List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club loses massively in all those options and I can't see any of those players being much use. Some maybe Queenslanders but doesn't mean we should just go after them.
Think that is what we are up against - need to look at structural requirements - we are not going to get a Nat Fyfe !
Draft pick plus players is where its at.. And as you probably know - I'll take Queenslanders.
St Kilda maybe Armitage, Reiwolt , Gilbert ????

Whitecross is an unrestricted free agent. Wouldnt trade for him.. just pay him overs if we wanted him, which i really dont.
If he came with pick 15 and Howe you wouldn't say no. 100 games of experience - yes had injury concerns so maybe dependent on a medical assessment.
Think he's fine and looking for greater opportunity than he is getting a Hawthorn. Worst case he plays NEAFL with the kids as a senior player - gives depth which we have never had.

Whitecross is an unrestricted free agent. Wouldnt trade for him.. just pay him overs if we wanted him, which i really dont.
Whitey would actually be a very good fit for you, experienced, smart and a leader. Was seen as a future captain of the Hawks prior to his knee injury, certainly better than the happy hand clapper.

Why not have 15, WhiteX, litherland and Howe?

Will that get the deal done?
I'm not Scotty Clayton but think we can work with that - What do you know I don't ?
I know Jaeger's knee is dodgey.....

Last edited:
If he came with pick 15 and Howe you wouldn't say no. 100 games of experience - yes had injury concerns so maybe dependent on a medical assessment.
Think he's fine and looking for greater opportunity than he is getting a Hawthorn. Worst case he plays NEAFL with the kids as a senior player - gives depth which we have never had.
Ive got nothing against his acl but we need some heavy lifting in the midfield. We have hall, swallow and touk doing it on their own next year with ablett expected to play forward on a million a year ffs. Your whitecrosses and litherlands arent gonna get us into the 8, let alone win a premiership.. and the whole oh he provides leadership/good depth in the twos.. thats not what im trading jom out for im sorry. Develop touk into a leader, swallow, may, lynch, start driving leadership internally not bringing it in, doesnt work (malceski)

Ive got nothing against his acl but we need some heavy lifting in the midfield. We have hall, swallow and touk doing it on their own next year with ablett expected to play forward on a million a year ffs. Your whitecrosses and litherlands arent gonna get us into the 8, let alone win a premiership.. and the whole oh he provides leadership/good depth in the twos.. thats not what im trading jom out for im sorry. Develop touk into a leader, swallow, may, lynch, start driving leadership internally not bringing it in, doesnt work (malceski)

I still believe Queensland exports returning should be targets. How well has that worked for WA and SA teams in the past. .!!
Also need to understand that if you support a football club top 8 / finals , premierships are not guaranteed. St Kilda 1 premiership in 100+ yrs. Fremantle none since start up in early 1990s. Why should Suns be different.
My selections are working in the age bracket Rocket set for recruits - think they also meet structural needs but what do I know...!

So how is that the clubs fault he's a filthy gutless grub.
I agree with you but don't walk out on the club now or you're doing exactly the same thing you're lambasting him for doing.
Kinda off topic for this thread, but we as a club have been putrid for our whole existence. We aren't going to get any better any time soon. We aren't going to make finals next year.

We've got an incompetent board and 3/4 of our coaching staff are entirely useless. The decisionmaking by Clayton and Ashcroft is mindnumbingly awful and nobody has the decency or courage to do anything about it.

It's not just JOM pissing off like the muppet that he is, it's the fact that both on and off the field we are a total mess.

I hate the comparisons as much as anybody, but look at GWS. Competent decision making leads to great club culture and infield success. Imagine if we had followed a similar path? We would have 20k a game at Metricon.

Instead, we're averaging 10k with our A grade players getting traded left, right, and centre.

I can't justify spending any more money on the club at this stage. Depending on how our trading goes, I'll consider buying non-gameday memberships but otherwise I'll be a TV-only bloke for a while I'd say.

Was hoping Jaeger would stay but I'm not surprised. We need to maximise the currency we get for him and go back to the draft. We will have to look at the very best mature midfield options we can but at the end of the day I'm not losing my s**t like most because I've never thought he'll get back to anywhere near what he was. Sell him while he's still got value. I believe he may know he won't be as good again either hence not delaying a move to Melbourne by another 2 years by staying with us.

It all looks awful now but let's calm down because if there's anything life has taught me there's always a huge positive that comes from every s**t situation. So I'll sit here with baited breath seeing who we get and how we handle this. Sticking fat with this bloody club no matter how bad it gets. And yes, Bowes gets the #1 jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bit more from cochrane, not sure if it's been posted here yet.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/80f7279abc021d8f52951177576b1a9c

“Call me old-fashioned, but we thought loyalty was still alive and well,” Cochrane said of O’Meara.

“We have stuck to this kid through thick and thin to the point where when he got the first knee injury, it was such an unusual injury that our medical team searched out the very best care for him and we flew him to London to have that surgery.

“We regarded him as a really important part of our future. Our whole junior program is known as Jaeger’s Juniors ... we thought he had the right credentials, the right style and the right culture we wanted to build here.

“Foolishly as it turned out — so mug me — we felt he would do the right thing.”

Cochrane described as “stunning” the two-year offer the Suns put to O’Meara.

He said draft picks would do nothing to satisfy the Suns, who already have six selections inside the top 35 in this year’s national draft.

“We want a fair-dinkum player and we want a player of that calibre. I stand to be corrected, but I’ll be quite shocked if a club can come with a player of that standard,” he said.

“If we can’t be compensated then Jaeger can ride his luck and enter the draft. We are trying to build the Gold Coast Football Club in a very difficult, NRL-dominated, environment.

“We’re trying to have a fair-dinkum go, not make up the numbers, and we can’t afford to be losing blokes who just want to return to Melbourne and the big lights every year.

“Compared to a Carlton or a Collingwood we are a dot and not a very big dot, so it is a very hard task in a non-AFL environment to get players and retain players and build the right culture up here.

“Having said that, we’re not backing away one iota from that task and that’s why we’re drawing a line in the sand here.

“We just can’t accept being picked off every year while we develop a training camp for Victorian clubs.”
Cochrane sounds like a crazy man, perhaps I have two split personalities :)

Last edited:
Okay brand-new day and looking for some upside,

1, Will be able to pick just about any seat I want at Metrcon Stadium next year

2, I won't have to go into the pre season thinking about making finals

3, they say recognising how s**t you are is half the journey

Umm..... Reading this back, I'm not good at this.

Someone give us some upside

Not waiting in line for ages to get a beer?

The two leaving have been perennially injured

Was hoping Jaeger would stay but I'm not surprised. We need to maximise the currency we get for him and go back to the draft. We will have to look at the very best mature midfield options we can but at the end of the day I'm not losing my s**t like most because I've never thought he'll get back to anywhere near what he was. Sell him while he's still got value. I believe he may know he won't be as good again either hence not delaying a move to Melbourne by another 2 years by staying with us.

It all looks awful now but let's calm down because if there's anything life has taught me there's always a huge positive that comes from every s**t situation. So I'll sit here with baited breath seeing who we get and how we handle this. Sticking fat with this bloody club no matter how bad it gets. And yes, Bowes gets the #1 jumper.
Bowes in #1 scheer in #10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back