2016 TDF fred.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are peoples thoughts on the OBE situation today. Once again, Matthews solo going the sprint with Gerro seemingly about 10 places behind also going the sprint. It did seem Gerro had someone leading him out. Has Matthews been told to do his own thing while Gerro has team assistance? Is Matthews supposed to be leading Gerro out and Matthews not following instructions or is Gerro refusing to work for Matthews. Personally, i think they ****ed up badly racing them both in the same team.

What are peoples thoughts on the OBE situation today. Once again, Matthews solo going the sprint with Gerro seemingly about 10 places behind also going the sprint. It did seem Gerro had someone leading him out. Has Matthews been told to do his own thing while Gerro has team assistance? Is Matthews supposed to be leading Gerro out and Matthews not following instructions or is Gerro refusing to work for Matthews. Personally, i think they stuffed up badly racing them both in the same team.
Who would know mate. All you ever hear is that they'll pick the best option on the day. Didn't look like they had any plan today

What are peoples thoughts on the OBE situation today. Once again, Matthews solo going the sprint with Gerro seemingly about 10 places behind also going the sprint. It did seem Gerro had someone leading him out. Has Matthews been told to do his own thing while Gerro has team assistance? Is Matthews supposed to be leading Gerro out and Matthews not following instructions or is Gerro refusing to work for Matthews. Personally, i think they stuffed up badly racing them both in the same team.

Feels like a big division in the team. Given how much input team owners have in cycling i would feel Gerro is a favourite of Ryan's. Yet Matthews seems to be central to the team tactics and White always talks him up. One of them should of rode the Giro instead because neither can beat Sagan.

Sagan what a freak. 3rd by a bike length in a 70Kmh sprint yesterday and now wins up a 10% finish. Has gone to the next level this year.
He's an absolute beast, played it really well too coaxing the other bloke to have a crack, jumping on the wheel and then slingshot past him for the W.

Porte can come back if he changes his mentality. Everytime something like this happens he turns 1 bad day into 3-4 bad days and his race is finished. He needs to look at the Giro result, things can turn on their head in 1 day.

Most are tipping Kittel to mark his authority over the sprints but after last nights intermediate I dont think he's in great form. Stage 3 last 5 k's has a couple of roundabouts near the finish and big bend 350m to the line, it also goes up at 4% for the final 1Km. I think Greipel should be feeling pretty confident. Contador should just be hoping to not fall off after 2 crashes in 2 days.

stage-3-1km.png

Porte can come back if he changes his mentality. Everytime something like this happens he turns 1 bad day into 3-4 bad days and his race is finished. He needs to look at the Giro result, things can turn on their head in 1 day.
Hard to pull back 2 minutes against the quality of GC rider in this year's tour. No way he's getting 2 minutes back against Froome, Aru & Quintana.

Porte has just had really bad luck - and not for the first time. He also lost the Giro a couple of years ago, in similar circumstances. Contador only has himself to blame, having fallen off the bike twice in 2 days. It's only 2 stages in and the GC hopes of both riders are completely shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that was standard?
I can understand why they didn't all come back to help him. GVA was a genuine contender for the stage, and they still had TVG in the lead group (needing protection). But they could/should have had 1 rider who was dedicated to the task of being Porte's "bodyguard". When Porte had a flat, with 5km to go, he should have stopped immediately and given Porte his wheel - much the same as Simon Clarke did in last year's Giro (for which Porte was penalised 2 min).

They did send 1 rider back to support him on the climb, but it was far too little and far too late.

Richie might unlucky and yes, very surprising a team mate was not nearby to give a wheel. Wonder whether that would have been the same had it been Van Garderen....

Porte is no Nibali.

Bloody hell, now OBE have gone and changed helmets, the only thing I could tell them apart from others in longer distance footage. now their helmets look similar to 2 or 3 other teams. At least that bright green helmet stood out.

Officially now the hardest team to spot.

Also, not a fan of the new initials. It's an Australian team. We did away with the imperial honours system, so seeing the likes of Simon Gerrans OBE and Michael Matthews OBE is quite annoying.

Ave speed so far 34 kmh on a flat stage and i dont think Lotto bothered with the intermediate. Will be a full gas finish.

Not sure it was worth staying up for, but it did turn out to be the closest finish I can remember seeing.

Greipel thought he had won it, and I don't blame him for making the mistake. He led all the way, and was literally pipped on the line. Cavendish was never in front until the final 30cm of the race. Cav won by, quite literally, the width of his front tyre - without the rim.

Overall though, it was a really boring stage. Sagan thought they were going to stop and have a cup of coffee, to give the lone breakaway rider time to stay up the road. He wasn't too far off the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back