2016 Supercoach / Dream Team etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Heath Shaw, Chad Wingard and having Gary Ablett as skip didn't help my performance this week. Only scored 1942 and won one out of three leagues. What makes that even worse is that I was considering putting the skip on Patrick Dangerfield and picking up Aaron Hall instead of Lance Franklin and if I'd made those changes I'd have won all leagues. I only had 4 tons - Dangerfield(139), Sidebottom(119), Gawn(110) and Rockliff(101) but eight of my players scored in the nineties. Naismith from the Swans is a good ruck downgrade to help me get rid of the injured Currie and give me an extra $120K in the kitty so that I can get Sloane.

Heath Shaw, Chad Wingard and having Gary Ablett as skip didn't help my performance this week. Only scored 1942 and won one out of three leagues. What makes that even worse is that I was considering putting the skip on Patrick Dangerfield and picking up Aaron Hall instead of Lance Franklin and if I'd made those changes I'd have won all leagues. I only had 4 tons - Dangerfield(139), Sidebottom(119), Gawn(110) and Rockliff(101) but eight of my players scored in the nineties. Naismith from the Swans is a good ruck downgrade to help me get rid of the injured Currie and give me an extra $120K in the kitty so that I can get Sloane.
Same here, and more for me ... had a shocking week!

Same here, and more for me ... had a shocking week!
The guy who I beat only got 1710. I thought maybe he's one of these coaches who gives up after the bye but it doesn't look like it, his team is made up of OK players who unluckily were all down at the same time.
About half of the teams in the three leagues I'm playing scored below 2000 but some of them seem to have given up. In fact one player I'm sure has given up as Dangerfield was an emergency, McKenzie Willis and Tom Phillips(both not playing) were on the field, Jordan Lewis scored 100 but was on the bench but was not an emergency and Heath Shaw was an emergency but his score was not used.

Last edited:
Heath Shaw's value is down to $470K! I'd get rid of him but it would only be for someone worth about 20 points more. And I wouldn't even be likely to make much extra cash, I can get more by downgrading my bench player, Weitering. I have finally bitten the bullet and traded Franklin for Zerrett. Should have taken Gray earlier instead of Buddy and I'd have scored 2401 this week which would have been my highest ever score. As it was I scored 2362 and won all three leagues, although it does look like 2 of them have given up. they only had 20 and 21 players and some of the players were rookie emergencies.
Looks like I may have missed the boat on Dusty. He is playing Hawthorn so 161 is unlikely but with his BE of 84 his price is likely to go up. Although I still have Mason Cox to downgrade and could get another $100K+ to add to the $100K I've got after this weeks changes.
High scoring seems to have abounded with a lot of people having Zerrett, Zorko, Dangerfield, Jelwood and both Martins, all of whom scored big this week. The fantasy forum was full of posts from people who had broken 2500 or just missed 2500.

Thumping week! Huge scores all round by the looks!

I got 2408 in AFL Fantasy and drop 20 spots to 102 overall!!

Still 2nd overall in RDT, but lost 40 points to the leader (even though I got 2443). Pretty much the only weekly chance to make a difference is captain choice now. He went Dangerfield and I went Rockliff. Was shitting in at half time when Rocky was on 41, but he roared back into it and finished on 128.

We both have Deledio to deal with this week and he also has held Laird. Injuries and how many trades we have left will decide this I feel.

Supercoach was solid and I'm happy with the result considering I had Laird and Libba out. Moved up 53 spots to 911 with a 2381.

I got 2408 in AFL Fantasy and drop 20 spots to 102 overall!!

Still 2nd overall in RDT, but lost 40 points to the leader (even though I got 2443). Pretty much the only weekly chance to make a difference is captain choice now. He went Dangerfield and I went Rockliff. Was shitting in at half time when Rocky was on 41, but he roared back into it and finished on 128.

We both have Deledio to deal with this week and he also has held Laird. Injuries and how many trades we have left will decide this I feel.

Supercoach was solid and I'm happy with the result considering I had Laird and Libba out. Moved up 53 spots to 911 with a 2381.

Pipped you in the Poo Eckert Cup with 2434 this week. Knocking on the door of the top 3000 now. Been moving up the ranks every week for 6 weeks now, so aiming for top 1000!

Made a few bad choices just after the bye. Didn't go Dusty when he was just over $500K and recently picked up Franklin when for about $14K more I could have had Gray. And held onto Shaw while his price was dropping in huge chunks each week. I could have picked up Boyd for him, Boyd always has been extremely consistent this and previous years. Even with that and the fact I've still got about four players who should only have been cash cows, I went up 1529 places last week. Mind you, my placing is 15657 so even the top 10000 is starting to look a long way off.
I'm currently placed 10th, 4th and 10th in the three leagues I'm in. One of them I'm a game and a big percentage out of the eight so I'm unlikely to make finals but one of them I'm only one game out and have a much superior percentage to all three teams above me so there's a chance there.

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 8.49.40 pm.png

Can't believe I only went up 39 spots with that score. So many big scores around this week. I actually lost ground to the person leading the Port Adelaide Official Club league. She got 2580!!

Heath Shaw actually got a ton this week with Port's wild kicks into the forward line. Had Rockliff but didn't put the skip on him, gave that to Zerrett who at least scored 130. Had 11 tons this week, the same as last week but whereas last week my lowest score was 75 this week I had 2 scores of 76, 2 of 69, a 61 and a 56 and a 57. A while ago I would have been over the moon with my score but 2281 is really dragging the feet now.
Looking at getting Steven in for Titchell next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 269168

100 points ahead of second now.

That is a mammoth score!!!

View attachment 269169

Can't believe I only went up 39 spots with that score. So many big scores around this week. I actually lost ground to the person leading the Port Adelaide Official Club league. She got 2580!!

I thought I did decent again with 2430 until I saw I was second in the BigFooty Div 1 league by over 100 points! Absolutely peaking there isn't another week before finals I've done a Port and finished just outside the 8 even though I'm 3rd top scorer! How depressing.

View attachment 269169

Scored 2281 and went up 157 places. But that will happen when you're ranked below 15000.

View attachment 269169

OVERALL RANK 15345+312
TOTAL SCORE 34812 RDS PLAYED 18

Scored 2463 less than you or an average of 136.83 per round but I'm 15288 places behind. A few poor choices at the start when we had unlimited trades, a miscalculation that caused a very bad 2nd bye score and some rotten choices with my skips. Simpson, Trengove, Dangerfield, Coniglio, Hunter, Gawn, Riewoldt and Zorko have been standouts for most of the time that I have had them. Titchell and Shaw have given me some good scores but also flopped and lost value.

Trailing on score 355-386 in my elimination final in the Poo Eckert cup but have only used 2 players to my opponents 4. Although my score is 2/355(C) and my opponents 4/386. We both had Danger and Hunter but I had Danger as skip, he has Rocky. We have 10 unique players although technically only 8 due to the fact we both have Danger and Rocky, but one as a single player, one as a skip.
Last night I had a dream that I scored 2478 fantasy points and Jackson Trengove got 155. We'll see if either of those is anywhere near correct.

Last edited:
My prediction of 2478 was 200 off and Trengove scored 109, not 155. Some of my players like Simpson and Vince didn't do well but enough scored big to allow me to win all 3 leagues. Although I'm only in the 1-8 finals for the Poo Eckert cup and that from the elimination final. As that started a week earlier than the other finals my win has put me into the semi-final there. In the other two leagues I'm playing from 9th.
My projected scores are good enough to beat some in the top 8 finals but I had such a bad start that I missed finals by 1 game. In the second round we played I dropped 16000 places and never recovered.
Traded in Enright for Vince and Swan's Josh Kennedy for Hunter to get a pretty good team. If I can get past Hinkley's Power Army then I have Cobra Kai FC in the prelim, which would be an interesting match-up as I finished the minor round around 15000 and Cobra Kai FC in double figures. However, the projected scores are very close now that a bit of trading up has been done. And Hinkley's Power Army still has Matthew Boyd, James Kelly and Stefan Martin on the bench. If any one of those play the balance would tip to HPA. If all three played I would need most of my uniques to play well above themselves.

Last edited:
Got my highest scores for the season on all platforms this round, winning all match-ups bar one. This is a season of "what could have been" for me. Started off doing fantastic, with best scores & highest positions on the different platforms ... then got about 4 "rounds from hell" with horrific injuries to top players all at once. A number of weeks I couldnt even put up a full 22 players. Over those weeks I went from having top positions, to having to claw my way back up through the ranks. Been a bugger, but I have viewed it as a challenge, and actually enjoyed it, trying to create something extra with some inventive trades.

With Sam Jacobs likely to sit out the Adelaide/Brisbane game Stefan Martin could be expected to get a good score. Even when he got towelled by Jackson Trengove and was not in the best players he got over 120 AF. James Kelly was just rested which means my opponent will be able to replace an emergency for a likely extra 60-70 points. If Matthew Boyd plays he will take the place of an emergency and that would again mean extra points against me.
I'm looking good for the 9-10 finals where I'm starting from the 1st qualifying final. As usually seems to happen with these things there are some people who just seem to give up after a while. I can't see the point, very fw people have a chance of winning but there must be some satisfaction in improving yourself.

After the Port v Sydney match I looked out of the Poo Eckert cup semi-final but with Clay Smith scoring only 5 I am back in it. Looks like it will be a very close run thing and if Bartel and Motlop have a day out against Essendon I have a chance.

A ton of players who generally return good points spudded it up this week for all of us. I've left the Poo Eckert Cup with a score of 2071 despite 12 of my players only scoring 812 between them. And these were players like Hunter, Bartel, Shaw, Gaff, Franklin, Motlop and Steven to name a few. Lost my Poo Eckert Cup semi-final by 47 which particularly grates as I traded in Corey Enright(121) after last week then changed him to Jimmy Bartel(62) on Friday. Lost that match by only 47. I thought I'd at least win the last as Andrew Gaff only had to put in a passable game for me to win but he did it for me with 57.
So I'm out of any major finals but I had a second chance in the second division finals.

I had the tough task of matchups with the Cobra in Poo Eckert cups on both SC & DT this week. I have no trades left on SC and had THREE A-graders injured, so forced to play bench players that scored 32, 41, and 57 respectively ... got smashed! Fared much better in DT, and managed a narrow win - Revenge!!
upload_2016-8-8_9-16-7.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back