List Mgmt. 2016 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread [v. 1.0]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Saunders claims he can fix a 2 year knee in a matter of weeks - 2 weeks! - as long as is it not a hamstring or foot.

That said, if we got O'Meara and Swallow, the worst that could happen is we have a man candy calendar and our female membership goes up 1000%.

O'Meara, Swallow, Swallow, Tarrant, Daw...I once went to a function where 3 middle aged women (in very comfortable shoes) on my table were giggling like little schoolgirls when they got photos with Maj.

So Saunders claims he can fix a 2 year knee in a matter of weeks - 2 weeks! - as long as is it not a hamstring or foot.

That said, if we got O'Meara and Swallow the worst that could happen is we have a man candy calendar and our female membership goes up 1000%.

O'Meara, Swallow, Swallow, Tarrant, Daw...I once went to a function where 3 middle aged women (in very comfortable shoes) on my table were giggling like little schoolgirls when they got photos with Maj.
NTTAWWT.

It's exciting to think of hunting these players and engineering a coup. But they will not come cheap, we don't have picks, we need hold onto future picks, and GC want good players back. I think I'll wait to see if it comes off, and the price. If North can land one or more of these targets without selling the farm, it will be an outstanding result.

We can't get Swallow and O'Meara without giving up Goldstein imo.

His ruck work has been poo this year but I still want him.

Ziebell, Atley, Black, Dumont, Majak

They are the 5 with currency I am willing to part with (Black not as much as others).

Black Majak not sure those two have any currency unless you're talking

images

Most freo supporters are pretty keen to see the back of him I'll be honest. The positives of Mayne is that his pressure is elite, he locks the ball inside 50 and runs a lot of players down with tackles, when hes on song he can get a ridiculous amount of tackles and free kicks that leads to goals. Reasonably good hands, quicker than people actually think, just watch his run down tackles, got a footy brain, meaning he does a lot of one percenters that go unnoticed. Also, hes a bloody hard worker, will get to the next contest like his life depends on it. I rated him as one of the most underrated players back in 2012-2013, the bloke was the best shot on goal in the AFL. Unfortunately something changed, now he misses it from everywhere, hes gone from the best in the AFL (literally) to one of the worse. Hes not the type of player that will kick bags of goals like Waite, but rather the type that will set up goals with pressure and can kick the odd couple. Fremantle are obviously not playing well, so no forward is going to look impressive in our team, but I think a new environment is what he needs, if he can fix his kicking then you'll get yourself a handy player, if he can't then you'll be frustrated with him quickly, realistically his kicking for goal is holding him back and it seems to of taken it's toll on him mentally.

The continuous missed goals, especially the crucial ones......they're momentum killers in a way, it almost seems like the team isn't comfortable with the ball in his hands anymore.

Hopefully this video helps you guys see what I mean by his tackling and speed

Looking at the highlights he'll probably be our captain. We need someone with closing speed who can lay a tackle, the poor kicking for goal? We're use to it, won't be noticed:p

Will need a hair cut is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most freo supporters are pretty keen to see the back of him I'll be honest. The positives of Mayne is that his pressure is elite, he locks the ball inside 50 and runs a lot of players down with tackles, when hes on song he can get a ridiculous amount of tackles and free kicks that leads to goals. Reasonably good hands, quicker than people actually think, just watch his run down tackles, got a footy brain, meaning he does a lot of one percenters that go unnoticed. Also, hes a bloody hard worker, will get to the next contest like his life depends on it. I rated him as one of the most underrated players back in 2012-2013, the bloke was the best shot on goal in the AFL. Unfortunately something changed, now he misses it from everywhere, hes gone from the best in the AFL (literally) to one of the worse. Hes not the type of player that will kick bags of goals like Waite, but rather the type that will set up goals with pressure and can kick the odd couple. Fremantle are obviously not playing well, so no forward is going to look impressive in our team, but I think a new environment is what he needs, if he can fix his kicking then you'll get yourself a handy player, if he can't then you'll be frustrated with him quickly, realistically his kicking for goal is holding him back and it seems to of taken it's toll on him mentally.

The continuous missed goals, especially the crucial ones......they're momentum killers in a way, it almost seems like the team isn't comfortable with the ball in his hands anymore.

Hopefully this video helps you guys see what I mean by his tackling and speed

Exactly what this thread needed. A dose of reality, thanks.

The club needs an a-grade midfielder with above average disposal skills. Are either of the gold coast players in this mould?
If we're going '4 in, 4 out', I think rather than going after Swallow and O'Meara who are both huge huge risks for a large price, we instead go:
-Lennon
-Laverde
-Hoskin-Elliot
-Steele
All these guys will be worth a second rounder or less, with maybe the exception of Steele who would be worth late first but maybe even early second as well.
And they more fit the bill in what we're looking for. 'Skillful players'.
Their combined cost would be same or less than trying to pry O'Meara and Swallow from GC.

Was Mayne one of the main culprits in that GF loss? Sounds right to me and that would be a mental hurdle for most players.

Goldy is the only north mid capable of kicking more than two goals a few game

Don't trade Goldy
Pykie will always want to trade an older player for a younger player. Doesn't matter who the older player is. Doesn't matter who the younger player is either.

Trade week is going to be crazy.
Swallow + O'meara for Our 1st this year & next year. + Dumont & McKenzie.
GC say they want players. But you've got to get players that want to go there too.

That said, if we got O'Meara and Swallow, the worst that could happen is we have a man candy calendar and our female membership goes up 1000%.

Yep, i've just registered the NMFC stud farm. Daw, Tarrant, Swallows, O'Meara, Atley, MacMillan & Sammy Gibson... We'd also get plenty for Goldy at the New York sales. All standing for $25k a pop.

We could list in 6 months.

so apparently mayne is a done deal, he turns 29 next year and boomer kicked 13 more goals and averaged 7 more disposals than him this year
For all the good that Harvey has done this year with the ball in hand, don't forget it's just as important as what you do without the ball. All clubs look for defensive pressure. Unfortunately I don't believe defensive pressure is a key trait of both boomer & dal. If Mayne can bring his 2 strengths as highlighted by the freo poster, tackling pressure & ability to move from contest to contest, then I think he might be a serviceable pickup (just get back to your dead eye goal kicking accuracy).

You need to look at full picture rather than halves.

Go Roos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back