List Mgmt. 2016 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread [v. 1.0]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also have absolutely none left, Ablett is the only form of experienced leader their along with Malceski.

They've lost O'meara, prestia, bennell, Dixon, in the last few years, Ablett is 32 and played 6 games this year.

They honestly need someone like Swallow.

Cunnington is 10x the midfielder that Ziebell is; he actually has composure and poise in traffic. Ziebell is hard at it and all that, but his blind hacks and handballs to no one make him a genuine liability when in the middle at times, particularly when they allow the opposition to walk out of the contest under no pressure.

Hopefully people think Atley still has value, but he would be the first of the established players that I would prefer to see traded.

Every midfielder hacks the ball forward.

Parker, Mitchell, Hanneberry, Dangerfield.

They all do it.

Every midfielder hacks the ball forward.

Parker, Mitchell, Hanneberry, Dangerfield.

They all do it.
Yep they do, but all of those mids, apart from maybe Dangerfield but he has considerably more burst and speed from the stoppages, don't do it as consistently as Ziebell when there are better options available. The difference is that Ziebells first thought is to hack, whereas for those players their first thought is to find a player through handball or to take the tackle or to burst from the stoppage.

Ziebell also regularly does stupid s**t like handball blindly over his shoulder into traffic or, when he's the defensive sided midfielder, hack the ball straight into an opposition player when our other midfielders have rightly started moving forward because we're in possession, which lets the opposition walk out of the stoppage; or he tries s**t like he did the other day with that ridiculous attempt at a 'Jackie Chan out of mid air' type kick from a center square stoppage.

He seriously lacks composure and poise in traffic and is much worse in that respect than all of the players you mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In B4 J Kelly Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The door is open Jaeger O’Meara... and i would send Cunnington to GC to get it done.

I've been thinking about a bit of a trade involving him.

North give:

2017 first round pick
2016 second round pick
Ben Cunnington

Gold Coast give:

Jaeger O'Meara
2 x 2016 first Round picks

North hit the draft with 3 x first round picks.

Suns get a top midfielder that will actually play, bank pics for their better academy year next year.

I've been thinking about a bit of a trade involving him.

North give:

2017 first round pick
2016 second round pick
Ben Cunnington

Gold Coast give:

Jaeger O'Meara
2 x 2016 first Round picks

North hit the draft with 3 x first round picks.

Suns get a top midfielder that will actually play, bank pics for their better academy year next year.

I'd don't think they would go for that.

First Rounder and Andrew Swallow for Jaeger, get it done.

We have already show we are pricks so may as well keep it up by flicking the Captain.

Offering to trade our Captain so he could play with his brother would only go to show how thoughtful North are..:rolleyes:

The door is open Jaeger O’Meara... and i would send Cunnington to GC to get it done.
I would hate to see that happen. A bonus with Cunnington is he is the type of player who is loyal to the club and we would never have to worry about another club poaching him or him demanding a massive salary. He hasn't had the greatest year but he will come good. He is built for finals footy too.

Any deal needs to be built around A.Swallow or other senior players i.e. Thompson, Hanson, Black and picks.

Just looks really bad when you have a stagnant, flatfooted forward line, some of which seem to prefer starting each contest behind their man.

Maybe that will change with a forcibly more mobile setup next year...

I would hate to see that happen. A bonus with Cunnington is he is the type of player who is loyal to the club and we would never have to worry about another club poaching him or him demanding a massive salary. He hasn't had the greatest year but he will come good. He is built for finals footy too.

Any deal needs to be built around A.Swallow or other senior players i.e. Thompson, Hanson, Black and picks.
That would be great, but those guys are either fringe or sliding, so it's good to see a realistic idea thrown up. GC need players, that puts North in the frame as we don't have picks, but they won't take just anyone.

If we do lose Black as expected, should we look at Schulz? As a depth player we could do worse. He won't keep anyone out of the side as he'd be coming purely in for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back