2016 trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

There is some overvalueing of Weller here.
Anyway he won't be coming to hawthorn so no point mentioning him.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Overvalued? So because people agree that he's worth more than Hawthorn garbage he's overvalued?

with connor ballenden looming as a likely top 5 pick in the 2017 draft, would it be advantageous or even possible for us to trade our 2017 1st round pick for a high pick or 2 in this years draft?

i would assume that most of the AFL industry would think we will finish in the bottom 2-3 in 2017.

my reasoning for this- with connor a possibility of being bid on very early we would likely have to use our 1st pick to match (if we finished above 18th in 2017) anyway, so would prefer we used lower picks to match than a high first round pick.

purely hypothetical, involving players currently uncontracted for 2017.

lewy taylor + 2017 1st round for carlton 2016 1st round, currently pick 5 + 2nd round, currently pick 23.

dizzy gardner + 2017 1st round & 2nd round for gold coast 2016 1st round picks, currently 4 & 8.
I would think GCS would seriously consider trading out of 2016 for 2017. If they get good picks for O'Meara and Prestia, they'll have a LOT of picks (8 in the first two rounds). But Bowes bid could stuff the value of the early ones. Trading #4 for Brisbane's 2017 first (with maybe some other swaps for the risk they're taking) might be very valuable to them.

Freo don't have the trade goods to get either Hill or McCarthy. So it's curious why they are talking to either party. Either they have a plan or they are the most incompetent footy department in the game. You won't get much for Hill, you certainly won't get their first no matter how many NQR players you chuck in.
They have #3. That could become a combined trade. Such as...
I think they will end up trading pick 3 for McCarthy and a couple of picks coming back then off load one of those for Hill and keep a first rounder somehow. If GWS do want pick one a four way trade between Essedon, Hawthorn, Freo and GWS could happen.

Essedon give: 3rd rounder and pick 1
Get: Tomlinson and pick 3

hawthorn give: Hill
Get: Geelongs first

GWS give: 1st rounder, Geelong's first rounder, McCarthy and Tomlinson
Get: Pick 1, Essedon 3rd rounder, Freo 3rd and 4th rounders

Freo get: Hill, Mcarthy, GWS first rounder
Give: pick 3 and 3rd and 4th rounders

Obviously this won't happen and I probably undervalue the Tomlinson who I don't rate and McCarthy who's damaged goods but something along these lines could possibly work
I don't think Tomlinson would be seen as a need by Essendon (maybe if Hurley left), and I don't think given his age and struggles to get into the GWS side he's worth almost 1200 points even if we were. But I do think you're overall concept has value.

There is some overvalueing of Weller here.
Anyway he won't be coming to hawthorn so no point mentioning him.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Overvaluing?

You don't have to be a Fremantle supporter to know Weller's trade value is still around the pick he was drafted at. It wouldn't be sticking my neck out to say he'll be a gun sooner enough.

Well
Freo don't have the trade goods to get either Hill or McCarthy. So it's curious why they are talking to either party. Either they have a plan or they are the most incompetent footy department in the game. You won't get much for Hill, you certainly won't get their first no matter how many NQR players you chuck in.
Overvalued? So because people agree that he's worth more than Hawthorn garbage he's overvalued?
sorry I'm a bit confused this so called "Gabbage" (Bradley Hill) has won the same amount of premierships as Freo have won games this season. To think your calling him garbage! Slightly hypercritical

Well

sorry I'm a bit confused this so called "Gabbage" (Bradley Hill) has won the same amount of premierships as Freo have won games this season. To think your calling him garbage! Slightly hypercritical

It doesn't matter how many flags he's won, it doesn't make him a better player.

Well

Hill is overrated!
skills arent that good and just waits for the outside ball, doesnt apply any pressure
WTF has the bolded got to do with anything? He certainly didnt do anything to help those sides.....

also, it's Garbage, not Gabbage....:oops:

Would Gws accept Ahern, Marchbank and Collingwoods first pick for Pick 1?
I think Marchbank is a very good player, Ahern has potential and pick 7 would net Andrew McGrath or Ben Ainsworth I think.
Does Essendon supporters think Marchbank, Ahern and McGrath/ Ainsworth is a good bounty for pick one?
Does GWS supporters think that is too much to give up?

The draft period is ages away. We still need to see what sort of compo we get for guys leaving our club. To keep stating we only have pick 3 and 39 is a constant annoying reference posters make.
Once we know our compo picks then we could make some complete reshuffling of picks for points.
It wouldn't surprise me if we land a couple of late 2nd or early 3rd and upgrade them or turn pick 3 into 2 top 20 picks.
Plus we have future picks.
The posters who keep saying we don't have anything to play with have no idea.

Look I'm not saying freo have no trade capital what so ever , but if you are holding your breathe that freo will get a 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder for mayne and zac Clarke or whoever else you're thinking then you are gonna be bitterly disappointed.

I think Marchbank is a very good player, Ahern has potential and pick 7 would net Andrew McGrath or Ben Ainsworth I think.
Does Essendon supporters think Marchbank, Ahern and McGrath/ Ainsworth is a good bounty for pick one?
That would be a steal for Essendon, you get two young talents AFL ready and a gun draftee in a very even top 3-10 or so.

Well

Martin Pike won four flags. How do you rate him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think that this will happen, but does that Hill For Blakely in a straight swap look about right?

No chance, would would have to flick something back their way (probably pick 19/Hibberd pick).

Look I'm not saying freo have no trade capital what so ever , but if you are holding your breathe that freo will get a 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder for mayne and zac Clarke or whoever else you're thinking then you are gonna be bitterly disappointed.

Not thinking anything other then pick 3 and 39 isn't all we'll have.
Thanks anyway for your prior warning and for giving Shultz that extra year.

Overvaluing?

You don't have to be a Fremantle supporter to know Weller's trade value is still around the pick he was drafted at. It wouldn't be sticking my neck out to say he'll be a gun sooner enough.
First off relax.

Okay now...

I agree 100% Cringle, my comment was more in reference to a straight swap favouring hawthorn by a long way. (as per the few post before mine)

After reading Dez!'s reply maybe it's more a hill thing then a Weller thing that's creating this discrepancy.

But boy did blood boil! Hahaha.

Hill is overrated!
skills arent that good and just waits for the outside ball, doesnt apply any pressure
WTF has the bolded got to do with anything? He certainly didnt do anything to help those sides.....

also, it's Garbage, not Gabbage....:oops:
some people have valid points but this is seemingly just a rant. His skills is what makeshim valuable. puts the ball on the chests of the forwards every time.
Waits for the outside ball... Thats his job. He's light and quick and gets the outside ball and into space so he can hit good targets.
You've got a point with the pressure as it's not his primary role in the team, he could definitely improve on that but it seems he's been getting better with that over the past month. And your right, Premierships don't make you a better player. but to be able to stay in what is obviously a very strong team for 3 years shows he has what it takes.
Saying he didn't do anything to help those sides is garbage. I'm sorry for my rant. Yes, he's ain't no magician but he's still a very good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back