Super Rugby 2016 Super Rugby Discussion

Maester

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Just bear in mind thr Brumbies were coming back from South Africa.

Yeah, but they also had the advantage of being at home. The Chiefs execution in attack was first class. It's almost impossible to stop a team that counter attacks like that. Cruden and McKenzie run the show so well.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I had no idea Damien McKenzie was THIS good. From what I had seen of him I thought he was a mixture of Tim Nanai-Williams and Stephen Donald and would never quite ascend to being a dominant Super player or Test player. But I was dreadfully wrong, he looks to be on the fast track to the All Blacks with good reason.

Maester

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I had no idea Damien McKenzie was THIS good. From what I had seen of him I thought he was a mixture of Tim Nanai-Williams and Stephen Donald and would never quite ascend to being a dominant Super player or Test player. But I was dreadfully wrong, he looks to be on the fast track to the All Blacks with good reason.

His stats so far this season are unreal. I doubt that he'll usurp Ben Smith in the next couple of years but he seems a very likely successor and will put the pressure on Smith to keep performing. I thought the AB's may be a bit weaker in the centres as well this year, but with Fekitoa at 13 and either Crotty or Ngatai at 12 they're going to be as strong as ever.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
The AAMI Park surface will be a talking point after tonight's game.
Was a disgrace and simply unacceptable. Players were at serious risk to injury.
Would need to be sorted before Friday night.
Cheetahs 92-17 over the Sunwolves overnight, 14 tries to the Cheetahs :eek:

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Great win over the Tahs to finally break the hoodoo. Tomane with a treble. Has given us a big chance of playing finals again

Fast forward till the season is over so we can finally get rid of the useless Dennis. No surprise that we won the comp when he didn't play much.

Brumbies are better though.

Force should put 40 on us this week, if we are favourites I'm loading up on the Force!

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
First game back after the break and we destroyed the Reds. Huge game against the Blues next week, win that and finals are within our grasp

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brumbies finals chances look bad now after we were crunched by Auckland yesterday.
Crusaders scored 85 against the Rebels today:eek:

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bloody hell Auckland you had 1 job:mad:
Missed a conversion late on that would of prevented the Tahs getting a bonus point. NSW now on top of the Aussie Conference and means we need to pick up a point against the Force to get through

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brumbies do enough to beat the Force 24-10 and finish top.
Tough ask for us next week to take on the reigning Champs the Highlanders in Canberra.
Chiefs and Crusaders who were 1 and 2 both lost today and ended up finishing 3rd and 4th respectively whilst the Canes topped the Conference ahead of the Highlanders

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Super Rugby website has Lions vs Highlanders kick off at 9am AEST. That can't be right, surely?

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
Good game between the Lions and the Sharks. One of those times where I remember what South Africa brought/brings to Super Rugby. Big crowd, great atmosphere, passionate fans. Worth staying up for.

Back