List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely.

Langfords 'disposal' looks terrible, because there's never anyone on his hip (to borrow a league term).

If he was playing for the dogs/swans, the way they play, he'd be far more effective because he wouldn't be the only one hunting the ball
Spot on our positioning at centre clearances is too negative, we need to hunt the ball more.

That's the spirit.

I am the opposite to you, I certainly give a s**t about Hawthorn Premiership players.

If you read between the lines of what Clarko said in his presser after the Doggies game then the way forward at the moment in AFL is contest after contest without giving the ball away.

I think this is something Will does very very well sure there are other parts of his game lacking but if the game is to become a contested beast rumble, then I think Will is a keeper.

Will averages only about 17 touches per contest, does not find the footy enough and when he gets it he often butchers it. I agree we need to improve in the contested area but if Will is who we are relying to improve our troubles in the midfield then we are in for a world of hurt in the years to come.

Ive now heard Reid, O'meara and Morabito as possibilities and we already have Woodward.

Who else can we target that can't get on the park?

Maybe we are trying to build a best 22 list of blokes who are injury riddled.

It could be the best team ever seen on paper.

But could it stand up?

Absolutely.

Langfords 'disposal' looks terrible, because there's never anyone on his hip (to borrow a league term).

If he was playing for the dogs/swans, the way they play, he'd be far more effective because he wouldn't be the only one hunting the ball
I find Will Langford a valuable player because he hunts relentlessly, he has some form slump like every one else, but his passion and courage is unquestionable. Long term Hawk for me, he has a long way to go yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't shoot the messenger....

Chris Judd has flagged West Coast as a possible suitor for Sydney star Tom Mitchell.

Mitchell looks likely to head to Hawthorn in the off-season - but Judd has other ideas.

"A little bit came across 5CJ Radio, my own personal radio station, which has broken a couple of big stories this year," he said on Triple M's The Rub

I wouldn't be surprised if West Coast came for him late. He lived in Western Australia for quite a while, he's got some very good friends there. (He) played junior football for Claremont.

"I just think he would be a very good fit for them. I wouldn't be surprised if he came."

Lowden couldn't get a game for the Crows even when old mate Jacobs was injured. Pass.

I swear every year people suggest we get rejects with this idea that we can transform an average plodder into a superstar.
Not suggesting we should go for Lowden, but every time I see Menegola's name for the Cats I cringe. There's a lot to be said for recycling players ... but it's very much a game of lotto. You never know when you're going to uncover something special or reignite a career. Then again you may draft a Garlett, Renouf or some may argue, even an O'Rourke.

Chris Judd has flagged West Coast as a possible suitor for Sydney star Tom Mitchell.

Mitchell looks likely to head to Hawthorn in the off-season - but Judd has other ideas.

"A little bit came across 5CJ Radio, my own personal radio station, which has broken a couple of big stories this year," he said on Triple M's The Rub

I wouldn't be surprised if West Coast came for him late. He lived in Western Australia for quite a while, he's got some very good friends there. (He) played junior football for Claremont.

"I just think he would be a very good fit for them. I wouldn't be surprised if he came."
It's not strong reasoning is it?

I never thought of that, plus their 1st rounder is better than ours. I bet Wrighty got sweaty hands when he first got wind of this. If Titch isn't too concerned which club he went to that would cause a problem with the JOM trade too if we're forced to give up more than we can really afford.

There is something seriously amiss with Langford - off the field. Twice in the past two months he was suddenly unavailable due to "illness" Im not buying the bullshit freak "motor boat accident" in the off seasonal either.

Yes his disposal has been poor this year but I can't help but think that his mind has been elsewhere this year. Hope he can get it together in the off season

Geez I hope there IS something wrong with his mindset because that suggests that if fixed he can be as good as his best, more often. Watching him at Box Hill at the start of his career I thought he was hard at it and had pace but not clean enough to make it. I was soooo glad to be proven wrong, but I'm coming back around to my original view. Hopefully I am wrong again, was so awesome to see a Langford to star in a GF again!

Not suggesting we should go for Lowden, but every time I see Menegola's name for the Cats I cringe. There's a lot to be said for recycling players ... but it's very much a game of lotto. You never know when you're going to uncover something special or reignite a career. Then again you may draft a Garlett, Renouf or some may argue, even an O'Rourke.
Some players mature later without doubt but Lowden has had some serious ankle issues and just doesn't seem to give 100%. I actually expected him moving to a new club to make him realise he needs to put his body on the line and do the little things to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back