List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time someone proposes Longer as a trade Moorabbin Ghost stresses that the club sees him as their number 1 ruck in the future.
I don't see him going anywhere, especially as our current backups of Pierce and Holmes aren't exactly viable right now.
The conundrum is how to keep both Longer and Hickey satisfied if we don't play both.

Every time someone proposes Longer as a trade Moorabbin Ghost stresses that the club sees him as their number 1 ruck in the future.
I don't see him going anywhere, especially as our current backups of Pierce and Holmes aren't exactly viable right now.
The conundrum is how to keep both Longer and Hickey satisfied if we don't play both.

I think this is spot on.
We are actually fortunate by the fact Longer was injured this year and Hickey got a full run at it injury free.
It meant we didn't have Longer (or Hickey for that matter) smashing it in the 2s and creating a lot more pressure from other clubs for a trade. Should both be fully fit next year and battle out the no1 ruck spot, it could be perfect timing to trade 1 (it may be the player wanting out don't forget) for a first round pick in what is reportedly a super draft. Good timing IMO.

But if richo finds a way to use both or they are both injured for different parts of the year and take each other's spots from time to time, then we keep both. We can't lose.. :)

There are kids that look promising on our list, and some of them may still surprise, and may be already part way into that 3 year Journey.
Sinclair - If he gets his form back shows plenty of promise ( he is not a small forward ).
O'Kearney may well get a run next season, and may be set to surprise a few.
McKenzie -OK he's in the bottom 6 now ,but he's a 20yo with 15 games. Don't write him off from our best 22 just yet.

I see snippets of McKenzies game that are very appealing. He has a turn of foot and can break the lines which is.so important with the press opposition sides put on. Athletically gifted which adds to our mix of clearance players. Strong overhead, tough and courageous etc..
Woyld love to see if he could push into the middle, otherwise I'm comfortable with him on a wing. He will only improve.

From his draft profile:
He also finished second in the agility run (8.10 sec), third in running vertical jump (94cm), fourth in repeat sprint (24.02 sec) and equal-sixth the 3km time trial (10:07) at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

I have a feeling we still might make another play for Longer, considering we like to play 2 rucks. It doesn't seem Big Boy has much improvement left and a Longer & Pittonet combination would be ideal in the future. Would a second round pick and Hartung get the deal done?
Cough up your first round pick you campaigner..

I think this is spot on.
We are actually fortunate by the fact Longer was injured this year and Hickey got a full run at it injury free.
It meant we didn't have Longer (or Hickey for that matter) smashing it in the 2s and creating a lot more pressure from other clubs for a trade. Should both be fully fit next year and battle out the no1 ruck spot, it could be perfect timing to trade 1 (it may be the player wanting out don't forget) for a first round pick in what is reportedly a super draft. Good timing IMO.

But if richo finds a way to use both or they are both injured for different parts of the year and take each other's spots from time to time, then we keep both. We can't lose.. :)

Generally agree, but obviously if someone was to offer a first rounder for Longer this year, we'd have to take it. He's stagnated this year because he wasn't getting a game, and it's impossible to see how both of them get out on the park together. One more year of him in the 2s could make it hard to get anything for him.

I see snippets of McKenzies game that are very appealing. He has a turn of foot and can break the lines which is.so important with the press opposition sides put on. Athletically gifted which adds to our mix of clearance players. Strong overhead, tough and courageous etc..
Woyld love to see if he could push into the middle, otherwise I'm comfortable with him on a wing. He will only improve.

From his draft profile:
He also finished second in the agility run (8.10 sec), third in running vertical jump (94cm), fourth in repeat sprint (24.02 sec) and equal-sixth the 3km time trial (10:07) at NAB AFL Draft Combine.
Love him too.

Really hoping he can turn out to be an Isaac Smith type. He just needs more confidence; so he can back his pace and ability. He's got all the attributes.

I honestly have no doubts he's going to be best 22.

Considering all of Gold Coast's injury issues maybe they'd be interested in Gilbert? I know everyone on here hates the idea of trading any players who are currently getting a game but consider where Gilbert plays; wing or halfback usually. Next year in the mix for our back 6 we probably have; Carlisle, Dempster, Roberton, Geary, Webster, Savage, McKenzie, Goddard, White, Rice, Coughlan, Lee, Delaney and Payne. I'm assuming Fisher will retire in this scenario.

Payne, Rice and Coughlan don't look like getting regular gigs yet and haven't debuted. Brandon White has been very close to debuting and by all accounts is pretty highly rated at the club. I'd expect him to be somewhat like DMac this year; 6-8 games depending on injuries etc. Goddard most likely won't be in contention for playing any football until the second half of the year, hard to tell at this stage but achilles injuries can be real pricks. That leaves Carlisle, Dempster, Roberton, Geary, Webster, Savage and McKenzie as the candidates for our regular back 6. Lee, Delaney and White will most likely be depth for various reason; Lee obviously not rated overly highly at the club with question marks over tackling/pressure maybe, Delaney just an average player really with good defence but not great kicking or speed/athleticism and White will still be building and learning so will be back in the cue. We will have 4 players as depth without counting Gilbert.

I think Gilbert is one we can afford to trade in terms of our back 6 and is one the Gold Coast may be interested in; he's a mature player without being old, he has some speed and can shut a player down, he's from up north and lived on the Gold Coast as a kid so would adjust easily. The fact Gold Coast have so many picks this year means they can really afford to trade in a good mature aged player in the wake of injuries and still have a great crack at the draft. I think it could be a win-win like the McEvoy trade. No doubt Gilbo is a great clubman but McEvoy was pretty highly rated too, we would easily adjust.

Dmac was a great pick. Obviously different kettle of fish to Fisher, but I'm all about reliability, poise and decision making, and primo Chips was so bankable to do his job and then some.

Hopefully White can also push his way in, so those two can just daisy cutter peg it to each other from each side of the ground.

I got some bad news guys.

(Plz don't hate me)

But unfortunately for the mega-thread, we now have a 10,000 post limit on all threads. I will be closing this one shortly and moving recent posts to a new thread.

I will perhaps allow a few minutes to let us all to go through the seven stages and reminisce the good times.

(Plz don't hate me)

But unfortunately for the mega-thread, we now have a 10,000 post limit on all threads. I will be closing this one shortly and moving recent posts to a new thread.

I will perhaps allow a few minutes to let us all to go through the seven stages and reminisce the good times.
download.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Plz don't hate me)

i demand a refund

(Plz don't hate me)

If i had a banana, i would throw it !

(Plz don't hate me)

Can I ask what is behind the 10,000 post limit?

(Plz don't hate me)

You're dead to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back