List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they aren't , they are happy to take people of any race or nationality that are stupid enough to kill themselves for the cause.

I can't decide whether to put a like on your post or not.

I have just finished listening to it...an absolutely fascinating and interesting podcast.
Particularly interesting were Trout's comments (near the end) about Paddy, JB and Acres and the patience that is needed. Blake hadn't had a full season since he was 17.

You can't help but have confidence in the team when you hear Trout talk. Good things happening down in Saintsland!
Some notes from the podcast:

We put it to Hawthorn that we might be able to do a deal.
We try to keep an open mind and see opportunities as they arise.
Players are looking for opportunity too.
We are taking a long term point of view.
Steele and Stevens are both "tough nuts".
We are hoping a player "in the teens drifts into the twenties".
Speed and kicking are parts of the package we're looking for.
Trout had McCluggage, Ainsworth and McGrath top 3 not necessarily in that order.
He was impressed with Florent and Logue's combine efforts.
Holmes will go on our list.
We've still got Joe Baker-Thomas as a category B rookie and Barclay Miller who'll play TAC Cup next year as an overager.

.... and we'll probably get another young player with pick 10 in the rookie draft

Last edited:

We need to delist all 5 to use 61.

Unless we decide to go with one less rookie to increase our Senior List size from 39 to 40 in which case we only need to delist 4 of the 5.
If we are going to keep Fisher that would make sense as he can ten play any game rather than having to be promoted.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/road-to-the-draft

Trout is very circumspect and respectful. Basically he doesn't often give much a way.

A couple of bits on topic:

Basically said we would use 3 picks, ie use 61 as a live pick.

Mentioned that when he first saw Blake he thought wow, Chris Judd. Reverted to playing a straight bat after that, but could hear in his voice some excitement.

AFAIK we have 42 "Senior Listed" Players.

The uncontracted five (Shenton, Fisher, Templeton, Murdoch, Lee)
The new boys (Brown, Stevens, Steele)
The Promoted Rookie (Holmes)
The Rest (33 Listed players who still have contracts)

we can have a maximum of 40 players on the primary list. And we need to take 2 picks in the draft.

So we need to delist a minimum of 4 players. If we delist all 5 we can either:

a) use 61 in the main draft
b) Recruit a delisted Free Agent before or after the draft
c) take a pick in the Preseason Draft
d) take an extra rookie pick, and have an automatic rookie promotion available during the season.

I missed all this but it sounds like fun. I have no idea if IS is racist. But I do know he can pick a fault with the club.

You should feel sympathy, there are times I find it hard to like your posts even when I totally agree with the sentiment in them. He didn't say anything particularly outrageous for big footy. You guys should start a misunderstood posters alliance.
I'm not saying he is a s**t bloke, so if he works his ass off why dose he lack a solid fitness base? They say it takes the young guys a few preseasons to build up he was at the crows, then wafl now been with us for 4 years and still dose not have the work rate or fitness, so what's he working on?

Who said he doesn't? If he's delisted it's because he wasn't quite up to the standard of AFL footy. I'm not sure he would have lasted this long if he was such an unfit specimen.

I'm not sure who you have been speaking too but Tom is in the bottom 5 (along with Billy Longer) for laziest players at the club and it shows on game day. He was moved to the backline because he didn't work hard enough to get fit so he could keep leading up and running back all day.

He may be a good guy and popular but he is certainly no hard worker.

He was moved back because we drafted Paddy Mac and Bruce moved forward and the only chance he had at the Saints was where we were light on. You obviously had a stellar career at the saints and worked a lot harder. He had issues at Adelaide with his work ethic but he has been with us for years and you can't imagine they kept him on if he's been slacking the whole time. It just doesn't make any sense. I have no issue if he goes, he had time to make it and the club has to make a call at some point. I have an issue with people bagging players out or suggesting they should just * off or what ever was said.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/road-to-the-draft

Trout is very circumspect and respectful. Basically he doesn't often give much a way.
Mentioned that when he first saw Blake he thought wow, Chris Judd. Reverted to playing a straight bat after that, but could hear in his voice some excitement.

How good was that??
I also noticed that " fundamentally" is to Trout as " significantly pleasing" is to Richo ;)

How good was that??
I also noticed that " fundamentally" is to Trout as " significantly pleasing" is to Richo ;)
Maybe not Judd nowadays, but his talking of going through mids, fwd and back and being able to run and mark around the ground, a little light bulb went off in my head (Kouta :p).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not Judd nowadays, but his talking of going through mids, fwd and back and being able to run and mark around the ground, a little light bulb went off in my head (Kouta :p).

Well he went OK too...

So JBT has gone from an Academy player who can't be picked, to a Cat B rookie who could be picked? That's news. Still a long way from playing seniors, but hey. I liked his hardness in the Zebras games I saw on television.

Trout mentions pick 10 in the rookie draft. Is that a sign chips isnt going on?

Think it pretty much does...

The other little criptic messages from the interview was Nat slipping in that we liked SPP at 23 which Trout glossed over and that Trout was really impressed with Griffin Logue at the combine.

So JBT has gone from an Academy player who can't be picked, to a Cat B rookie who could be picked? That's news. Still a long way from playing seniors, but hey. I liked his hardness in the Zebras games I saw on television.

Sounds good, I spoke to him at the start of the season and he's changed his attitude heaps. He gave the impression that he's actually eyeing off playing footy at the highest level where before he was just along for an adventure and anything was a bonus. last year he seemed to be like a kid who thought if that he kept his head down no one would realise he's snuck in to the party. He's a lovely size now and with a bit more muscle on his frame he could be a nice KPB.

Shenton's failure to get a new contract is far more of an indication of how we are going rather than how he's been going.

I like the bloke and wish him well, but our decision to move on without him just emphasises the strength and depth we're building
he didn't play a game all year, he aint that good at 26yo

he didn't play a game all year, he aint that good at 26yo

He was unlucky that Skunk came in and didn't put a foot wrong all year. He moved back forward this year and had an amazing season at VFL level. He won our Sandy B&F and he was the top goal scorer in the VFL just before the finals I'm pretty sure. He should be like Dunnell where he was close to AFL standard but will clean up against sate league players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back