Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory
Fyfe should be captain next year.

This year was the turning point from the Lyon/Pav era to the Lyon/Fyfe era - we need a young leader to lead this team with his drive, determination and ability to win games just about by himself. Fyfe is the man to drive the team forward from this year's low, as Pav was the man when Lyon took over (and previously).

Fyfe spent a bit of time in the coaches' box this year. That experience will prove invaluable when leading the team next year.

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
And now for the really important Q - did security manage to get the ball that Pav kicked for his 700th. Did not come back after it was kicked into the upper level and saw security looking around for some time after.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
And now for the really important Q - did security manage to get the ball that Pav kicked for his 700th. Did not come back after it was kicked into the upper level and saw security looking around for some time after.
Don't think so. Someone got a great souvenir.

manpurple

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
People in our block had friends in the same block as it landed in. Said some guy grabbed it an bolted.
How would they authenticate it, though!
I'm sure whomever has it does not care.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Season Review – Part One

RTB: So this annus horribilis season is finally over. It’s feedback time...

RTB: Danyle, 458 metres gained per game this year. Belly tells me that’s elite. I’ve locked you in for all 22 games next year.
Danyle: But what about Brad Hill?
RTB: Well we all know Stephen’s the best of you three, so we thought it’d make sense to for him to be the one to play out of position again next season. You know, like we’ve done with Micky for a while now?
Danyle: Fair enough. Anything that I need to work on?
RTB: Nup, not that I can think of.
Ballas: *cough* kicking inside 50 *cough*
RTB: Sorry Hayden, did you say something?
Ballas: No. <under breath>why the f**k did you give that tw*t 2 more years and not me?</under breath>

RTB: David, not exactly a great year for you. We were originally thinking having an uninterrupted pre-season was the key thing but we’ve had some feedback from the experts.
Mundy: Great! Always keen to improve myself.
RTB: Well the most important thing is running back to the huddle after the coin toss.
Mundy: Geez ok, I didn’t realise. It’s gonna take some practice but I’ll work on it over the pre-season. Anything else?
RTB: Yeah a bunch of other personality things you did annoyed people but let’s start with that big one first.
Mundy: Ok. But will I be Captain again next year?
RTB: My money’s on Nathan but then again I had a 20 on him last year also, so who knows?
Mundy: *sigh* <head slumps>

RTB: Lachie, biggest year so far. Record breaking disposal numbers, first Doig certainty, and re-signed with us thankfully. All Australian selectors trying to bring you down but we all know how ‘brilliant’ they are.
Neale: Thanks. I’m feeling good about the future.
RTB: <under breath>con job successful</under breath>

RTB: Micky, won us a couple of games and towelled up some of the opposition’s key mids but overall disappointed you didn’t do more when played on a forward flank earlier in the season.
Micky: Sorry Ross, I’ll try and do better I promise.
RTB: Well not wrecking your shoulder in round 17 would have been helpful in us being semi-competitive for the remainder of the season.
Micky: So are you saying I’m still at Freo and B22 next season Ross?
RTB: Ha ha ha ha ha… <pause>… ha ha ha! Probably not but either way we'll make you feel underappreciated.

RTB: Yaz, great first season. Kicked some goals, which was a new thing for us. You've definitely become my favourite Shane.
Yarran: Thanks. I know, went a little crazy kicking some goals. I know it’s all about defensive pressure, so will be working on that from now until the start of next season.
RTB: Good work Shane. Look forward to seeing tackles up and goals done in 2017.

To be continued…

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Season Review – Part One

RTB: So this annus horribilis season is finally over. It’s feedback time...

RTB: Danyle, 458 metres gained per game this year. Belly tells me that’s elite. I’ve locked you in for all 22 games next year.
Danyle: But what about Brad Hill?
RTB: Well we all know Stephen’s the best of you three, so we thought it’d make sense to for him to be the one to play out of position again next season. You know, like we’ve done with Micky for a while now?
Danyle: Fair enough. Anything that I need to work on?
RTB: Nup, not that I can think of.
Ballas: *cough* kicking inside 50 *cough*
RTB: Sorry Hayden, did you say something?
Ballas: No. <under breath>why the f**k did you give that tw*t 2 more years and not me?</under breath>
Someone needs to make a comic strip of this, top work.

jonesy233

Debutant
May 24, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe should be captain next year.

This year was the turning point from the Lyon/Pav era to the Lyon/Fyfe era - we need a young leader to lead this team with his drive, determination and ability to win games just about by himself. Fyfe is the man to drive the team forward from this year's low, as Pav was the man when Lyon took over (and previously).

Fyfe spent a bit of time in the coaches' box this year. That experience will prove invaluable when leading the team next year.

I think Fyfe will have his time to lead and will be brilliant at it. However, I'd stick with Mundy for now as he is very experienced and would have learnt a lot from being captain through what was a tough year. Young leaders are all well and good but in most workplaces you go for experienced high achievers. I would also not want to burden Fyfey with a captaincy position during his reign as one of the AFL's best players; as I fear it could detract from his performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back