2016 Supercoach / Dream Team etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I had the tough task of matchups with the Cobra in Poo Eckert cups on both SC & DT this week. I have no trades left on SC and had THREE A-graders injured, so forced to play bench players that scored 32, 41, and 57 respectively ... got smashed! Fared much better in DT, and managed a narrow win - Revenge!!
View attachment 274464

Haha, well done you. I lost three matches in RDT, yet also increased my overall lead at the top by 55 points.

:drunk:

Yeah, you are smashing it mate! I think I lucked in with that win ... But I will take it! ;)

In RDT/SC leagues I had a bizarre week. I lost 4 finals in SC with the second highest score in each league!!

At least I don't have Clay Smith, coaches who have him may be finding themselves in need of a trade if they don't have an appropriate replacement.
The MRP have let Mitchell off, but Pendelbury is 50:50 with his ankle
Please no more injuries!!! I have been destroyed by them this year!!!

Would have been interesting if I hadn't changed my traded in Corey Enright to Jimmy Bartel at the last moment. Only lost my semi-final by 47 and Enright scored 59 more. I would have been playing Cobra Kai FC and my team is somewhere around 14000 while his is close to the top. Still in a couple of second-eight finals. At least this year's taught me a few things with the errors I've made. The main one is that this game is like a TV quiz show, do the research but also don't second-guess yourself, go with your first hunch.

Robbie Gray - what's the deal?
Frustrated watching him wasted up forward when the ball wasn't there.

I haven't heard anything of an injury - is the cue in the rack?

Trengove's BE is up to 96 so it's time to move him on, notwithstanding the fact Gawn will take him apart and also that last time they played Trengove scored 52 only. Lobbe may also come in which would mean Trengove will not be near the ball as often. Kept Bartel although his last score was 62 and Steven whose last two were 73 and 64. Brought in Enright, may be a week late but he's consistent with the 90+ scores and at least I can minimise my error. Dom Tyson is cheap and has a good record against Port so I've replaced Lachie Hunter with him.

6 tons so far, at least the Melbourne game gave me 120 from Gawn and 126 from Tyson. I also have Rocky as skip, Zorko, Riewoldt and Coniglio. Some of my others didn't do all that well or I could be challenging some coaches high scores instead of being 16/1737(C). Still pretty good though even though my premium defenders and Steven have spudded it up so far. Although I do still have Bartel, Enright, Motlop, Dangerfield, Sloane and Zach Merrett to come which could mean my PB of 2373 could be under threat.

Traded Trengove and used his $409K to get Corey Enright for $468K but I might as well have saved myself a bit of money and used Heath Shaw whose value, though plummeting, was still $455K. He was expected to get back on track against WCE but after a 9-point first quarter scored 1 less than Trengove with 73.
Did OK trading in Dom Tyson but should have got rid of Jack Steven who also scored 73. Traded Lachie Hunter instead who at least got 95 and has Essendon and Freo to come up.
One thing that was obvious this year was that I did not have enough Sydney and Western Bulldogs players, and also that most players, even Dustin Martin, can be bought for just over $500K. They do not even have to be on a downward slide of low scores, just scoring a few low tons after a big one. And not to be seduced by one big score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd been looking for that big move of thousands of places but my mid-year trading was just too haphazard. Obviously I need to set my sights on a spine and not waver except in some cases of a J.Smith or different cash cows. Usually the cash cows will be first-year players but this year Trengove made a bit played out of position. Although a system player will never make as much as his starting price will usually be $200K-$250K at the lowest and while his BE will be low, it wil not be ridiculously low like -5.

Had a bit of bad luck in the prelims with Zorko and Franklin and also with having Tom Phillips(110) on the bench but scored 2284. This was enough to win one of the minor prelims. Have to see what happens with the MRP as Sloane is in my team. Sydney are playing Richmond so Hanneberry could be a straight swap there.

Dropped down to 800 after a high of about 150 :( But I just noticed Cobra Kai FC is ranked 8th out of 151,302 :eek:

Huge achievement, well done mate!

1st overall in RDT too.

:cool:

I'm 14242 in fantasy. Whereas the ladies flock to DaTBird, it's the seagulls that were flocking to me to ***t on my head.
Although I finished off the year with some pretty good scores(for me) and a clear idea of where I went wrong. Watch this space for 2017 for I have a cunning plan.:thumbsu:

Andrew Gaff must be the most bruise-free player in fantasy. 41 touches and 116 points. A good score but he's only had 2 marks and 2 tackles, 4 more tackles would turn a good score into a very good one.

Last edited:

One day, 3 games left. You sit 4th overall as it stands now. Can you win it?

As I am playing you in the Poo Eckert cup GF I can see you're team and know like myself you have Rocky captain who I'm hoping scores massive along with Neale to storm home!

With our match up what do ya reckon? It's going to be close!

I'm very close in my last chance to win anything. I'm 95 ahead with just the last quarter in the final game to go. But I've finished and my opponent has Lachie Neale, Lachie Hunter and Matthew Boyd. I was very lucky earlier as one of my unique players was Nick Riewoldt,

An insane 2571 for top 350 score for the week still not enough to get past the Cobra! Bloody Hunter couldn't beat JJ, just had to be within 12 points to win. Oh well happy with a 2484 overall rank to finish. Congrats to DaBird on finishing 7th overall, absolutely outstanding!

upload_2016-8-28_21-13-59.png

I did my best but just couldn't break his strangle hold on every bloody league!

Last edited:
Scraped in as winner of the 9-16 final by 26. Fortunately Lachie Neale and Lachie Hunter slowed to a work in the last quarter, scoring 24 points between them.
Improved a little this year. I didn't play last year and in 2014 I was number 29264 out of 194069. I scored 45283 with a high of 2373 and my highest round rank was 428.
This year I was 14962 out of 151505. I scored 45934 with a high of 2362 and my highest round rank was 789.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back