List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Bitchell murdered me in Supercoach. I watched every game of his.

He had one real dominate one but mostly piggy parker and Hannebery do the hard stuff

Hanners the grimace.

He was puffing and grimacing after the standalone 11 seconds play at the end of a quarter last week.

I can believe the Mitchell thing is just money - surely theres plenty other swans youd move on first.

I found young mitch very sewell like. In a good way

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hanners the grimace.

He was puffing and grimacing after the standalone 11 seconds play at the end of a quarter last week.

I can believe the Mitchell thing is just money - surely theres plenty other swans youd move on first.

Kennedy, Heeney, Mills, Parker, hannebery are all comfortably head of Mitchell as Mids, they would like to keep him but they have no real use for him.

Poor in his first game against Hawthorn? He held S.Mitchell to 15 touches whilst collecting 21 himself.
True, but we didn't need a tagger and I had yet to see him play a solid game when given the opportunity. Langers can also do a solid tagging role but it's when he's been given a chance to do his own thing, particularly this season that he has struggled to make an impact.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His disposal looks terrible, because it's absolutely awful.
If he had a team mate on his hip, he'd handball it behind him, to his ankles, or bounce it off the poor blokes scone.
As a Hawk supporter, you literally cheer if he manages to actually find a team mate in stride.
He's up with the worst I've seen at AFL level.

I love Langers endeavour, I love how much he loves hawthorn but this post is spot on. A grade level local footy, Langers is below that in regards to his foot skills. A real shame tbh.

When it's mechanical there's nothing you can really do to change it.

I love Langers endeavour, I love how much he loves hawthorn but this post is spot on. A grade level local footy, Langers is below that in regards to his foot skills. A real shame tbh.

When it's mechanical there's nothing you can really do to change it.
In saying that, I reckon he'd be a lot better off in a functional midfield unit. Any flaw is going to be horribly exposed in our current set-up. Bring in JO'M & TO'M & I reckon guys like Langers become a lot more effective. not more skilled, but their strengths shine brighter, rather than their flaws. See in 2014 Finals, when our Mids ran riot.

EIGHTYEIGHTEIGHTYNINE

All Australian
Mar 20, 2009
Port Elliot
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
49ers
Hanners the grimace.

Hanners was grimacing leaving the huddle singing the song in the rooms last night: practicing for next week?

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In saying that, I reckon he'd be a lot better off in a functional midfield unit. Any flaw is going to be horribly exposed in our current set-up. Bring in JO'M & TO'M & I reckon guys like Langers become a lot more effective. not more skilled, but their strengths shine brighter, rather than their flaws. See in 2014 Finals, when our Mids ran riot.

That's an excellent point.
He could do exactly the same job, but when the game is flowing your way more and others are creating the 'big plays', the desperation and effort Langers brings can be the icing that tastes bloody good.

Aug 15, 2009
The Riverina
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's an excellent point.
He could do exactly the same job, but when the game is flowing your way more and others are creating the 'big plays', the desperation and effort Langers brings can be the icing that tastes bloody good.

Sounds a lot like Liam Picken. Was always tough and manic but otherwise average. Now that he is surrounded by a midfield of stars he has taken his game to another level. Langford could be our Picken with JOM and Tom in the team.

lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
If Tom Mitchell plays a good Grand Final he can write his own tIcket and some club will offer him 750k per year and I reckon we will miss out on him.

His Finals series has been first class. I am having a crack at him for Norm Smith.

If the Tigers can convince him with a massive $$$ offer and then offer the Swans pick 6 then we are no chance with him.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
If Tom Mitchell plays a good Grand Final he can write his own tIcket and some club will offer him 750k per year and I reckon we will miss out on him.

His Finals series has been first class. I am having a crack at him for Norm Smith.

If the Tigers can convince him with a massive $$$ offer and then offer the Swans pick 6 then we are no chance with him.

How are the Tigers securing Prestia ? I suppose they could offer 2017 1st Rounder.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Not saying I haven't seen Langford make some howlers in open space, I have, but, and it's a big but.... Birchall, Hodge, freaking Dangerfield last night. Everyone makes errors.

I reckon we're in danger of noticing a player do one thing, and then forever noticing it.

Kinda like looking at the illuminated exit signs at the cinemas....

Just because we notice, and look for, and notice again, doesn't mean it's relevant.

It is a rapidly evolving game, and our structures, along with our opponents can change mid quarter. I think if Langford played a Kennedy/TMitchell/libba type role, and had players like Parker, Dahlhause, Hanners, etc around him, instead of Hartung, Smith, Hill etc, the difference would be huge, HUGE!

I agree. Because it has been highlighted so much, we are looking for the poor disposal, so when he hits a target we just let that one pass unnoticed.

I'm still believe the power of Clarko and co meeting or presence especially last night will get him over to Hawthorn.
Look what happened to JOM ;).

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sounds a lot like Liam Picken. Was always tough and manic but otherwise average. Now that he is surrounded by a midfield of stars he has taken his game to another level. Langford could be our Picken with JOM and Tom in the team.

Picken has always been good by foot, not elite but good. Langers just can't hit the side of a barn, that's his only glaring weakness, but it's the most important aspect of our game.

NICE1

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'd throw up if we paid him anywhere near that.

He can find the ball, great at clearances and in tight, but is a handball merchant. His kicking is average and he is slow which is a massive liability in today's game.

He's worth no more than $550k.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd throw up if we paid him anywhere near that.

He can find the ball, great at clearances and in tight, but is a handball merchant. His kicking is average and he is slow which is a massive liability in today's game.

He's worth no more than $550k.

Being slow hasn't hurt our Mitch.. His DE is 68% right on the league average. His use by both foot and hand on the biggest stage on Friday was excellent. We must get this deal done, I would be really surprised if he hasn't already committed to Clarko, very very surprised. A lot of people here where on the money about JOM and the same people are saying the same about TOM, I'm pretty confident within a few days of the gf ending Mitchell will be nomming us.

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ben Jarman, son of Darren, to showcase talents to Crows, Hawthorn draft scouts

ANDREW CAPEL, adelaidenow
September 24, 2016 2:00pm

AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan says Ben Jarman would be a perfect fit at Hawthorn as the Crows baulk on making him their first father-son pick.

Sheehan says 18-year-old Jarman’s kicking is reminiscent of his triple AFL premiership father Darren and that the Hawks would “love the way he uses the football’’.

“His kicking is elite, a lot of clubs love that — Hawthorn certainly loves that, you don’t get through the door unless you can hit your targets at the Hawks,’’ Sheehan said.

Jarman, from SANFL club North Adelaide, is eligible to be drafted as a father-son player by Adelaide and Hawthorn because Darren played more than 100 games for both clubs.

He won two flags with the Crows in 1997 and 1998 after winning a premiership with the Hawks in 1991.

Ben’s uncle Andrew — a dual Magarey Medallist — told The Advertiser that the Hawks are leading the race for the skilful small forward/midfielder because they have shown far more interest in him.

But that could change following Crows head of football David Noble’s move to the Brisbane Lions and a possible restructuring of Adelaide’s list management team.

Ben Jarman is eligible to be selected by Adelaide and Hawthorn under the father-son rule. Picture: Stephen Laffer
Sheehan says 175cm Jarman is progressing nicely and would likely be a late second-round or third-round selection at the November 25 national draft in Sydney.

“I’ve watched him physically develop in the past three years from being a tiny boy at the start of his under-16 year to start to really physically develop,’’ master scout Sheehan said.

“He’s filled out and he’s certainly talented, he’s got the Jarman gift of use of the ball.

“He’s just a good decision-maker, a lovely kick, he has no problem popping them through (the goals) from that 50m mark.

“He looks good enough to get on to a list and has stepped up from being a very lively small forward into a good midfielder too.

“It will be fascinating to see how that (father-son draft scenario) unfolds as both the Hawks and Crows start to circle him as he considers his options.’’

Jarman will put his talents on display on AFL Grand Final eve at Melbourne’s Punt Rd Oval.

Continued at link.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/d6dee4a14b4157d0780c26059adafcee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back