Injury 2016 Swans Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's definitely right. Reid would provide us with a genuine second forward - one who can take a strong grab (then kick behinds).

You know it's a bugbear of mine, and maybe they do it to generate calls, but all the discussion on Saturday morning was "Heeney or Richards". That is, if Heeney comes back, then Richards goes out. This was Dermie etc on the radio.

Seems obvious to me. Heeney back, Rose goes. Reid back, Richards goes. Second tall forward role to be played by one of the Richards brothers or Reid.

I still think about reid's running goal from 55 in the gf
He's a much better kick on the run. When he takes a mark inside 50 he should just walk back 20m, then run off his line and play on.

The messaging on Tippett's injury is weird. One interview, Harley is all "yeah,he's bloody great. We're being super-conservative with the return date, but he's healing like Wolverine", then a couple of days later Kurt's like "oh yeah, I hope to play some form of footy this year but we'll see."

I reckon Kurt's probably closer to the truth

The messaging on Tippett's injury is weird. One interview, Harley is all "yeah,he's bloody great. We're being super-conservative with the return date, but he's healing like Wolverine", then a couple of days later Kurt's like "oh yeah, I hope to play some form of footy this year but we'll see."

I reckon Kurt's probably closer to the truth

Yeh that interview with the man himself wasn't overly inspiring. The extra week off between Round 23 and the finals could end up being pivotal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The swans medical team has to be the worst in the league in terms of predicting how long the lay off will be. Don't trust anything they say now these days.

The swans medical team has to be the worst in the league in terms of predicting how long the lay off will be. Don't trust anything they say now these days.
I suspect that they are generally extremely good with their predictions within the club itself. The problems start when they provide the public version of their predictions.

Having Talia sacked is not providing him the assistance he needs, which is rehabilitation and education. What does he learn from that? What does the club learn from that? What does the AFL learn from that? Nothing, absolutely nothing except to move on and sweep it under the carpet!
lol what

I suspect that they are generally extremely good with their predictions within the club itself. The problems start when they provide the public version of their predictions.
I remember when we'd read the paper to get the injury list and over the next month we'd be waiting to hear about said player. With such ease of access to instant information these days injuries seem to take much longer than they ever used to. I doubt they would take longer (given advances in treatments) however I reckon we used to give a ~3 weeks buffer for injury timelines whereas now if it's 1-2 weeks different we're all fired up about it.

Then again, I do get it, the club don't want to give too much away to their opposition re: planning etc. We just want the perfect/accurate info instantly now unlike 15-20 years ago where we'd be more content with variations to the timeline.

2-3 according to the Swans website. Annoyingly Laidler is now also 2-3

Yep. Plan to have him return to the reserves in the next few weeks and then the Seniors in Round 22 along with Tippett

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-07-19/reid-remains-hopeful-of-2016-return

Injury List
Abe Davis (ankle) 4-6 weeks
Alex Johnson (knee) indefinite
Zak Jones (ankle) 4-6 weeks
Jeremy Laidler (hamstring) 2-3 weeks
Harrison Marsh (hamstring) test
Lewis Melican (hamstring) 2-3 weeks
Sam Reid (calf/Achilles) 2-3 weeks
Dan Robinson (shoulder) 3-5 weeks
Michael Talia (foot) indefinite
Kurt Tippett (hamstring tendon) 5 weeks

Status