List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a long 8 weeks until the trade period is over. Seemingly every club board on here has someone who knows a guy who says O'Meara has indicated he wants to be traded to their club. This isn't improved by visiting the main board where the QLD teams are 100% at fault for their players wanting out, we are both run by inept boards and have terrible cultures etc etc.

Best of luck weathering this silly season!

Will be a long 8 weeks until the trade period is over. Seemingly every club board on here has someone who knows a guy who says O'Meara has indicated he wants to be traded to their club. This isn't improved by visiting the main board where the QLD teams are 100% at fault for their players wanting out, we are both run by inept boards and have terrible cultures etc etc.

Best of luck weathering this silly season!
Assuming you have seen post above, do you think Rockliff is likely to be at the Lions next year?

Assuming you have seen post above, do you think Rockliff is likely to be at the Lions next year?

Personally, I would say so, simply due to us needing as much experience as possible with our young list.

I wouldn't be against him moving on, as he seems to be a bit divisive and that isn't ideal for where our club is currently.

Sorry for jumping in guys but was thinking of this trade.
Clearly you will be gaining a lot of first rounders this year so maybe add another one.

Bulldogs first rounder pick 12-14 (depending on this weekend) Dogs third rounder
For
Gold Coast 2 or 3 second rounders

Means you would have up to 4-5 first rounders this year
Why are you after 2nd rounders?

Rockliff?

Already lives here
Right age
Hard player

Might hate the club but who doesn't Amirite
I certainly rate home but Couldn't do that to the Lions, haven't the AFL already ****ed them enough, we should be supporting each other

Im still thinking that:
Hawks 2016 first, Howe, Litherland and WhiteX is a good trade for both parties. pick 15 will be useful. get a good young mid in howe, another hbf to help saad and WhiteX for leadership and experience he is also a dangerous fwd and a steadier down back
I have seen worst tbh. At the very least I would like Whitecross at the club, QLD lad and we need more of those blokes around.

We did, Dixon, Smith
Dixon was damaged goods and Smith just couldn't seem to get it together for us.

I like the new kids coming through though with Joyce, Bowes and Scheer. Whitecross would be a decent get with being in that Hawthorn culture and still gets a game so he must have some quality on field. Won't cost much with salary I imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you after 2nd rounders?
Because the draft is pretty even from 10-30 and like last year we traded our first rounder to carlton for 2 second rounders.
Seeing if we can make this happen again since Gold Coast would net 5 first rounders this year.

Is there a grand plan for all those picks inside the top 35, specifically the second round options? I'm guessing mature bodied, experienced players being traded in but is there a scope for how many you expect to bring in?

Any potential targets you are keeping an eye on?
I want barlow

Is there a grand plan for all those picks inside the top 35, specifically the second round options? I'm guessing mature bodied, experienced players being traded in but is there a scope for how many you expect to bring in?

Any potential targets you are keeping an eye on?
I imagine the first few would be used on Brad Scheer as he is likely to go around the 15 mark. Other than that I am not sure, hopefully ontraded for some more mature bodies.

So I have been drawn like a moth to a flame to the Jaeger thread on the draft board, feeling a little like a man lost in floggdom but a point keeps coming up that has some real relevance and that is we have asked for an elite player in return but who is going to want to come to the club. It's a very good point

In the Melbourne media we have been portrayed as a complete basket case and our history is poor, players want out and we are talking about getting an elite player, 2 and 2 in this case do not make 4, not sure what the answer is but I think the club is being unrealistic which is an ongoing trait and if we go into the trade period as poorly prepared as we were for Jaegers news we are going to get ****ed over.

I can see it now, we say we want player X and player X saying no way am I going to the GC, where does that leave us.

potential option is get some picks for next years draft and if and I mean if we have a good year next year players may be more open to coming, if so we on trade the picks. Thoughts?

So I have been drawn like a moth to a flame to the Jaeger thread on the draft board, feeling a little like a man lost in floggdom but a point keeps coming up that has some real relevance and that is we have asked for an elite player in return but who is going to want to come to the club. It's a very good point

In the Melbourne media we have been portrayed as a complete basket case and our history is poor, players want out and we are talking about getting an elite player, 2 and 2 in this case do not make 4, not sure what the answer is but I think the club is being unrealistic which is an ongoing trait and if we go into the trade period as poorly prepared as we were for Jaegers news we are going to get stuffed over.

I can see it now, we say we want player X and player X saying no way am I going to the GC, where does that leave us.

potential option is get some picks for next years draft and if and I mean if we have a good year next year players may be more open to coming, if so we on trade the picks. Thoughts?
From what i've read. Next year's draft is supposed to be a really good one. I know that get's said all the time but it could mean teams hold onto picks more. I think pick 10 this year is worth more than a pick 5 last year so it might improve again next year.

The club really need to sell the "spine" to victorian players. Get Lynch and May to talk with players and sell the club. Show them the Comm games facilities. Show potential midfielders the chance they will get to play in a starting midfield. Show players such as a Cotchin that might not like the Victoria media how easier it is on the GC. Oh and show them the money!!

I just had a quick think for a couple of mins while I watch WC pick apart the Crows and thought of some fringe/mature midfielders we may have a look at heading into next season. Not to say we will pick up any or all of them but some options I think we should really explore.

Brendon Ah Chee- P.A
Nathan Hrovat- W.B
Brendan Whitecross- Haw
Michael Barlow- Fre
Cam Ellis Yolman- Ade
Brandon Ellis - Rich
Lin Jong - W.B

All easily obtainable and relatively cheapish would give us a few harder bodies in the midfield. Anyone else you guys and girls can think of that would fall in the same category?

I just had a quick think for a couple of mins while I watch WC pick apart the Crows and thought of some fringe/mature midfielders we may have a look at heading into next season. Not to say we will pick up any or all of them but some options I think we should really explore.

Brendon Ah Chee- P.A
Nathan Hrovat- W.B
Brendan Whitecross- Haw
Michael Barlow- Fre
Cam Ellis Yolman- Ade
Brandon Ellis - Rich
Lin Jong - W.B

All easily obtainable and relatively cheapish would give us a few harder bodies in the midfield. Anyone else you guys and girls can think of that would fall in the same category?

Was thinking Jong would be a good pickup also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back