List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the intrusion guys.

Stringer has already been offered a large contract by the GC which he has already rejected.

Also you guys have interest in several of our midfielders. Hrovat, Jong, Stevens. This is all info from reliable posters on our board.

Hope you guys smash the **** out of whoever lands O'Meara. Don't think it's any great loss to you considering he can't get on the park.

Will be interesting to see if clubs are willing to fork out the 700k long term deal that he will be chasing, talented but geez such a huge risk though, surprised he didn't take the 2yr offer from GC then once that expired he should have considered a move

I'm not too worried we will have pick 4,5 (from Richmond) 8 or 9 from Melbourne and we have two academy kids that that are first rounders which we can bid for and not use our first round picks

Sorry for the intrusion guys.

Stringer has already been offered a large contract by the GC which he has already rejected.

Also you guys have interest in several of our midfielders. Hrovat, Jong, Stevens. This is all info from reliable posters on our board.

Hope you guys smash the **** out of whoever lands O'Meara. Don't think it's any great loss to you considering he can't get on the park.
Yeah, thats a logical way to look at it... no great loss, they did'nt even play in the same team for the last two years... but the main reason for my angst, and there are many, is that all us Suns supporters had a dream! It was that a supremely fit trio of Swallow, O'Meara and Prestia played 10 games in a row together in the best midfield in the comp... guys like Ablett and Rischa and Miller swapped in there, but Ablett was mainly up fwd turning crumbs from the most vaunted fwd line in the comp into 50 goals a season.. This also allowed our top ten draft picks and Bowes and Scheer to be developed properly... It allowed us to go after three more mature agers who could see what a great future we had and wanted to come here...
But none of that is ever going to happen now, and I dont know about most blokes on here but I've been dreaming about that for a long time... we were one pre season away... it was so close... Fu#k you Jaegar!

Yeah, thats a logical way to look at it... no great loss, they did'nt even play in the same team for the last two years... but the main reason for my angst, and there are many, is that all us Suns supporters had a dream! It was that a supremely fit trio of Swallow, O'Meara and Prestia played 10 games in a row together in the best midfield in the comp... guys like Ablett and Rischa and Miller swapped in there, but Ablett was mainly up fwd turning crumbs from the most vaunted fwd line in the comp into 50 goals a season.. This also allowed our top ten draft picks and Bowes and Scheer to be developed properly... It allowed us to go after three more mature agers who could see what a great future we had and wanted to come here...
But none of that is ever going to happen now, and I dont know about most blokes on here but I've been dreaming about that for a long time... we were one pre season away... it was so close... Fu#k you Jaegar!

I understand how difficult it is to lose key individuals from your football club. I will say that things can turn around very quickly and unexpectedly. Your spine is fantastic and you have a great platform to build off.

I think you guys should be able to manage to find some good players this offseason to keep progressing.

I understand how difficult it is to lose key individuals from your football club. I will say that things can turn around very quickly and unexpectedly. Your spine is fantastic and you have a great platform to build off.

I think you guys should be able to manage to find some good players this offseason to keep progressing.

Agree. We'd kill for GCS' spine.

Understand the disappointment but mids can be replaced. We lost Griffen, Higgins and Cooney (Our JOM) one season and made finals the next.

Just some perspective on Stringer swap talk. Would you trade your only quality fwd who is young and already an AA, for a bloke who plays a position you are loaded in and who hasn't played for two years and might be great??

Stevens and Jong are uncontracted and hard bodies. Mail is you guys are into Jong. Hrovat a leader, good ball user and also uncontracted and apparently GC have been into previously.

Clayton and Eade obviously have ties to the Dogs.

I'd imagine GCS and the Dogs do some dealing this year (although personally I hope we don't go near JOM - Cooney soured me on guns whose careers are trashed by chronic knees).

I think this pretty well sums it up. Does anybody know how many games we had Swallow, O'Meara, Prestia and Ablett all line up fit and firing?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quick poke.

How would you guys feel about Cunnington + Wagner for JOM?

Cunnington - former top 5 pick - B&F winner - experienced leader - established inside mid.
Wagner - QLD academy player.

Quick poke.

How would you guys feel about Cunnington + Wagner for JOM?

Cunnington - former top 5 pick - B&F winner - experienced leader - established inside mid.
Wagner - QLD academy player.

Not a hope in hell, mate. Sorry.
The only thing I can remember Cunnington for, was the time he dropped his knees into the back of Gaz. And if we were to sign him, I'd give The Suns a wide berth. I have no opinion of Wagner. Might be a good kid but we have enough of them and will be getting more this draft.

You'll need to come up with something better........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another option could be 2017 first round (we are predicted to slide hard next year) + Swallow.

Personally I don't think we would deal Swallow but I think he would be a good fit for you much in the same vein as Cunnington. Also he is a tackling machine.

I would also think that it would anchor Swallow jnr to GC and heavily minimise the risk of him leaving also?

Not sure just spit-ballin' here.

Another option could be 2017 first round (we are predicted to slide hard next year) + Swallow.

Personally I don't think we would deal Swallow but I think he would be a good fit for you much in the same vein as Cunnington. Also he is a tackling machine.

I would also think that it would anchor Swallow jnr to GC and heavily minimise the risk of him leaving also?

Not sure just spit-ballin' here.

That would be closer to the mark although the CEO came out yesterday in the Press and stated we don't want draft picks, we want like for like players.....

I think draft pick(s) + player(s) would be a good compromise however.

That would be closer to the mark although the CEO came out yesterday in the Press and stated we don't want draft picks, we want like for like players.....

I think draft pick(s) + player(s) would be a good compromise however.
I think it's pretty obvious that Cochrane and co. have looked at what GWS has been able to pull off at the trade table and know they need to do the same for the club to progress. GWS played hard ball at the trade table and it's paid off for them in a huge way.

Tom Boyd wants to leave? Acquire 28yo Ryan Griffen.
Taylor Adams wants to leave? Acquire 27yo Heath Shaw.

These are the kinds of trades the Suns are probably looking to pull off. We know the club currently has a fair amount of room in the salary cap so they can basically replicate exactly what the Giants did.

I think it's pretty obvious that Cochrane and co. have looked at what GWS has been able to pull off at the trade table and know they need to do the same for the club to progress. GWS played hard ball at the trade table and it's paid off for them in a huge way.

Tom Boyd wants to leave? Acquire 28yo Ryan Griffen.
Taylor Adams wants to leave? Acquire 27yo Heath Shaw.

These are the kinds of trades the Suns are probably looking to pull off. We know the club currently has a fair amount of room in the salary cap so they can basically replicate exactly what the Giants did.
JOM wants to leave? Acquire 29yo Andrew Swallow?

We will be looking at any youngish mids who are just outside a club's best 22 because of the quality of the midfield.
Hrovat in particular fits that bill since he does not get a game that often since you have a few similar size players that are currently better.

The hardest part will be getting a player to come.
We will be able to offer more $ and playing time to a player than any other club but most of the time that is not enough.
We have the picks to give, easily enough.

PS. No doubt we asked about Stringer, just as we did about Fyfe. No doubt it got shot down pretty quickly, as well.

Cochrene stated an elite player, Goldstein is the 2nd best ruck in the game so he fits the bill, swallow doesn't neither does Cunnington
Goldstein / Tarrant / Ziebell / Brown are untouchable, they won't be going anywhere.
Some could argue that if you're a B&F winner then you could be seen as elite. Of which, both Swallow and Cunnington are.

Was hoping Jaeger would stay but I'm not surprised. We need to maximise the currency we get for him and go back to the draft. We will have to look at the very best mature midfield options we can but at the end of the day I'm not losing my s**t like most because I've never thought he'll get back to anywhere near what he was. Sell him while he's still got value. I believe he may know he won't be as good again either hence not delaying a move to Melbourne by another 2 years by staying with us.

It all looks awful now but let's calm down because if there's anything life has taught me there's always a huge positive that comes from every s**t situation. So I'll sit here with baited breath seeing who we get and how we handle this. Sticking fat with this bloody club no matter how bad it gets. And yes, Bowes gets the #1 jumper.
Absolutely 110%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back