List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Stewart from GWS has requested a trade. With Richmond possibly matching our offer for Vickery I'd be surprised if we weren't in the race. Won't cost much to bring him across either.

Reliable kick but below average for contested/uncontested marking. He struggles in one on one contest (won 17% in 2015 - 92nd of the top 100 targets) but that may improve with some bulk, not sure he would be the right fit for us. 4 years at GWS for 20 odd games you can see why he would want to leave.

I reckon people undersell Hill. Big part of our offensive play when we were "on". Freo really need players like him and I bet we will see some great Hill brother moments
There is some truth to this and people can have short memories. Had the trade been proposed 12 months ago, a straight swap would have been considered reasonable. 2 years ago we'd have been complaining and asking for more where Hill was getting tagged every week and Mitchell was playing NEAFL.

As it stands Mitchell had an excellent 2016 and Hill had a poor 2016 but they are of a similar age. I'd expect us to have to sweeten the deal as i'd rate Hill a 15-25 pick (due to his poor season) and Mitchell a 8-15 pick.

Hill being in contract certainly helps us gain more than we would if he was out of contract but in saying this of we got Pick 20 for Brad I would be happy.

Pick 20 for Titch will not get the job done so you would imagine there will be some extra components to this deal if it were to happen.
We got him with pick 32. Still think he is worth more than 20. He is fit, fast, smart, likes a goal and is a positive thinking guy. He had injuries earlier in the year as well. Honestly think that when Brad fired we fired. Just clicked so well with our small forwards. I'm really going to miss the guy

Can I ask why it has been said in here that Tom Mitchell approached Hawthorn about coming over and not the other way around? I may have missed a report or something but lots of people have said that now so was purely curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back