List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine the plan for next off season would be to put into use one or two of the three first rounders we have at our disposal to lure a very high level young mid from probably the Giants and also lure one superstar FA mid. We will have the salary cap for both and to also extend our young players contracts.
You never know, maybe there has already been some early discussion between some players, their managers and our club.
Three first rounders? Whatyoutalkinabout Willis?

EDIT ah 2018.

hope we keep all of them, go to the draft and start building for a decade +

Three first rounders? Whatyoutalkinabout Willis?

EDIT ah 2018.

hope we keep all of them, go to the draft and start building for a decade +

A Premiership now needs to be our main goal, but list management team have plans in place to keep adding young talent to make us competitive for a long while. Battle a perfect example of this.

Sorry Barrels, you know i would have gone for yours first , but you forgot to publish it.
Soooo.... No mids in 2017?
Plenty of everything really; likely to be a pretty strong draft.

I'd imagine the plan for next off season would be to put into use one or two of the three first rounders we have at our disposal to lure a very high level young mid from probably the Giants and also lure one superstar FA mid. We will have the salary cap for both and to also extend our young players contracts.
You never know, maybe there has already been some early discussion between some players, their managers and our club.
Would throw a spanner in the works if say Fyfe agreed to come to us and Freo matched our offer to him, meaning he went from being "free", from a trade POV, to costing us say at least 2 of those 3 first rounders.

Would throw a spanner in the works if say Fyfe agreed to come to us and Freo matched our offer to him, meaning he went from being "free", from a trade POV, to costing us say at least 2 of those 3 first rounders.

Or we could just let Freo match the bet, and take our money elsewhere, which may later force out a young talent from Freo who is deserving of some more money?

We have 2 2017 first round picks and 1 future first round pick in 2018.
Its gonna be bloody exciting watching us next yr and nearly as exciting watching whoever plays the Hawks just to see if the Wees n Poos lose so we get max value out of that trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Freo could or would match any contract Fyfe signed with us.

oh God I'm going to have to get used to that doofus mercenary Fyfe being a saint, aren't I?

He better not get ideas above his station while he's playing for us. Just because he's the expensive ring-in, it doesn't mean he gets to be treated like a false god & handed the captaincy and all the other horror stories you hear about and the medicos had certainly better make sure that he's not going to be a very expensive crock.

Still think it could be the undoing of all our good work.

If the situation ever arose I wonder how the new club would structure his contract?
To price them out of it they'd probably have to give him say a 2 or 3 year offer at about $1.6mil+ PA, but coming off two broken legs is Nat really going to take the risk of signing for just two or three years, when there are probably 5+ year, multi-million dollar offers on the table?

And if we had to give him a really expensive contract up front, how do we then have the space free for another big signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back