NFL 2016 - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Time to look at your teams run home and where you think they should finish.

Washington

Fri., 25 Nov.
Dallas Cowboys

Friday, 25 November, 8:00 am
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas

Mon., 5 Dec
Arizona Cardinals

Monday, 5 December, 7:55 am
University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale

Mon., 12 Dec.
Philadelphia Eagles
Monday, 12 December, 4:30 am
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

Tue., 20 Dec.
Carolina Panthers

Tuesday, 20 December, 12:00 pm
FedExField, Landover

Sun., 25 Dec. Xmas Day
Chicago Bears

Sunday, 25 December, 4:30 am
Soldier Field, Chicago

Mon., 2 Jan.
New York Giants

Monday, 2 January, 4:30 am
FedExField, Landover

Best 5-1
Worst 3-3
Best Finish 11-4-1
Worst 9-6-1

Loving the idea of waking up Xmas day at 4.30AM to watch a game. Might even catch Father Xmas when he drops off my present.

Just a quick look at NFC East
Dallas Cowboys
Best 5-1 14-2
Worst 2-4 11-5

New York Giants
Best 4-2 11-5
Worst 2-4 9-7

Philadelphia Eagles
Best 3-3 8-8
Worst 1-5 6-10

Denver Broncos

US Times

Week 12 vs. Kansas City - Sun, Nov 27, 8:30pm EST

Week 13 @ Jacksonville - Sun, Dec 4, 1:00pm EST

Week 14 @ Tennessee - Sun, Dec 11, 1:00pm EST

Week 15 vs. New England - Sun, Dec 18, 4:25pm EST

Week 16 @ Kansas City - Sun, Dec 25, 8:30pm EST

Week 17 vs. Oakland - Sun, Jan 1, 4:25pm EST

Best: 5-1
Worst: 2-4
Predicted: 4-2

Best finish: 12-4
Worst finish: 9-7
Predicted finish: 11-5

AFC West:

Oakland
Best: 5-2
Worst: 3-4
Predicted: 4-3

Worst finish: 10-6

Kansas City
Predicted: 3-3

Predicted finish: 10-6

San Diego
Don't care

Time to look at your teams run home and where you think they should finish.

Washington

Just a quick look at NFC East
Dallas Cowboys
Best 5-1 14-2
Worst 2-4 11-5

New York Giants
Best 4-2 11-5
Worst 2-4 9-7

Philadelphia Eagles
Best 3-3 8-8
Worst 1-5 6-10

Injuries can dramatically derail any team. Look at the fall of the Vikings and packers since they've started copping injuries. So fingers crossed no injuries.

Also, if you go back to this time last year, the redskins were seen as low chance to qualify, but eagles and giants both fell into super sized holes.

However, I think looking at nfc as a whole, Seattle should win their division. Arizona incredibly disappointing. Lions to win their division, written off Vikings, but whoever comes second could push for wildcard. Falcons to win their division, Tampa hard to pick, but could challenge. Saints and panthers need everything to go right. Dallas seem as secure a bet as Seattle to win their division. Both Giants and redskins hold the wild cards atm but the division's closeness could damage each other. Also, at this stage, all redskin opponents apart from bears are still in with chance of playoffs, hence there appears only one easy game.

In summary, redskins well placed for wild card, but hard to see division winner.

However, I think looking at nfc as a whole, Seattle should win their division. Arizona incredibly disappointing. Lions to win their division, written off Vikings, but whoever comes second could push for wildcard. Falcons to win their division, Tampa hard to pick, but could challenge. Saints and panthers need everything to go right. Dallas seem as secure a bet as Seattle to win their division. Both Giants and redskins hold the wild cards atm but the division's closeness could damage each other. Also, at this stage, all redskin opponents apart from bears are still in with chance of playoffs, hence there appears only one easy game.
Great point. Its what I fear the most. All sides in the East are always looking over their shoulder or ahead , which can be the making of a good side or it can crumble them. Hopefully its the former.

Denver Broncos

US Times

Week 12 vs. Kansas City - Sun, Nov 27, 8:30pm EST

Week 13 @ Jacksonville - Sun, Dec 4, 1:00pm EST

Week 14 @ Tennessee - Sun, Dec 11, 1:00pm EST

Week 15 vs. New England - Sun, Dec 18, 4:25pm EST

Week 16 @ Kansas City - Sun, Dec 25, 8:30pm EST

Week 17 vs. Oakland - Sun, Jan 1, 4:25pm EST

Predicted: 4-2

AFC West:

Oakland
Best: 5-2
Worst: 3-4
Predicted: 4-3

Worst finish: 10-6

Kansas City
Predicted: 3-3

Predicted finish: 10-6

San Diego
Don't care
I don't mind this. I think the Broncos only trouble will be if they split the KC games. win both and yes 4-2. Drop one and its 3-3. Oakland have already beaten Broncos? So they would have top seed in a tie-break? Is that correct?

Baltimore Ravens

Sun November 27 1:00PM ET Cincinnati Bengals
Sun December 4 1:00PM ET Dolphins
Mon December 12 8:30PM ET @ New England Patriots
Sun December 18 1:00PM ET Philadelphia Eagles
Sun December 25 4:30PM ET @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Sun January 1 1:00PM ET @ Cincinnati Bengals

Likely results from that run of games is either 2-4 or 3-3 (the win-able games being the 3 home games) which would give a final season tally of 7-9 or 8-8. That would be where I had them at the start of the season and a true representation of the team's ability at this point imo

I think the Steelers will go 3-3 at a minimum (4-2 is far more likely imo) so the Ravens would need to win all the home games to have a chance at winning the division.

Cincinnati (especially now without AJ Green) and Cleveland are inconsequential regarding the run home

I don't mind this. I think the Broncos only trouble will be if they split the KC games. win both and yes 4-2. Drop one and its 3-3. Oakland have already beaten Broncos? So they would have top seed in a tie-break? Is that correct?
Broncos will split with KC. Beat Oakland, Jax and Tennessee. Lose to NE

= 4-2

DETROIT LIONS

Lions tricky finish to get that wildcard spot.

Vikings-H
Saints-A
Bears-H
Giants-A
Cowboys-A
Packers-H

Worst result from remaining: 1W 5L
Best likely result: 4W 2L
Likely result: 3W 3L (IMO)

Last edited:
Jags

@ Buf
V Den
V Min
@ Hou
V Ten
@ Ind

Best result: 4-2 (6-10)
Worst result: 0-6 (2-14)
Predicted result: 1-5 (3-13)

I'm sure we'll find away to win ourselves out of a top 5 pick some how

Jags

@ Buf
V Den
V Min
@ Hou
V Ten
@ Ind

Best result: 4-2 (6-10)
Worst result: 0-6 (2-14)
Predicted result: 1-5 (3-13)

I'm sure we'll find away to win ourselves out of a top 5 pick some how
I'm picking a shock win over the Vikings and possibly a win in the last game against the Colts which should be a junk round for both teams.

Baltimore Ravens

Sun November 27 1:00PM ET Cincinnati Bengals
Sun December 4 1:00PM ET Dolphins
Mon December 12 8:30PM ET @ New England Patriots
Sun December 18 1:00PM ET Philadelphia Eagles
Sun December 25 4:30PM ET @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Sun January 1 1:00PM ET @ Cincinnati Bengals

Likely results from that run of games is either 2-4 or 3-3 (the win-able games being the 3 home games) which would give a final season tally of 7-9 or 8-8. That would be where I had them at the start of the season and a true representation of the team's ability at this point imo

I think the Steelers will go 3-3 at a minimum (4-2 is far more likely imo) so the Ravens would need to win all the home games to have a chance at winning the division.

Cincinnati (especially now without AJ Green) and Cleveland are inconsequential regarding the run home

You gotta be hoping for 4-2. Every home game is winnable, really dolphins hardest. And if the bengals are out of it by the final week, surely that's winnable too. Beat Pittsburgh and you could go 5-1. Your defense is good, Joe flacco is serious heart attack material.

Look at the afc as a whole, Patriots looking good for division, Ravens and steelers to fight out their division, Texans almost by default in their division, and Broncos and raiders to fight out the west, with the loser looking good for a wildcard. The other wildcard is likely to be a fight between Dolphins (really improved, good run home), and the chiefs, but given Chiefs lost at home to the bucs, I don't have faith in them. Bills, colts and the loser of Ravens/steelers would need to really improve to threaten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back