Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

St Pauls

All Australian
Jul 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Over the last few years we have managed to grab some great trades for players with lower picks or ever as DFA or through the rookie draft. Examples of these have been Timmy Membrey, Mav Weller and Josh Bruce.

I wanted to open up the thread for predictions of who we will bring in this year that will turn out to be a hidden gem. This can be through trade, DFA or rookie listing but shouldn't be big name trade targets. I made a list of a few options but feel free to suggest other lesser know names.

A couple more names to put out there:

- Kaiden Brand (OOC)
- Jack Leslie (OOC)
- Brandon Ah Chee (OOC)

Some sources say 191 others say 194.
If you're good enough you're tall enough IMO, especially as he won't be the number 1 back (we've got 200cm Jakey and 197cm-odd Hughey G developing for that). Can play the Dempster/Fisher role and absolutely hates being beaten. Played well on Tom Boyd in the Champs a few years ago too where Boyd was dominating everyone (mainly due to size). I like him.

Just for those who have no idea of Jeremy Finlayson's size & physique, here's a pic of him standing next to Marchbank & Ahern (with some rent-a-crowd bloke as well)

He's got the physique to be a tall & very strong kid in a few years

813738_thumb_326x184.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm warming to the idea of Leslie. Watched a bit of his game on Patton this year and looked pretty good.

He is a former pick 20 and could offer a bit of back up in the ruck.

He is OOC and a Gippsland boy and probably wouldn't cost that much. Feel like he would be at home with Members and JWebb.

I'm warming to the idea of Leslie. Watched a bit of his game on Patton this year and looked pretty good.

He is a former pick 20 and could offer a bit of back up in the ruck.

He is OOC and a Gippsland boy and probably wouldn't cost that much. Feel like he would be at home with Members and JWebb.

Members is from Gippy but why J-Web? He's from Tassie?

Members is from Gippy but why J-Web? He's from Tassie?
Just the whole country boy, pig shooting kind of thing.

Hopefully the success of guys like Membrey, Bruce and Weller will help lure guys like Finlayson and Leslie.

I really have great confidence in our talent identification and player development over the last few years. I feel like if we get one of these players that could turn into best 22 players.

Just for those who have no idea of Jeremy Finlayson's size & physique, here's a pic of him standing next to Marchbank & Ahern (with some rent-a-crowd bloke as well)

He's got the physique to be a tall & very strong kid in a few years

813738_thumb_326x184.jpg
Just out of curiosity, apart from stuff on BF, has the club actually been linked to Don Finlayson is any way?

Back