List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/116934/Xavier-RICHARDS

He seems to have flicked between serviceable and solid for the last few years playing in the backline in the NEAFL, with a few quiet games and a few very good games in between.

He was switched to the forward line mid season and really came on, kicking multiple goals 6 weeks in a row in the NEAFL before stepping up to AFL and again kicking multiple goals most weeks. He's played every game since round 18 (the first time he's played back-to-back games in the AFL), but has only been rated 5/10 or 6/10 by SEN in those games.

All in all, it sounds like he's serviceable in the backline but he's definitely played his best and most consistent footy in the forward line, without really dominating any games at AFL level. I think he'd be depth at best at St Kilda. Would you request a trade if you're getting games at one of the premiership favourites to be depth at a club not yet playing finals?

http://smjfl.com.au/ex-smjfl-afl-rookies-xavier-richards-jack-frost/
From 2012
Xavier Richards played as an over-age Dragon in 2012 and O’Connor said the athletic key-position player used the year to rebound from his 2011 draft day disappointment.

“I think (AFL) clubs saw that he had to work a little bit more on some game sense and decision-making type of things,” O’Connor said. “He was obviously disappointed, but he really knuckled down to the task of what he needed to do.

“His form did fluctuate a little bit over the course of the year, but some of his football was absolutely elite.”

O’Connor said Xavier, like brother Ted, would probably take time to develop at AFL level but had the versatility to switch between defence and the forward line, which would hold him in good stead.

“I’d say he (Xavier) is probably a little bit more athletic than Ted,” O’Connor said.

He’s probably not a dour defender. He likes to get the ball and run and create a little bit.

“He’s a very exciting athlete for his height (195cm).”
From his profile on Sydney's own website: "Very much in the mould of his older brother, Richards is a dour defender with few frills but is reliable close to goal."

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/xavier-richards :p

View attachment 282923

I just popped over to the Swans board to check Xavier Richard's contract status it was just updated and says he's OOC this year. He'd be a handy get I reckon. Should be cheap, plays FB but can swing forward, plus we have a good trading relationship with the Swans so if they're open to it it should be a quick and easy transaction.
And guess where his Dad's chiro building is. Perry st Moorabbin straight off Linton St. We are certain to get him then.

No apparently being found guilty of avoiding a drug test (whether it's a test for illicit drugs or performance enhancing) is equivalent of failing a performance enhancing test.

With 2-4 year mandatory bans.
He's in a lot of trouble

Avoiding an AFL dug test isn't a 2 year ban. ASADA weren't testing him. He didn't tell anyone because he had illicit drugs but if ASADA weren't testing and they weren't then they wont care apart from being pissed off he wasn't at the address he said. Even then they probably wont care as there was no test going to take place. If they were planning to test him he would be in trouble. At worst its a illicit drugs strike.

I think we need to play Longer next year with the view to upping his value and trading into what is supposed to be a great draft. He needs at least 10 games to prove up his value. I don't know how that happens though...I guess that's the problem. I have no doubt he's worth a top 15 pick and somehow we need to cash him in. So maybe Hickey only gets a dozen games as 1st ruck and a few in the fwd line. That gives Longer 10 games as number 1 ruck.
Yeah lets maybe miss a top 8 or top 4 spot because we are not playing the best ruck to up 1 players trade value maybe:drunk:

If a club wants Longer they will know what we want for him. Everyone knows longer was elite in hit outs last year and had injuries this year.
If he improves his around the ground/forward craft in the VFL list managers will notice.

Yeah lets maybe miss a top 8 or top 4 spot because we are not playing the best ruck to up 1 players trade value maybe:drunk:

If a club wants Longer they will know what we want for him. Everyone knows longer was elite in hit outs last year and had injuries this year.
If he improves his around the ground/forward craft in the VFL list managers will notice.

I think he will be hoping he is better than the VFL.

Just made this Acres gif, cheers

giphy.gif

Avoiding an AFL dug test isn't a 2 year ban. ASADA weren't testing him. He didn't tell anyone because he had illicit drugs but if ASADA weren't testing and they weren't then they wont care apart from being pissed off he wasn't at the address he said. Even then they probably wont care as there was no test going to take place. If they were planning to test him he would be in trouble. At worst its a illicit drugs strike.

It will all depend on the wording of the offence i presume.

If it's an offence to 'seek to avoid a test' (or something like that) , rather than 'avoid a test', he's gone.

It will all depend on the wording of the offence i presume.

If it's an offence to 'seek to avoid a test' (or something like that) , rather than 'avoid a test', he's gone.

Richard Ings says its a none issue and the people in the most trouble will be the guys who hid him. The AFL will punish them. It all started because an ex dobbed him in for hiding after having a big night. There wasn't even an AFL test planned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 282944

But this says he hasn't re-signed :(
If we're after a 3rd tall defender, lets go for Alex Johnson..... He's an absolute gun when fit

Now, you see what i did there..... Swap '3rd tall defender' for 'midfielder' & then swap Alex Johnson's name for Jaeger O'Meara & it still sounds just as ridiculous IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back