List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Laverde, don't believe everything you hear on the radio. Remember the mass exit? Remember when Hurley was going to the Saints, then the Dogs and then Colligwod, then he signed. Laverde isn't going anywhere. So you might need to find a new half forward.

Yeah some may be getting in a bit early, but we have plenty on that "int from" list

Pittard is an upgrade on any of our rebounding defenders, was in the AA Squad this year. We just don't have a real need for any however, and he'd come at a cost.
AA Squad & team is absurd this year. No small defender picked at all, Enright got a starting 18 gig FFS & Joel Selwood picked as captain yet didn't have a better year than any of the following - Bont, Treloar, Steven, Parker, Ward, Coniglio, Neale

AA is a joke

PSD we will pick him up again.
Pretty sure the PSD works because players put a price tag on their head. If he's got a $400k 3yr deal on the table from us & agrees to leave via PSD, where are you guys suddenly going to find a PSD pick if you've already used it on O'Meara & find the extra cash to match our contract?

What would you guys trade for Laverde? Seriously, what do you think he's worth?
A pick in the 15-20 range. Don't think he's really increased or decreased his value from the spot he was taken at in the draft. Given that you guys have pick 1 in the PSD I dare say Dodo will demand pick 10, so hopefully if he does want to come to us we trade that pick to GWS quick-sticks for Steele and something else!

Yep, if they had the cap space to pay him $400K PA via the PSD then surely he'd have re-signed by now, unless it's all dependent on what happens with JOM, which is surely what all this is dependent on.

If they have the money for JOM and he chooses another club then Essendon will be able to up their offer to Laverde and he prolly stays.

Be good if this Laverde talk was Ameet getting his own back on Dildo. Jack the bloke's price up and watch Essendon squirm. Money must be getting tight down there. They are either forced to pay him more, or let him go for a reasonable trade. Or an unreasonable trade for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pick in the 15-20 range. Don't think he's really increased or decreased his value from the spot he was taken at in the draft. Given that you guys have pick 1 in the PSD I dare say Dodo will demand pick 10, so hopefully if he does want to come to us we trade that pick to GWS quick-sticks for Steele and something else!

I'd be gutted to lose him for pick 15-20. Having said that, 400k per year seems very steep at this stage of his career.

What's Carlisle on? 550k x 5?

Emailed the club this thread, waiting on a response.
Unbelievable, they replied!

It reads:

Dear Joopy, ya ******* legend.
We'd like to confirm that everything BrianSpeaking says regarding classified information about the club is entirely factual. Especially the stuff he doesn't say.
We will announce our trade proposal for Jack Steele soon as we aim for the 2018 premiership with at least a 27.27% Jack name base.
We apologise for the family man Barrels leaving the site, but his best 22 analysis is better used in the war room at Seaford.
We thank you for the BigFooty thread as we had not taken into account trading every pick for multiple players involving 5+ clubs. We will strive to improve on this. Especially by trading Billy Longer, or Tom Hickey, no wait Billy Longer, actually Tom Hickey...
Send our regards to GJD23 for counting our memberships this year, we would've thanked him personally, but his bus left early, actually cancel that, think he just called in.
Any additional information you require can be found on Matt Finnis' phone via Perse.
Go Saints.
Best regards, ya peanut.
J.Cunningham.
P.S did you know Pittard made the AA squad?

***this is a potentially 100% true email.

The more I think about it, the more I'm keen on aussierulesrules suggestion to trade both 2016 & 2017 1st round picks & 2016 3rd round pick to GWS for 2016 picks 7 & 17 + Jack Steele

Then, we can be a campaigner & bid on Setterfield & Perryman at pick 7 & then take McGrath or Scrimshaw with the pick

Then we can be a campaigner & bid on Sproule & Macreadie at pick 17, then take Simpkin, Villis, Florent or Galluci with the pick

I'd be gutted to lose him for pick 15-20. Having said that, 400k per year seems very steep at this stage of his career.

What's Carlisle on? 550k x 5?
Yeah that's about what we're meant to be paying Carlisle now that the $50K PA marketing allowance has been taken off him. Although we haven't paid him since he was suspended, so that freed up a bit more cap space.

According to Emma Quayle's book about that draft, we rated Jayden at 5 or 6, so it seems pretty clear that we really rate him, hence this offer, if true (which is indeed very steep for someone like him, who has shown a bit but not a heap).

What's his deal, has he played any midfield time at either AFL or VFL level, or does he look like he's only going to be suited to the forward line and perhaps wing or HBF?

Be good if this Laverde talk was Ameet getting his own back on Dildo. Jack the bloke's price up and watch Essendon squirm. Money must be getting tight down there. They are either forced to pay him more, or let him go for a reasonable trade. Or an unreasonable trade for that matter.

Chess game. We talk to their players managers so they have to pay them too much ( ie Laverde and Shirly oops Hurley ) then they don't have a warchest for anyone else.

But I thought they were all fine with their payments because aren't all the banned players suing the club in order to get a 'payout for damages' (ie: get a lump sum payment outside the cap)

Laverde hasn't done much to improve the asking price beyond where he was drafted. So I think it's fair to say he would be worth more to you than what you'd get in trade.

Or straight swap for Longer.

I don't believe for a second he will leave Essendon though. But this is a clever jacking up of his salary.

Yeah, it definitely is a smart way to make our cap tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back