List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he leaves he will be replaced, and we'll be happy.
I have little doubt.

I hope you're right - but if we were offering him a contract then he was in our plans so a contingency may not have been in mind. Trust in Wrighty I suppose!

This is hardly a surprise re: Brand. Anyone who is still out of contract at the moment is either looking to move on or the club is considering booting them. Both Brand and Mcevoy remain very intriguing given we are hardly well stocked for key defenders and Ruckmen.

Agreed, which is why I feel confident we will get Mitchell. Losing Brand would be a blow but not fatal.

Will never happen add hartung to that then I would say we might be close. Mitchell is worth around pick 10 in my opinion and I have no issues trading hartung if it got the deal done. I agree that we need to keep at least one first round draft pick in the next two drafts

The point is that Hill is worth about the same as Mitchell who has only just started to turn it on in the past 2 months. Hill has been performing at a high level in his role (which is different to Mitchell's) for 3yrs+. People lose complete perspective with these things. If I was the hfc trade team I would be going into this negotiation intent on achieving a "out: hill in: Mitchell" outcome, however that takes place.

Agreed, which is why I feel confident we will get Mitchell. Losing Brand would be a blow but not fatal.

Losing Brand will be a blow next year and a body blow long term, who plays 2nd tall defender along side Frawley ? We all know Gibbo isn't tup to it anymore.

Losing Brand will be a blow next year and a body blow long term, who plays 2nd tall defender along side Frawley ? We all know Gibbo isn't tup to it anymore.
With O'meara and Mitchell in the middle the ball won't end up in our defensive 50 :D

I don't doubt that logic - that doesn't negate this being a bloody big loss to us structurally. And with bringing in as many players as we're trying to this off season - I don't see us replacing him this trade period. It's bitterly disappointing.
here is the way i see things.
it doesn't hurt us one bit that he is leaving. because it means that we don't have a player who doesn't want to be a hawk and bring a player who does want to be a hawk.

I hope you're right - but if we were offering him a contract then he was in our plans so a contingency may not have been in mind. Trust in Wrighty I suppose!
Trade week is going to be fun.

Just wait and see.

I think he was droppee because we couldnt have two key backs who were both shakey decision makers and not the best users of the ball aswell.

I reckon he was dropped because he avoided body contact against a smaller opponent on several occasions against the Eagles

Honestly don't see what the fuss is about with Brand, if he helps us get Trengove over here it will be fantastic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heatherley maybe comes in to play that role? We may look at going with just Frawley and keeping Litherland and playing a smaller backline like the Dogs do.

Does Spangher stay on and we use him as the second tall again?

Brand can go to gold coast for JOM
Suspect Brand will go to Port in some kind of deal to get Hartlett to GC?

Either way it'll be disappointing. We are in quite a unique situation this trade period, with a couple of required players not having a contract in front of them. We may have more planned than first thought.

Heatherley maybe comes in to play that role? We may look at going with just Frawley and keeping Litherland and playing a smaller backline like the Dogs do.

Yep when spangher is fit he is still a quality player. He's a premiership player so he's no mug. I rate him highly. Hopefully this year is a blip on he's radar. Only 29 and still has at least 2 good years left in him. Durability is ofcourse a concern so we need a contingency... Brand for trengove suits me.

Suspect Brand will go to Port in some kind of deal to get Hartlett to GC?

Either way it'll be disappointing. We are in quite a unique situation this trade period, with a couple of required players not having a contract in front of them. We may have more planned than first thought.

I cannot imagine the club does not have a plan in place, as they did in June/July when Budd hadn't signed.

Kiwi does not have the body to play on Key forwards like Brand does, I see Kiwi breaking into the team when Gibbo says farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back