List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 5 - THE MADNESS IS OVER!

Remove this Banner Ad

We all expect GWS to win some flags so letting Lids go there won't change much. And as others have said much better than seeing him helping the Moggs Creek campaigners.

At least this way we can kid ourselves we have in a small way contributed to the GWS success which was always going to happen anyway.

And if Lids decides to coach later on. We just might see him in the yellow and black again ;)

It's been reported he has put a premiership ahead of money. I've never understood the mentality of moving to a club just to get a premiership. (And I fully understand I've never been even remotely close to a position of an AFL player so I'm not qualified to try and understand it, haha!) Brett has often mentioned the Tiger crowd when interviewed after a win. I'm not sure how helping GWS and it's supporters win a flag can be as fulfilling as trying to get one for the club and supporters that's been his life for 12 years but he clearly has ended up having an issue with the club so I wish him well in his quest. I reckon if we hit our straps and get back to 2013/2015 levels he may regret it eventually.

Same, I dont get that. I grew up watching players like Richo and Campbell who never left us to win a flag at another club. As Balme said this morning, we want players who want to be part of the team.

“Should we have been hard on it and say you have a contract and that’s it? Or do we listen to what a player says? I think one of the things in today’s footy which hasn’t changed since 1858, you’ve got to have guys that really want to play for you and when a player says they want to go, obviously you have to take that into account by some degree.” Balme on SEN

So we had a shocking year though most of our players were committed to stay with Richmond besides Lennon, Vickery and Deleido.

It's been reported he has put a premiership ahead of money. I've never understood the mentality of moving to a club just to get a premiership. (And I fully understand I've never been even remotely close to a position of an AFL player so I'm not qualified to try and understand it, haha!) Brett has often mentioned the Tiger crowd when interviewed after a win. I'm not sure how helping GWS and it's supporters win a flag can be as fulfilling as trying to get one for the club and supporters that's been his life for 12 years but he clearly has ended up having an issue with the club so I wish him well in his quest. I reckon if we hit our straps and get back to 2013/2015 levels he may regret it eventually.
I'm only speculating tb but I'm guessing the club was pretty supportive of him and his management pursuing offers 12m out of FA . On the back of. Such a poor season it called for drastic measures

I'm only speculating tb but I'm guessing the club was pretty supportive of him and his management pursuing offers 12m out of FA . On the back of. Such a poor season it called for drastic measures
I liked the quote of Balme saying it's a rule of football clubs that never changes, if the player doesn't want to be there help him move on. Poor season calls for drastic measures and also will encourage some people to think the grass is greener somewhere else! My big fear now is Dusty. The absolute best thing that could happen to Richmond would be for him to sign on before the new season. What a show of support that would be. But I guess nobody would blame him for waiting to see how things pan out on the field next year!!!

Better than helping to prop up the cats for another year or three. GWS success is meaningless and I've never met one of their fans, so there's no-one to rub anything in my face. Lids at Geelong would have been painful.

Agree. Living in Geelong, growing up in a religiously Geelong supporting family, I have a deep hatred for Geelong. More than any other club. Seeing Lids at the Cats would have been vomit inducing. They don't deserve him.

I bloody hope not. Fyfe for two first rounders, way way overs

yo freo are getting nothing from us, let the afl compo them. we aren;t some dumbass hick club from bumfk like geelong that trades for free agents.
this time next year we will be pulling hard on fyfe and 2 x first rounders and Naish Jnr.
that's the ruthlessness required for cuppage
WELCOME TO THE FK*** JUNGLE

I liked the quote of Balme saying it's a rule of football clubs that never changes, if the player doesn't want to be there help him move on. Poor season calls for drastic measures and also will encourage some people to think the grass is greener somewhere else! My big fear now is Dusty. The absolute best thing that could happen to Richmond would be for him to sign on before the new season. What a show of support that would be. But I guess nobody would blame him for waiting to see how things pan out on the field next year!!!

Though Martin tried to leave us and ended up talking about the Hardwick during his meeting with GWS lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today I stole, or maybe borrowed, one of the jokes that quite a few posters used on here after Vickery left. A guy that I run into regularly at work that's a mad Hawk fan came in today. I gave him some light hearted grief about Hawthorn drafting him. He's a really good guy and doesn't mind the Tiges but he gave me a big smartarse smile and said, "Let's see how Tiger fans react when they see him start playing well for us." I told him that not many Tiger fans bother going to Box Hill games. Wish I could show you the look of defeat on his face!! :D

Wish I could show you the look of defeat on his face!! :D

that's why hitler invented gifs

gif_tomas_berdych_lost_to_federer_iptl_delhi_7dec2014%202.gif

The saddest part out of all this is we won't find out who trade whisperer truly is and why he filmed himself with a ladyboy.
My bet its someone fond to us all and i won't give his name away but his digits are 71.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back