List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If by the end of this trade period we still have list cloggers like Matera, Shaw, and Brooksby on our list, yet pass on Ah Chee and Barlow, I'm going to personally send a signed box of fecal matter to Ashcroft's home.

Exactly. I'll even mix my s**t in with yours for extra potency.

copy and paste plz
ESSENDON is plotting to undermine Hawthorn’s pursuit of Jaeger O’Meara by offering Gold Coast a mega-pick deal.

The Bombers could snare O’Meara in the pre-season draft for nothing, but they are considering tabling a package which would include next year’s first-round selection and two second-round picks to blow the Hawks out of the water.

The sting is the Essendon offer is similar to the deal Hawthorn last week made for St Kilda’s pick 10, which the Herald Sun learnt would have strongly tempted the Suns if the Hawks had made the same deal to them.

The Hawks have yet to officially present an offer for O’Meara less than three days out from the trade deadline.

Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson flew to the Gold Coast on Friday to speak with the 22-year-old.

Essendon’s interest could force the Hawks to up their impending offer for O’Meara after vice-captain Jordan Lewis formally requested a trade to Melbourne, which follows Sam Mitchell’s stunning departure last week.

Essendon’s issue is convincing O’Meara to come to the club, but the Bombers have been hopeful for some time that the star youngster could get to them.

The Hawks had been working to present the Suns with pick No.10 - which they received from the Saints - and pick No.21 they hoped they would get from Brisbane for Billy Hartung and Brendan Whitecross.

But the deal for No.21 was scuppered when the Lions said no on Monday.

It means the Hawks were still scrambling to put together a deal which will satisfy the Suns for O’Meara.

The Herald Sun understands even if the Hawks offered picks No.10 and 21, the Suns wouldn’t have viewed that deal as the clincher.

The Essendon offer, in part, would include the return pick on Michael Hibberd who is set to also join the Demons.
The Bombers want Melbourne’s second-round pick this year, but the Demons are angling for next year’s second-round pick for the exchange.

Suns officials said on Monday night they remained intrigued as to how the Hawks could possibly satisfy them in a trade.

The list of “six to eight players” Hawthorn presented to Gold Coast as bait on the opening day of the trade period did little to excite the Queensland club.

Hawthorn gave up its first-round pick next year and two second-round selections this year - No.23 and 36 - to secure the Saints’ pick No.10 and 68 in a deal one leading player manager described as one of the worst he had seen.

If by the end of this trade period we still have list cloggers like Matera, Shaw, and Brooksby on our list, yet pass on Ah Chee and Barlow, I'm going to personally send a signed box of fecal matter to Ashcroft's home.
If i remember correctly, someone said that the club decided to keep on Shaw after his development in the last few rounds and Rosa will be working with him. Matera is contracted which makes it hard to move him on without a lot of interest. Brooksby surely could be delisted or traded if we get Witts.

Schade, Matera, Shaw, Brooksby - send these s**t campaigners packing and get some proper players in. If we could swap these four wingnuts for Barlow, Hanley, Ah Chee, and Lyons, then that's a fantastic result. Hell, I'd be happy with Witts if we got rid of Brooksby (how he got upgraded to the seniors is just ******* baffling).

If i remember correctly, someone said that the club decided to keep on Shaw after his development in the last few rounds and Rosa will be working with him. Matera is contracted which makes it hard to move him on without a lot of interest. Brooksby surely could be delisted or traded if we get Witts.
Shaw kinda makes sense. Matera doesn't even seem to be getting shopped around - even a straight swap with Freo: Ballas for Matera. Win/win. Brooksby should be delisted.

Shaw kinda makes sense. Matera doesn't even seem to be getting shopped around - even a straight swap with Freo: Ballas for Matera. Win/win. Brooksby should be delisted.
no way do we get Balla, we need open spaces for draftees - Matera to Freo, Balla to WC and WC future 3rd coming to us

I think most rumours GC fans are believing are coming from Twitter or other BF posters. I mean i would love Barlow but i thought it was pretty much confirmed he would only go to Victoria if he left. Lyons is hard to get because he could be in the Gibbs trade it's hard to know where he stands. Ah Chee might not be much of an improvement on a draftee even if he is mature. Ashcroft likes to keep his mouth shut so it's so hard to tell what players are options or not. Remember last year the Rosa trade and the Melbourne swap of picks came out of nowhere.

I really don't understand why everyone on this board is so against signing senior players. Senior experienced players are what makes a club great. It's what makes GWS a better club that us - among other things. It was the senior players in the Doggies that won them the premiership. It's the senior bodies that won Hawthorn's 3peat.

Players like Malceski, Ballas, Barlow, Gaz, Richa, Harbrow, Tippett, Rosa, Stevie J, Armitage - all players we could have playing together if we had a ******* sensible list manager - would get us into finals. Not only would we make it into finals, but we'd actually have a chance of winning rather than getting raped ala Richmond style, and we'd allow for further development of our younger players.

Rosa to train Shaw, Malceski to train KK, Stevie J to train our small forwards, etc.

We keep drafting young players and try blooding them early, and all it does is cause long term injuries, then they get sick of losing all the time and ask for a trade.

If we had signed senior experienced players a few years ago, we'd have made finals and Dion and Jaeger would still be with us.

I really don't understand why everyone on this board is so against signing senior players. Senior experienced players are what makes a club great. It's what makes GWS a better club that us - among other things. It was the senior players in the Doggies that won them the premiership. It's the senior bodies that won Hawthorn's 3peat.

Players like Malceski, Ballas, Barlow, Gaz, Richa, Harbrow, Tippett, Rosa, Stevie J, Armitage - all players we could have playing together if we had a ******* sensible list manager - would get us into finals. Not only would we make it into finals, but we'd actually have a chance of winning rather than getting raped ala Richmond style, and we'd allow for further development of our younger players.

Rosa to train Shaw, Malceski to train KK, Stevie J to train our small forwards, etc.

We keep drafting young players and try blooding them early, and all it does is cause long term injuries, then they get sick of losing all the time and ask for a trade.

If we had signed senior experienced players a few years ago, we'd have made finals and Dion and Jaeger would still be with us.
The problem is players don't want to come here. Rightly or wrongly. We've seen recently that we had a crack at Bruest, T.Mitchell, Shiels, Lewis and Jong. All are good players. The club is having a crack it's just hard to get players that have been playing in GF to a club that in the media, doesn't seem to be going well.

The problem is players don't want to come here. Rightly or wrongly. We've seen recently that we had a crack at Bruest, T.Mitchell, Shiels, Lewis and Jong. All are good players. The club is having a crack it's just hard to get players that have been playing in GF to a club that in the media, doesn't seem to be going well.
I wouldn't really call Bruest, Mitchell, Sheils, or Jong senior players though. I'm talking about players with less than 4 years left of their career, like Stevie J. If we were serious, we would be able to convince them. Players in those circumstances want to set themselves up for retirement, and we're a perfect option.

I think most rumours GC fans are believing are coming from Twitter or other BF posters. I mean i would love Barlow but i thought it was pretty much confirmed he would only go to Victoria if he left. Lyons is hard to get because he could be in the Gibbs trade it's hard to know where he stands. Ah Chee might not be much of an improvement on a draftee even if he is mature. Ashcroft likes to keep his mouth shut so it's so hard to tell what players are options or not. Remember last year the Rosa trade and the Melbourne swap of picks came out of nowhere.
We crossed out Barlow.. it was more a wait and see from Ashcroft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't really call Bruest, Mitchell, Sheils, or Jong senior players though. I'm talking about players with less than 4 years left of their career, like Stevie J. If we were serious, we would be able to convince them. Players in those circumstances want to set themselves up for retirement, and we're a perfect option.
I think we are gun shy on those types of players after Malceski not performing the way we would want. You never know, Shaw and Stevie J could have failed up here with all our injuries. I mean. Johnson is surrounded with guns the delivery was excellent each week. Here our midfield deliver was always injured.

ESSENDON is plotting to undermine Hawthorn’s pursuit of Jaeger O’Meara by offering Gold Coast a mega-pick deal.

The Bombers could snare O’Meara in the pre-season draft for nothing, but they are considering tabling a package which would include next year’s first-round selection and two second-round picks to blow the Hawks out of the water.

The sting is the Essendon offer is similar to the deal Hawthorn last week made for St Kilda’s pick 10, which the Herald Sun learnt would have strongly tempted the Suns if the Hawks had made the same deal to them.

The Hawks have yet to officially present an offer for O’Meara less than three days out from the trade deadline.

Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson flew to the Gold Coast on Friday to speak with the 22-year-old.

Essendon’s interest could force the Hawks to up their impending offer for O’Meara after vice-captain Jordan Lewis formally requested a trade to Melbourne, which follows Sam Mitchell’s stunning departure last week.

Essendon’s issue is convincing O’Meara to come to the club, but the Bombers have been hopeful for some time that the star youngster could get to them.

The Hawks had been working to present the Suns with pick No.10 - which they received from the Saints - and pick No.21 they hoped they would get from Brisbane for Billy Hartung and Brendan Whitecross.

But the deal for No.21 was scuppered when the Lions said no on Monday.

It means the Hawks were still scrambling to put together a deal which will satisfy the Suns for O’Meara.

The Herald Sun understands even if the Hawks offered picks No.10 and 21, the Suns wouldn’t have viewed that deal as the clincher.

The Essendon offer, in part, would include the return pick on Michael Hibberd who is set to also join the Demons.
The Bombers want Melbourne’s second-round pick this year, but the Demons are angling for next year’s second-round pick for the exchange.

Suns officials said on Monday night they remained intrigued as to how the Hawks could possibly satisfy them in a trade.

The list of “six to eight players” Hawthorn presented to Gold Coast as bait on the opening day of the trade period did little to excite the Queensland club.

Hawthorn gave up its first-round pick next year and two second-round selections this year - No.23 and 36 - to secure the Saints’ pick No.10 and 68 in a deal one leading player manager described as one of the worst he had seen.
So this is pick 20 and 29 for this year, that would give us 6 picks between 20 and 30... baring in mind not many good players actually want to come here.. WTF are we going to do with all those picks... I guess we could trade picks 6 and 8... and use all those seconds for Bowes and Scheer and Lyons and a couple of others.. but what do we trade 6 and 8 with.. be perfect if it was for pick 1 but that's dealing with Essendon again... maybe that's the deal... we end up with 1 and 4... 3 second rounders for Bowes and Scheer and three more for Lyons and Hanley. .. it means we are only after 6 players... hopefully get Williams as well...

So this is pick 20 and 29 for this year, that would give us 6 picks between 20 and 30... baring in mind not many good players actually want to come here.. WTF are we going to do with all those picks... I guess we could trade picks 6 and 8... and use all those seconds for Bowes and Scheer and Lyons and a couple of others.. but what do we trade 6 and 8 with.. be perfect if it was for pick 1 but that's dealing with Essendon again... maybe that's the deal... we end up with 1 and 4... 3 second rounders for Bowes and Scheer and three more for Lyons and Hanley. .. it means we are only after 6 players... hopefully get Williams as well...
I agree it's a lot of picks and it wouldn't make a bunch of sense - but the main upside I feel is that if they offer us this deal, Hawks will have to genuinely put forward a decent offer and we can get this trade over and done with. If Hawks up their offer and we get what we want, great! If they don't, we get a future first which will be great to have come 2017 draft time

I agree it's a lot of picks and it wouldn't make a bunch of sense - but the main upside I feel is that if they offer us this deal, Hawks will have to genuinely put forward a decent offer and we can get this trade over and done with. If Hawks up their offer and we get what we want, great! If they don't, we get a future first which will be great to have come 2017 draft time
I'm getting a bit worried about Hawthorn, unless they trade out one of their top players like Gunston for a first rounder, how can they top the Essendon deal and if they do trade out someone like JG, the supporters might burn the joint down..

One problem, you have to get JOM to agree to it. Right now, you can write your own odds about that.

I've only got one question, What do all the Hawthorn fans who changed their profile pictures to ones with O'Meara shopped in a Hawks jersey do if he doesn't go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back