List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

want another first round pick next year, if the academy system doesn't change id like to see the hawks take advantage of it and get inside the top or maybe trade a player.

want another first round pick next year, if the academy system doesn't change id like to see the hawks take advantage of it and get inside the top or maybe trade a player.
Really? i'm thinking we're loading up to trade in a player of a decent name hence the reason we traded for pick 15 so we don't have to use another 1st rounder for the next 3 years. We might trade for an early draft pick then use it on a player. This is my theory on what Hawthorn are planning. We are also not filling the salary this year so we can use more next year. I'm confident that Wrighty and the boys are up to something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dion Prestia is out of contract at the end of next season. He would be an ideal fit for our midfield going forward. He's one of the best young inside midfielders in the competition.

Make it happen Graham Wright.

we passed on offering siope ngata a contract GW said on the hawks twitter account

Unsurprising. I have a feeling that rugby is his true love.

Ryan Burton retweeted my tweet (answered by GW) re getting Jarman F/S in 2016

Fingers crossed
When you think about it if GW said "yes, we're completely into him and he's keen to join his mate Burton at the Hawks" then Adelaide would go into absolute over drive in their attempts to woo him. Also would give the AFL plenty of time to introduce a by-law to the FS rule that says a FS recruit must currently be residing in the state for 12 months before they can be selected. Likewise if GW said "no, we're not looking into him at all" it would certainly raise less flags but I think Adelaide expect us to be sniffing around until at least late next year.

We still probably won't get him but I don't think the club has given up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back