Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Hey all, first post here.
Didn't Richo say that most of our improvement will come from within? I don't don't think this trade period will be as big as we think it's going to be (Hope I'm wrong) It's all smoke and mirrors at the moment.
In my opinion the only players I would be keen to lose pick 10 on are Tom Mitchell and dusty Martin but I can't see Richmond letting him go. I think we all agree we need a contested ball winner, around 190cm would be the ****. Don't think we need to pay overs for one though either, there would be a few in the draft, and we've seen a few come into other clubs and have an immediate impact. I'm not too fussed on getting another key defender until next year although I believe Gardiner would be a good fit. Can always give Fisher another year and Gilbert can still float in and out. Interested to see the difference Carlisle makes. Plus when Goddard comes good he will offer a huge amount.
We definitely have to do some moving around to get a second round selection and I trust Bainsy will get it right again this year. I can't fault his and his teams work ever since we set out a plan.
Go saints

Love your user handle and welcome - good first post! :thumbsu::)

Brayshaw will be a beast. He's flown under the radar a bit lately after a injury riddled season. But he's a stud. Will be a better overall player long term (more consistent, think Lenny) than the player he was drafted behind.

Brayshaw is a jet but he is having more concussion problems than Paddy.

Hope for everyone's sake its a thing of the past for the both of them from next year and beyond.

Reckon Tom Lamb is worth a crack, OOC so could probably get him dirt cheap or even for free as a DFA. Has the talent to be a very good player and another cheap pick up that turns out great like Weller, Membrey, Roberton, Bruce, etc. Seems like he's had attitude problems going back to juniors and been homesick over in WA, perhaps getting him back to Victoria will bring the best out of him especially at a club he has family connections with. Would rather him on the list than a Murdoch or a Shenton anyway, and if he doesn't make it then it didn't cost us anything.

Pretty much a free swing at a boom/bust type.

It's amazing you think that there isn't a poster on this board who isn't close enough to know. You must also think that football players aren't human and they have no interest in what their supposed supporters think of them. I reckon their would be a handful of AFL players who have big footy accounts

No idea what half that has to do with what I said. From my experience players only give that information to family and close friends. Doubt there is anyone on here close enough to a group of players. Yes one player could have said a group weren't happy but why is that true. That player most likely isn't playing so he is probably possess off enough to say it was a group. So there you go that's my 22 years experience on this matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy with Wright being in the side at the moment. But I wouldn't want him playing in a GF in a couple of years time..
The main reason he's in the side is to do a job and that's provide a hard nosed attack on the footy and pressure on the oppo.
The coaches obviously know what theyre gonna get from Wrighty week in week out. He may not get a lot of it or use it that well. But he's consistent in what he does do!
You can't say the same about Lonie and Sinclair this year who both had some very up and down performances..
I have no doubt that next year by the end of the season they'll have forced their way back in ahead of Wright, because they have so much more potential..

If you read Richo's performance review of Blake you'll see he wants his players to be consistent, which is why he dropped Blake multiple times when we were all questioning why.. But as Richo said, it made Blake work harder and in turn made him the most consistent player in the last 6 games or so.
I have no doubt this is also what he's trying to do with Sincs and Lonie.

For now Wright stays until someone forces him out.. Which shouldn't be too far away down the track next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back