2016 Supercoach / Dream Team etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done mate, you are smoking it! I did OK in Dreamteam after dropping quite a few spots last week, picked up a few spots this week to 119....
upload_2016-6-20_9-24-0.png
I wont post my SC & Fantasy scores, too embarrassing!! I have been cruelled by injuries the last month and fielded more doughnuts than Crispy-frigging-Creams!! Although I scored well this week in both (SC-1900; and Fantasy-1978), and jumped 1000's to at least be in the "decent" range!

Now comes the big decision this week ... do I downgrade, or upgrade? I am also a bit worried that most of my premium-mids all have a bye in the third bye round, so looking at a bad score that week with all the bench players having to cover. Decisions, decisions!

Last edited:

Bernie Vince has me spewing! I agonised over whether to get him or Bartel as another defensive premo. Eventually went for Vince although he was $11K more expensive and would only be playing for one more game before his bye. Then he goes and has high contact on Parker which looks at least worth one or two. And with Riewoldt possibly still injured I could be looking at over a million on the pine from just two players.
Scored 1877 which seems to be a par bye score. A couple of mistakes I made with my original team and with trading in earlier rounds meant that I played too many rookies and had a return of 195 from 4 of my players. I'm well down the list and I jumped up 2470 places.
Looks like I'll have about 2 more premos not playing this week but hope for a 1700-1800 score.
Downgraded DBJ and picked up Ablett.

I've had probably the starkest form turnaround in RDT history this year. After Round 9 I was sitting at 4,851 coming off of scores of 1920, 1886 and 1882. After Round 12 I was sitting 1231 coming off of scores of 2366, 2293 and 2396. I'm now sitting at 756 after a score of 1983 in the first bye week. Meaning I managed to score more with 18 players this week than I scored with 22 players in Rounds 7, 8 or 9.
Happened with me too, although in AF. Scored 1694 in R2, 1824 in R4 and 1845 in R8. And up to R11 I never got better than 2074 with 22 players. Then the first bye week I got 1877 with 18. From most of the comments on the AF forum a bye par is about 1900 and some of the coaches got over 2000.
Unfortunately my position is nothing like yours. After my 1694 in R2 I dropped 15000 places to 25016. I have since recovered but I am still at 11173.

I've had probably the starkest form turnaround in RDT history this year. After Round 9 I was sitting at 4,851 coming off of scores of 1920, 1886 and 1882. After Round 12 I was sitting 1231 coming off of scores of 2366, 2293 and 2396. I'm now sitting at 756 after a score of 1983 in the first bye week. Meaning I managed to score more with 18 players this week than I scored with 22 players in Rounds 7, 8 or 9.

We must have the same team. I got 2040 in DT which is both my 7th best and worst score (Both 6 scores better and worse). I was rank 3640 a month ago, now I'm inside the top 1000. Same sort of story in Fantasy with 5 scores worse than this weeks score and a gradual progression into the top 6000. Seems ridiculous to think you can score better with 4 less players than half your years scores to date, especially if you're not doing that badly. Good that there's been some massive scores from popular premiums the last few weeks.

Happened with me too, although in AF. Scored 1694 in R2, 1824 in R4 and 1845 in R8. And up to R11 I never got better than 2074 with 22 players. Then the first bye week I got 1877 with 18. From most of the comments on the AF forum a bye par is about 1900 and some of the coaches got over 2000.
Unfortunately my position is nothing like yours. After my 1694 in R2 I dropped 15000 places to 25016. I have since recovered but I am still at 11173.

I feel you, I got 1607 in round 2 after coping Rockliff's 24 as captain, Duncan and Harwood's 16 and to top it off Dixon's 26 after a showdown flogging and backing him in which looked like an okay decision after a promising 81 in round 1. I went from rank 7500 to over 35000 and was shattered. I recovered pretty well and actually went up 21000 ranks in 2 weeks and got inside the top 10000 and have been fluctuating for the last 6 weeks but have had a couple of good weeks the last few rounds and am now my highest ranking 5600.

I feel you, I got 1607 in round 2 after coping Rockliff's 24 as captain, Duncan and Harwood's 16 and to top it off Dixon's 26 after a showdown flogging and backing him in which looked like an okay decision after a promising 81 in round 1. I went from rank 7500 to over 35000 and was shattered. I recovered pretty well and actually went up 21000 ranks in 2 weeks and got inside the top 10000 and have been fluctuating for the last 6 weeks but have had a couple of good weeks the last few rounds and am now my highest ranking 5600.
Very similar story here... Then I got smashed by multiple injuries to my premium mids on the same weeks. My worst first 10 rounds in years! Clawing my way back now, but it's tough!

Not going to get a good showing in this bye round. The player who would have been my only one tonight, Daniel Wells is out and will also be on the bye next week. Nick Riewoldt is back after one week off before the bye rounds and then a bye last week. But my most consistent scorer, Dayne Zorko will be out and then is on the bye next week. Best thing seems to be to go on with my plan and not let these unexpected happenings affect me.
Took the money I've made with DBJ and traded Christian Petracca for Gary Ablett.
Due to having no players in tonights match I dropped 2394 places down the rankings which was surprising as I thought it would be more.

Collingwood are bringing in some big money earners. After Josh Smith who has already made $186K for those who got on him at $125K there is now Tom Phillips who went up $16K in his first game and scored a 92 in his second yesterday. And he has pretty good job security and a BE of 0 so is a good downgrade. Although his price now is likely to be closer to something like $170K.

So much for Partial Lockout. Left my Captain on Shaw and couldn't change it after Thursday nights game. If Ablett goes big I'm going to be furious.

So much for Partial Lockout. Left my Captain on Shaw and couldn't change it after Thursday nights game. If Ablett goes big I'm going to be furious.
That seems strange. According to the rules of partial lockout on the fantasy tool you should be able to do that.

https://fantasy.afl.com.au/help/index.html#/guidelines

6. PARTIAL LOCKOUT
HOW THE PARTIAL LOCKOUT SYSTEM WORKS

• The competition enters Partial Lockout mode when there is a game that starts earlier in the week than the traditional Friday night game start at or around 7.00pm.
    • For example, there will be a Partial Lockout at the beginning of the Adelaide v North Melbourne match, at 8:10pm on Thursday, June 23.
    • When the competition is in this Partial Lockout, any Adelaide or North Melbourne Players chosen in your Team will be 'locked in', meaning you will not be able to make changes such as selecting, substituting or trading them, and these Players cannot be changed to or from Captain, Vice Captain or be taken in or out of Emergency status.
    • Likewise, after the Partial Lockout starts you will not be able to be trade Adelaide or North Melbourne Players into your Team until the end of the Full Lockout.
    • However, you can edit your Team as usual with the remaining Players from the other 16 teams up until the start of the Friday evening match. At that point the game enters Full Lockout with the User’s Teams locked into the Players currently selected and no changes are possible now until the end of the Lockout. If an Adelaide or North Melbourne Player is selected as Captain, Vice Captain and/or an Emergency prior to the Thursday evening Partial Lockout, they can NO LONGER be de-selected or changed. If these positions are not filled with an Adelaide or North Melbourne Player, these selections can still be changed until the Full Lockout at the beginning of the Friday night game for Players from the remaining 8 matches.
    • Any Trades and Substitutions that you want to make between 8:10 pm AEST on Thursday and Friday evening cannot involve the Adelaide or North Melbourne Players.
    • Note that Lockouts will be enforced until a period after the final Game of the round, which is generally about 12 hours after the conclusion of that final Game. This includes irregularities to the AFL fixture such as Monday games (ie Melbourne vs. Collingwood on Monday June 13)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to have to take my medicine this week. Would have just had 18 for this bye week but then Dayne Zorko and Daniel Wells were out. So there went a potential 200+. Then Shaw(42), Weitering(51) and Kerridge(69) decided to have spud games. Rockliff as skip just broke the ton, Dangerfield scored 95, Sidebottom 84, at least Riewoldt got 116, Docherty 101, Simpson 97 and Phillips 92. I only have Ablett and two rookies left so if I can get together 200 from them I'll be happy.
Got 1118 now and dropped 3485 places so far, I can only really hope to remain there.
Next week I will have 19 not taking into account any trades I can make to get higher scoring players in. Getting my full teams for 2 out of the 3 bye rounds is better than I expected.

Well s**t. Missed out on 87 points thanks to this.

I've got a full team for this bye. Managed to get 20 for the required 18 and depending on Gold Coast I could have 21. Some big scorers out like Dangerfield, Rockliff, Zorko and Wells so I don't think my score will be all that much better. Ablett has been consistently good lately so I've made him skip.

You got dudded! I also tried to change my captain to from Danger to Ablett. Surprised it wouldnt let me, so missed out on about 30 points.

How's this for a rocket in fantasy value? Josh Smith from Collingwood started at $125K and in his first four weeks went up $28K with an 89 then $50K with a 97, $42K with a 61 and $31K with a 61. A total of $151K. After 9 games his value has increased by $203K and his BE is 40.

Darcy Byrne-Jones price has increased $201K in 11 games, his first four price changes were $10K, $34K, $44K and $38K totalling $122K. Arguably, if he were playing midfield like Josh Smith his price increases could be as startling.

Bit annoyed I'm ranked 5th for total points in our Big Footy Div 1 league but am 5-9 and 13th and looking Likely to miss out on finals. Bloody second last for points conceded. Feeling a bit like I'm reflecting Ports season.

Apart from the usual drop experienced during bye rounds Zaharakis scored 50, Vince 60, Sidebottom 64, T. Mitchell 62, Kerridge 63 and Ablett(C) 78. And I was considering Parker for Zaharakis three weeks ago after Zaha had scored 26. At the time Zaharakis was $464K and Parker $501K so for $37K I could have got a player whose last two scores were 140 and 158. Instead I had one whose last two were 91 and 50, is looking out of sorts and is now suspended. At least I can still get Andrew Gaff for a song and I don't lose too much from the kitty replacing an under-performing Sidebottom with Parker.
Daniel Wells may return against the Eagles, he is still on the fantasy tool as injured but is TEST on the NMFC website.

My team performed well over the bye rounds, when I had no opposition to concern myself with. Almost every player recorded a decent score.

Of course, now that my leagues are back to being competitive, every player so far this week has under-performed.

I can't catch a break this year.

He's had a partial midfield role for a while now. He has often had quite a few possessions at half time but not so many in the second half. I'd treat his SC and AF scores against Hawthorn as an aberration and look elsewhere.

I play ultimate footy draft league so he is golden atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back