2016 TDF fred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a little, not a heap. He has one of most recognisable sprints in the peloton and its been seen plenty of times. One of most uninspiring commentary's to a sprint finish for quite a while.
and remember - he is past his best....apparently...and focusing on the Olympics....whilst winning stage 1 of le Tour

Once again a fairly nervous start to the tour from a few riders. I think the cross winds had everyone on edge. Interesting to see it was Contador himself that was responsible for binning it into the road furniture. Still enough time to recover before the mountains but not what you want to be doing on Stage 1.

For all the talk of OBE and the jersey clash, I actually found them easier to spot last night that I had done with the previous jersey and that was while on the trainer without glasses. The concern over the Movistar clash didn't seem to eventuate. One is a distinct straight line while the other is a much less obvious splash of green. The helmets certainly help though.

Was disappointed the commentary didn't just stay with Kennan and McEwan. Once again Liggett showed his obsession with the favourites and had his blinkers on, only really calling Cavendish as in with a shot after he raised his arms. Was shades of when Gerro won a few years back and Liggett had already handed the win to someone else.

Tonight will be interesting. I get the feeling based on Matthews body language so far, Gerro has been given the green light as the number one and will be OBE's option for tonight. Not sure this is the best move as I think Gerro has peaked and while still handy is not the best option for the win. Happy to be proven wrong though.

I'd like to see them travel anti-clockwise at least once.
Both the 2015 & 2016 tours have been/are being raced in an anti-clockwise direction.

The 2015 Tour started in the Netherlands, before going SW across the northern part of France. They then flew south to the Pyrenees, before riding east across the southern part of France, doing the Alps just before Paris.

In 2016 they have the Grand Depart in Normandy. They will then head south to the Pyrenees, via the Central Massif. Then, once again, it's east across the bottom of France, to Mont Ventoux and the Alps.

2014 was the last time they did a clockwise Tour. That one started in England, before following the WWI battlefields south to the Alps. Then they rode (and flew) west, doing the Pyrenees last, before returning to Paris.

As a general rule, if they do the Pyrenees first, it's anti-clockwise. If they do the Alps first, it's clockwise. The only exception is if/when they start in the south (e.g. 2009, when they started in Monaco).

Both the 2015 & 2016 tours have been/are being raced in an anti-clockwise direction.

The 2015 Tour started in the Netherlands, before going SW across the northern part of France. They then flew south to the Pyrenees, before riding east across the southern part of France, doing the Alps just before Paris.

In 2016 they have the Grand Depart in Normandy. They will then head south to the Pyrenees, via the Central Massif. Then, once again, it's east across the bottom of France, to Mont Ventoux and the Alps.

2014 was the last time they did a clockwise Tour. That one started in England, before following the WWI battlefields south to the Alps. Then they rode (and flew) west, doing the Pyrenees last, before returning to Paris.

As a general rule, if they do the Pyrenees first, it's anti-clockwise. If they do the Alps first, it's clockwise. The only exception is if/when they start in the south (e.g. 2009, when they started in Monaco).

Yeah I realised after I posted it.
Thanks for the info on the mountains bit though.

I notice the Tour isn't on Eurosport anymore

PROFIL.png

Few hills on tonight's stage, might be a chance for Gerrans

Finish in Cherbourg?

I can understand racing THROUGH Cherbourg,
I can understand starting in Cherbourg and racing AWAY as quickly as possible,
But racing TO Cherbourg?

Nope, not seeing the point in that.

Quite thread this year, Wonder why that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finish in Cherbourg?

I can understand racing THROUGH Cherbourg,
I can understand starting in Cherbourg and racing AWAY as quickly as possible,
But racing TO Cherbourg?

Nope, not seeing the point in that.
Might have a historical reference re WWI WWII

Phil & Paul going on about the cut off time. "Only 5-6%".

With 180km, at 40kph, that's a winning time around 270 min. So 5-6% is 13:30 - 16:12.

Given that the riders were going off the back of peleton, which was 5 min behind, that's 8-9 min they have to play with. Can't see them losing more than that in just 40km.

Really unlucky for Porte.

* yeah..great win Sagan..

Waited for someone to pass him just so he could slipstream..very smart..

* porte lost 1min45secs..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back