List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Inner Sanctum Thread. Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not having a crack, just wondering whether their was any substance to it. Would love the bloke at our club to be honest, would be a much better pick up than Rockliff for where we are at. I find it strange that we weren't linked to either him or Prestia.
;)

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
The Giants will plateau out & come back to the pack in about 15 years.....but by then they'll have 10 premiership cups in their cabinet.

If that happens Glen the AFL is stuffed. Nobody will be watching, media rights will plummet and kids will lose interest and will be playing other sports.

The current trading structure probably gives GWS 5-7 years of being able to trade into multiple first round picks. That is too long. The AFL will have to rectify this problem sooner rather than later. Otherwise concessions are just duplicated via the trading period from one year to the next.

Not having a crack, just wondering whether their was any substance to it. Would love the bloke at our club to be honest, would be a much better pick up than Rockliff for where we are at. I find it strange that we weren't linked to either him or Prestia.
This. We should be aiming to sign both of them. Perfect fits. If we don't get at least 1 we have failed this off season imo

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
Totally agree with those saying the sooner the GWS farce comes to a head the better. In an ideal world they would win today by 100, win next week by 100, get 4 top 20 picks and then win the first 10 games next year by 100.

By the end of the year the academy would be gone, they would have the same salary cap and list size as everyone else and free agency will be reduced to 6 years.

The media pressure will build and people will point out that leagues like the NFL/NRL where all teams have the same salary cap are much more interesting in terms of different teams winning.

Saint believer

Team Captain
Aug 28, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont have a particular name to share of who the target(s) may be and after the backlash i copped during the week i wont share the names of the guys who this affects for obvious reasons.
However I am aware of phone calls made to certain players in the last 72 hours advising them to ignore particular media commentary - however to be prepared for an active October and to go away over the next 10 or so days and freshen up mentally as they might possibly have to make a tough decision. I do believe with the information i was given that there is still a big fish or two out their for us. It will be dependent on a variety of factors. But i would be confident based on what i was told to expect something exciting.

I have alot of private conversations with people who have info or know more about this then me on this board and other places. What i can say is that this year, the club has really locked down names. Carlisle was very easy to extract last year, as was Shiel. However this year it is very "Need to Know Information" and i dont think it will break until 24 hours before the trade might break.

Mentioned by a few, i was told to expect Hartlett to become a Crow if he was to leave - Didn't think he was much of a chance at the saints, Happy in SA.
Rockliff - Good Chance, dependent however on Coach and direction of the club etc.
Dusty - i wouldn't think its possible, however if he hasn't re-signed then i KNOW we will be all over him.

Also, $$$$ is not a problem. We have clubs very envious of our Cap situation. If the right player comes along, then the money is available.

I want Fyfe! I want Fyfe!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
I don't get why all the hate for ITK's, .If anyone has been involved in negotiations/trading you'll know that concrete news changes in the space of mins/hours depending on circumstances.

Enjoy the news and be happy that our club is having these conversations with players/agents.

The AFL are going to have to be really careful, because if they start winning flags yet at the same time have multiple first round DP's every year it will quickly become a farce of a comp.

The GWS are getting crucified by the umps. I reckon the AFL has put the call in to manufacture a victorian team through, the reality of having s**t ratings might have made them jumpy.

AaronSCHQ

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I believe the Mitchell talk came from a Carlton supporter. He had seen on other boards, from ITKs, that Hawks were going to have issues satisfying both Swans and GC in trades. Subsequently, we have been speaking with him.

Plumber66

Club Legend
May 31, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I believe the Mitchell talk came from a Carlton supporter. He had seen on other boards, from ITKs, that Hawks were going to have issues satisfying both Swans and GC in trades. Subsequently, we have been speaking with him.
The hawks ability to land both has been in the media. They would have to give up some quality hence Breust has been mentioned.

Jom us a massive roll of the dice for them, so common sense says they'd secure Mitchell. Which would make life awkward for jom

Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon if the dogs lose tonight they will come close to offering their first for a ruckman

Boyd is looking tired now Roughead is out.

Wouldn't be beyond the realms for billy to get us a first.

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon if the dogs lose tonight they will come close to offering their first for a ruckman

Boyd is looking tired now Roughead is out.

Wouldn't be beyond the realms for billy to get us a first.

I dunno, I reckon they will look at spending it on a gun forward. Tom Boyd has put his hand up and said he's a ruckman now rather than a forward so they need to fill that void.

This pre season we need to lock Acres into a room/gym and brainwash him with images/videos of Kennedy, Bont and Fyfe! Has all the tools just needs to put on size and smash people with that body of his!

I reckon he will be taken about like that in few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back