2016 Supercoach / Dream Team etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Same here, I am in the crapster, as I still have Sheridan, Barlow, Adams, Currie, Wells, Greene, and now Ablett in my teams. I am going to keep Wells and Adams on the Bench, and trade Ablett and Sheridan, and hope that Barlow and Greene are back in to play this week!

Give me a break!

Papley, Howe, Ablett, Hall to add to my woes of last week. The only positives are that Weitering is back and I've again been forced into a trade that makes me some cash so I can trade Barlow for Riewoldt this time.

Hi Port fans have been trying find some cheap back line gold to offset my Houli, Boyd, Adams nightmare and then fix my Ablett, Hall, Wells problem.

Have no choice but to go a mid price madness trade for Houli as he is worth bumpkis. How is Trengrove faring in the ruck? Is he likely to improve as he seems a competitive type. Has scored 116 and 81 in the past two weeks. Will he continue rucking for the foreseeable future?

Thx in advance.

Hi Port fans have been trying find some cheap back line gold to offset my Houli, Boyd, Adams nightmare and then fix my Ablett, Hall, Wells problem.

Have no choice but to go a mid price madness trade for Houli as he is worth bumpkis. How is Trengrove faring in the ruck? Is he likely to improve as he seems a competitive type. Has scored 116 and 81 in the past two weeks. Will he continue rucking for the foreseeable future?

Thx in advance.
I can't see him moving and after the bullet has been bitten and we have found he is our best ruck as Ryder and Lobbe are both out long term you can expect him to play there for a good while. Last week's score would hopefully be the lowest as it is mostly clearances and around the ground work. Jump on as soon as you can because his price will skyrocket. As soon as I got him for Houli I had a huge amount of cash to spend on premo's and but for the rash of injuries and omissions would be scoring well each week.

I can't see him moving and after the bullet has been bitten and we have found he is our best ruck as Ryder and Lobbe are both out long term you can expect him to play there for a good while. Jump on as soon as you can because his price will skyrocket. As soon as I got him for Houli I had a huge amount of cash to spend on premo's and but for the rash of injuries and omissions would be scoring well each week.

Cheers mate thx for replying. Lets hope the idea does not catch on too much.;) If he can keep trending up it may be a move that could set up my season which was also trending up until this week. Was able to upgrade Wells to a mid premo on the back of this move. Hope it pays of for us.:thumbsu:

First time in 3 weeks I've had a full team. The first time I had 21 and scored 1845 but won all my leagues. The second time I had 20 but was very fortunate in that I had players who scored big tons and a minimum of spuds and I scored 1909. But I lost all three leagues. I had Heath Shaw in my side and even if I had used him as skip instead of Nick Riewoldt I would still have lost.

Is Howard likely to be used as back up to Trengove and only when you guys are up against formidable rucks, such as Gawn, Goldstein, Mumford etc? Or was he brought in because of Jonas not playing leaving Trengove to go down back temporarily?
As to the first part of your question, we had Martin, Kreuzer and Naitanui/Lycett in the last three weeks so we have faced some pretty formidable rucks. So my answer to that is no. As to the second, yes I do think Trengove will occasionally fall back, but I can't see this affecting his AF or SC scores as he should be a loose man in defence. It is only when he is used as a defender only that he has had really low scores.

As to the first part of your question, we had Martin, Kreuzer and Naitanui/Lycett in the last three weeks so we have faced some pretty formidable rucks. So my answer to that is no. As to the second, yes I do think Trengove will occasionally fall back, but I can't see this affecting his AF or SC scores as he should be a loose man in defence. It is only when he is used as a defender only that he has had really low scores.
Sorry meant to clarify I was looking at bringing in Howard instead of Trent West as a forward downgrade in RDT, the extra cash from going to Howard instead of West could be handy in a few weeks for upgrades. But Trengove is the main ruck at the moment.

Just wondering, will Ken give Howard a few weeks consecutively in the team this time around, or will he just use him when he needs an extra tall and constantly be in and out etc?

Howard's long term place in the side might depend on the returning Carlile's form in the SANFL.

Could also depend on how Port sets up with Howard and Trengove. Howard played a lot in the backlines in his first year (last year) at SANFL level and Trengove is a better first ruck option at this point in their careers. I would suggest (hope) they'll both rotate back/ruck but Trengove will remain our #1 ruck this week.

Dat moment when I see the Ruggles / Ciaran Byrne late omission and I have DBJ's 99 sitting on the bench :/

Capture.JPG

Picture_2_c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made Heath Shaw my captain. 5 tons in a row and then he scores 80. Just sneaked over 2000 for only the third time this year. But for Petracca's 40, having to use O'Brien(25) because of injuries, Sidebottom only scoring 32 in the second half after 75 in the first and changing the skip from Riewoldt I could have scored 2200. But if is a word used a lot in all games.
Two weeks ago I scored 1845 and won all my leagues. Since then I have scored 1946 and 2027 and not had one league win.

That is because I made him my captain this week. Apologies.
I don't know. My captains have been cursed this year. Dangerfield, Shaw and S.Mitchell(2) have all posted sub-100 scores when my skip. And I swapped the skip last week from Shaw(176) to Riewoldt(112) ten minutes before the round started.

Dat moment when I see the Ruggles / Ciaran Byrne late omission and I have DBJ's 99 sitting on the bench :/

View attachment 251766

Picture_2_c.jpg
After one of my forwards was out and my emergency was injured late and I ended up with Tom Papley scoring 107 on my bench I have always checked the news on the fantasy screen just as the Friday game is about to start. I managed to miss being burnt by Bachar Houli being out because of that and with trading for Jackson Trengove got myself another midfield premo.

After one of my forwards was out and my emergency was injured late and I ended up with Tom Papley scoring 107 on my bench I have always checked the news on the fantasy screen just as the Friday game is about to start. I managed to miss being burnt by Bachar Houli being out because of that and with trading for Jackson Trengove got myself another midfield premo.
Unfortunately these lads pulled out on Sunday morning for an eye infection and polio respectively.. realistically I can only blame myself not having faith in DBJ.

The only thing bad as an owner of Wingard in SC since rnd 1 is that now every man and his dog will be getting him in as a cheapy.

Was just looking through the AF site and the Port Adelaide verified league is leading the Adelaide verified league.
looks like he's finally found some form. Wouldn't be the worst pick going around atm.
I've picked him. He looked good in his 98 against West Coast and even better in his 116(which should have been 126 or 131 as he missed a few sodas) against Melbourne.
If Dougal Howard has job security he would be a good pickup for anyone looking to downgrade. He's $177K and scored 63(could have been 73) on the weekend. Most people have Papley who's $310K and scoring the same range as Dougal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back