List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players mature later without doubt but Lowden has had some serious ankle issues and just doesn't seem to give 100%. I actually expected him moving to a new club to make him realise he needs to put his body on the line and do the little things to make it.

Lowden and Grimley shared some traits, excellent athletes but not footballers.

Everyone just doesnt want us to get quality. But we get who we want. Usual tactics. If we want mitchell we will get him just like O'Meara

Taken a while
Prior to finals I had only really seen him in two non Hawthorn involved games and he was poor in both so I wasn't too keen. His finals series thus far has shown he's a damn good player. Getting JOM and Mitchell will be a huge result.

I find Will Langford a valuable player because he hunts relentlessly, he has some form slump like every one else, but his passion and courage is unquestionable. Long term Hawk for me, he has a long way to go yet.

Not to mention the 'better' Langford is available in next years draft, would be good to keep them together.

Not suggesting we should go for Lowden, but every time I see Menegola's name for the Cats I cringe. There's a lot to be said for recycling players ...

Menegola did as much tonight as he did in his entire career with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prior to finals I had only really seen him in two non Hawthorn involved games and he was poor in both so I wasn't too keen. His finals series thus far has shown he's a damn good player. Getting JOM and Mitchell will be a huge result.
Seriously doubt that will happen. The AFL will find a way.

If we manage to land both Mitchell and O'Meara we all should be ecstatic, would be a massive result for us and will totally change our side around. We are crying out for 2 quality young potential A grade mids. Our midfield cupboard is basically bare atm, please Wrighty and co make it so!

Absolutely.

Langfords 'disposal' looks terrible, because there's never anyone on his hip (to borrow a league term).

If he was playing for the dogs/swans, the way they play, he'd be far more effective because he wouldn't be the only one hunting the ball

His disposal looks terrible, because it's absolutely awful.
If he had a team mate on his hip, he'd handball it behind him, to his ankles, or bounce it off the poor blokes scone.
As a Hawk supporter, you literally cheer if he manages to actually find a team mate in stride.
He's up with the worst I've seen at AFL level.

His disposal looks terrible, because it's absolutely awful.
If he had a team mate on his hip, he'd handball it behind him, to his ankles, or bounce it off the poor blokes scone.
As a Hawk supporter, you literally cheer if he manages to actually find a team mate in stride.
He's up with the worst I've seen at AFL level.

Not saying I haven't seen Langford make some howlers in open space, I have, but, and it's a big but.... Birchall, Hodge, freaking Dangerfield last night. Everyone makes errors.

I reckon we're in danger of noticing a player do one thing, and then forever noticing it.

Kinda like looking at the illuminated exit signs at the cinemas....

Just because we notice, and look for, and notice again, doesn't mean it's relevant.

It is a rapidly evolving game, and our structures, along with our opponents can change mid quarter. I think if Langford played a Kennedy/TMitchell/libba type role, and had players like Parker, Dahlhause, Hanners, etc around him, instead of Hartung, Smith, Hill etc, the difference would be huge, HUGE!

Not saying I haven't seen Langford make some howlers in open space, I have, but, and it's a big but.... Birchall, Hodge, freaking Dangerfield last night. Everyone makes errors.

I reckon we're in danger of noticing a player do one thing, and then forever noticing it.

Kinda like looking at the illuminated exit signs at the cinemas....

Just because we notice, and look for, and notice again, doesn't mean it's relevant.

It is a rapidly evolving game, and our structures, along with our opponents can change mid quarter. I think if Langford played a Kennedy/TMitchell/libba type role, and had players like Parker, Dahlhause, Hanners, etc around him, instead of Hartung, Smith, Hill etc, the difference would be huge, HUGE!

That's absolutely fair.
And if Langers got the pill 27 times a game instead of 17 and blindly sent it forward - or just tried to pass but instead it was a 50/50, then his value to the team is much improved. Through sheer weight of numbers and creating opportunities, you could forgive the weakness in passing because he's still creating inside 50's and chances for goals.
But he's a very average accumulator of the ball, mostly gets led to it and then tries to bustle the first guy off the sherrin to win it. I'd take Kieran Lovell's 17 possessions a game any day over Langers, and truthfully I'm not real sure how great defensively young Will is......I mean he can really lay a tackle when in close, but I'm not sure his direct opponent is exactly sweating at the match up.

Anyway, I've said enough.
Go Hawks.

Prior to finals I had only really seen him in two non Hawthorn involved games and he was poor in both so I wasn't too keen. His finals series thus far has shown he's a damn good player. Getting JOM and Mitchell will be a huge result.[/QU
That's absolutely fair.
And if Langers got the pill 27 times a game instead of 17 and blindly sent it forward - or just tried to pass but instead it was a 50/50, then his value to the team is much improved. Through sheer weight of numbers and creating opportunities, you could forgive the weakness in passing because he's still creating inside 50's and chances for goals.
But he's a very average accumulator of the ball, mostly gets led to it and then tries to bustle the first guy off the sherrin to win it. I'd take Kieran Lovell's 17 possessions a game any day over Langers, and truthfully I'm not real sure how great defensively young Will is......I mean he can really lay a tackle when in close, but I'm not sure his direct opponent is exactly sweating at the match up.

Anyway, I've said enough.
Go Hawks.
So he's got a few things to work on in the off season - What is becoming obvious to me is that we need Buddy back. How much cap space do we have?

timthumb.php

Poor in his first game against Hawthorn? He held S.Mitchell to 15 touches whilst collecting 21 himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back