Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2003
On the final table-ALL IN
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Man U and Melbourne Storm
Mills must have you'd have to say!

So how's your ruck set up going to work? Boyd chopping out?

Who gets the game out of Roberts, Adams's or Collins down back?

Can Johannesen step into elite def category?
Well looks like a race to be fit for Tom Campbell, if he is fit he'll get the first crack. Boyd will spend time in the ruck, more just to improve his fitness and get him involved in the game at times. Roughead and minson will get their chances

Adams will play rd 1 but I see Roberts and Collins having roles in the team over the season.

Just remember 1 thing Bev loves turning over the team week to week depending on who we play.

As for JJ for sure I see him improving and becoming elite

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I reckon Zerrett is a great chance to avg 95 this season in RDT, convinced myself to pick him this week as I have early doubts on Dustin Martin due to Edwards and Deledios injuries that may force him to play as a small forward regularly early in the season = prime upgrade target.

Just looking at Zerretts numbers last year, he went over 80 13 times in his 17 games and he had a worst score of 65. The kid is so consistent already, great signs for the future. Hopefully he stays out on the park.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Yeah mate id say hes a 50/50 for round 1 but i dont know about his JS with mcveigh due back in the early rounds.

McVeigh won't be back early.

papley will be named to play.

Howard Moon

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I reckon Zerrett is a great chance to avg 95 this season in RDT, convinced myself to pick him this week as I have early doubts on Dustin Martin due to Edwards and Deledios injuries that may force him to play as a small forward regularly early in the season = prime upgrade target.

Just looking at Zerretts numbers last year, he went over 80 13 times in his 17 games and he had a worst score of 65. The kid is so consistent already, great signs for the future. Hopefully he stays out on the park.

Plus he will have a MUCH bigger role this year. Can't go past him in the forward line with that price.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
McVeigh won't be back early.

papley will be named to play.

Howard Moon
I've got Papley and Hewett in my DT currently, but not Newman

I reckon Hewett has the best JS out of them 3, seems the type who can play a number of roles between the flanks.

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Any news on George Hewitt? Big fan .

Me too. Good numbers. He's a maybe, so I would wait until he gets named, whenever that may be. It's a depth thing.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Easy to just sit petracca there but it's a cop out, he might end up a sneaky cash out option in 5-7 weeks
I see Dunkley, Trengrove, Freeman, Petracca etc as downgrade options

FWIW though I'm sitting with Dunkley as I think he'll come in between rounds 3-5

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Is Hanley injured?

Dunno, think maybe later in the season for Keays?

What's your post-NAB view on Dea just wondering? I have him at D5 currently.

Sitting d6, should be safe enough! Sweating on the tippa upgrade tho, they are testing my patience or planning on his upgrade being a pr stunt which I hope not

Who will Courtney Dempsey push out when he returns? Dea?
Don't know until the team is named :p. But you'd assume it'd be a Fantasia type, unless he moves up the field.

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
for any lurkers out there ill try and do a bit of a rundown of our fantasy assets...

Zach Merrett - could be a top 6 fwd, 90+, will play predominatly midfield, is probably proiced fairly, may increase slightly\
David Zaharakis- way underpriced, will look to go mid to high 90s, but are you buying as a stepping stone? wont be a midfield keeper.
Darcy Parish - should play enough games to be viable and has the tac history and nab game to show he could score 70ish + but lots about in his price range (experienced and rooks), just depends on your inkling. He should get you to byes atleast with a nice rise.
Joe Daniher - balls pick but i think a change of role will boost his numbers, looks to be a high forward who pushes up the ground, would be looking for 15
+ posessions 8 marks a game type of figures, if he kicks striaght when gets shots could go 80s - enough to get you to a premo upgrage
Mat Dea- looks to have got himself the rebounder role, rock solid pick i think for the price, has possible 70s in him if the ball is camped that end
Tippa - read above but with less security
Craig Bird - seems to be playing pure negative - led the club for tackles in the nab but isnt scoring enough, forget.
Goddard - scremed pick me all pre season but im not convinved, think the weight of the job might hurt his scoring, might be doing alot of spare parts jobs\
Simpkin - seems a safe enough pick, tbh i havent really been impressed with his usage over the nab but he seems to get it enough. mid to high 70s atleast
Langford - reckon hes a good smokey pick at the low price point, should play all games and get solid midfield time real pod cow
Mitch Browne - still a lock for me, will get alot of +6 in defnece as we work the ball around. You dont get much more js at 120k, just take it and run
Hartley, same as above but with lower scores, more the gorilla keeper
Kommer - not convinced at all of scoring potential, or even best 22 - id pass
Luenberger - Real risk reward here.. i dont think he plays round one but he could very well come in and go 80s early getting you to a martin/goldy quickly.. but the body is just too risky to rely on. got balls?
Grimley. Safe to lock r3 i reckon, should play deepest forward and get 2-3 goal games, maybe 30 for the year? but wont possess much, scores of 50 look about it

anyone else?
Has Tippa been promoted from rookie list.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Morning guys.

Thoughts on Grimley as an F8 / ruck switch? I don't want to pick him at R3 because I want a loophole option.

I've had him locked from the start but am starting to waiver due to the potential of him being stuck in the forward line without much supply and churning out 20s and 30s. I'm worried that I'll miss out on a lot of cash generation from someone like McCarthy for an extra 30 odd in a bye round.

Are you guys picking him? If so, convince me!

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Morning guys.

Thoughts on Grimley as an F8 / ruck switch? I don't want to pick him at R3 because I want a loophole option.

I've had him locked from the start but am starting to waiver due to the potential of him being stuck in the forward line without much supply and churning out 20s and 30s. I'm worried that I'll miss out on a lot of cash generation from someone like McCarthy for an extra 30 odd in a bye round.

Are you guys picking him? If so, convince me!

Tbh he will throw some 30s, even probably has a 50s ceiling even when kicks a bag. But is the one loophole worth picking deadwood for? Back your captain In! Have grim r3 and by byes he's probably worth 250k -300k if lucky, that's juicy upgrade cash, better than a loophole point grab?

ekel92

Senior List
Mar 7, 2010
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Hey guys, I am going a massive gun and rookies strategy this year.

How is Darcy Parish tracking? I reckon if he plays he can average at least 60+ points.
Sorry if this question was answered previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back