2016 TDF fred.

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Starts tonight. Porte reckons he's never been in better shape, OGE have become OBE and now have a massive jersey clash with Movistar, their squad is also looking like it wont deliver much. Cannondale have signed a 5 year co-sponsor deal with Drapac with maybe a few riders from Drapac moving across for 2017, apparently Canty is one of them. Sky's squad is ridiculous, could probably go 1-2 if they really wanted to, Movistar also look strong. I dont see Nibali working for Aru and the internal dynamics of this squad look like a headache. Sagan's sprint form has been very good this year, keen to see if he can go with Kittel and Griepel. Anyways,

Stage 1

stage-1-profile.png

Sprinters only, weather forecast is for 40-50km/h winds so it may not be a formality. If Etixx were willing to put Tony Martin in the break in these conditions he could win it but they will save him for Kittel. Short odds on it being a bunch finish, Sagan may craft a win if the bigger sprinters ego's get in the way, he had a good sprint win into a head wind at Tour of California by timing it perfectly.

Also anybody is free to do previews because mine is pretty crap.

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Very excited about the tour starting. I feel that every year I spend the first week of the tour relearning all I knew about cycling last year. Who are BMC riding for? Porte or TVG?

RobV

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2003
Nowra, NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Perth; Scorchers; Man Utd
Very excited about the tour starting. I feel that every year I spend the first week of the tour relearning all I knew about cycling last year. Who are BMC riding for? Porte or TVG?
You may already know this because your prob still watching but sbs said they are joint team leaders..ill guess for sprints they will all support TVG but for everything else they will support Porte..

Love the tour..hoping for an astana win again.

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
New sponsor, now orica-bike exchange. There will be a completely new kit next year.

Cheers. Stupid uniform now. huge clash with a few teams. It sucks only being able to tell the team from the helmet.

They were pretty hard to spot before, but this is a lot worse

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would love to see some mountains early for once. Feels like they go north to south and then back up for the final stage in paris every year

:rolleyes:

There's plenty of mountain stages. Add recently they've been mixing it up with some punchy finishes in the first week. How many mountain stages do you want...

Enjoyed Cavendish winding back the clock against the odds. What a determined beast he is.

:rolleyes:

There's plenty of mountain stages. Add recently they've been mixing it up with some punchy finishes in the first week. How many mountain stages do you want...

Enjoyed Cavendish winding back the clock against the odds. What a determined beast he is.

I'd like to see them travel anti-clockwise at least once.

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
Didn't catch last night. Tonight will be my first viewing of the TDF in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back