News 2016 St Kilda in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a problem with that.

He's the ultimate "professional" in every sense of the word. He takes the opportunity at the best money, or what causes his personal profile best, or what is considered the highest achievement, and brings an impeccable attitude, including leadership and consistent 100% effort.

Lots of Rugby fans have a problem with that. But given the longstanding professionalism in (110ish years to 20ish) I also don't understand why any non-bulldogs League fans have a problem with that either.
I watch a fair bit of Union and probably just as much League as i do AFL.
Anytime you talk about either rugby code i can tell that your pretty knowledgeable.
And that post about Sonny Bill was a pretty good summary on him :thumbsu:
I just think hes a bit of a grub thats all:D

its fyfe. his insta gave it away

i think he stays at freo, but worst case he uses us to increase his dollars by a big big margin

The only big names who may be available are:
Fyfe
Martin
Watson
Josh Kennedy ( Sydney)
Priddis
Rockliff

Obviously there are only a couple there with any appeal.

The only big names who may be available are:
Fyfe
Martin
Watson
Josh Kennedy ( Sydney)
Priddis
Rockliff

Obviously there are only a couple there with any appeal.
I'd add Shiel, Smith and Patton to the list, but am not sure how I feel about the prospect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was being slightly toungue in cheek as all those guys would very difficult to get. Not impossible, but very difficult. I think Heeney could be the best, but given he is a NSW boy, and will be a Sydney pin-up boy, just can't see anyone prising him out. Happy days if so.

I still think the potential prospect of footy across the ditch is a massive selling point, if we decide to go down the Dusty route.
Didnt his dad just change his mind and claim to be aboriginal instead in a bid to re enter Australia LOL.

im happy to have Dusty at the Saints no problem. Not so sure about Mr Dusty though.

Didnt his dad just change his mind and claim to be aboriginal instead in a bid to re enter Australia LOL.

im happy to have Dusty at the Saints no problem. Not so sure about Mr Dusty though.
That I haven't heard. If so, best of luck on what is more than likely going to be a severely drawn out and probably fruitless venture.

I'll back our recruiters on whether they decide to attract Dusty or not. His on field endeavours last year were superb.

Fyfe, Shiel, Hopper or Kelly for mine....(assuming Heeney is not gettable)

Do not want Martin - he is a dog of a bloke IMO
You cant judge people unless you've met them. And you can't hold past discrepancies against a man, who was very recently, a boy.

Besides rimmer was a dog of a bloke but red dwarf wouldn't have been as good without him.

That I haven't heard. If so, best of luck on what is more than likely going to be a severely drawn out and probably fruitless venture.

I'll back our recruiters on whether they decide to attract Dusty or not. His on field endeavours last year were superb.
It was front page of herald scum one of the days this week. His dad has claimed to have found a drop of aboriginal blood in his ancestors so wants back in LOL.
Id take Dusty no problem.
Do we want a no dickhead policy or do we want to build a team to win a flag.??
Most premiership teams have at least a couple of dickheads:D

You cant judge people unless you've met them. And you can't hold past discrepancies against a man, who was very recently, a boy.

Besides rimmer was a dog of a bloke but red dwarf wouldn't have been as good without him.
He wasnt recruited to Star Trek though was he?

It was front page of herald scum one of the days this week. His dad has claimed to have found a drop of aboriginal blood in his ancestors so wants back in LOL.
Id take Dusty no problem.
Do we want a no dickhead policy or do we want to build a team to win a flag.??
Most premiership teams have at least a couple of dickheads:D

I can't help thinking that Martin's father being sent out of the country, and him being in an AFL environment is probably the best thing for him.
I don't believe for a minute that AFL is a bad environment, they do set a high standard compared to normal society, and particularly its a better peer group than Martin would have if he'd not been drafted.

Ahem, Smokey is named after a Rimmer from an alternate universe, who is actually a dead-set superstar legend of a bloke. That only heightens the sense that you wouldn't spit on our-universe's Rimmer if he was on fire.

Rohan Connolly said:
ST KILDA: In the throng of teams around the finals mark, the Saints are arguably the most exciting prospect. They flew home in 2016 with eight wins from their last 11, and have a clutch of exciting types entering their prime led by Jack Steven, Seb Ross, Mav Weller, Tom Hickey and Tim Membrey. The forward set-up is a lot more potent now, the perhaps questionable defence will be bolstered significantly by Jake Carlisle and Nathan Brown, and Koby Stevens and Jack Steele help the midfield depth. Set for a serious crack at the top eight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back