List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it? Not if he plays like he did in 2015

He'll still be a better player than White or Wagner if he plays like he did in 2015.

Better defensively, better in the contest and better skills.

Need Hibberd, modern game is built around rebounding defense to offense. A player like Hibberd would immensely improve our scoring ability and reduce the amount we get choked in our defensive 50 from an opposition's forward press.
This. The days of a position-base back 6 set up are gone. Don't fret over like for like replacements, we need a back 6 that can a) kick the ball well b) break lines and c) play transition. Defending can be taught to anyone.

He'll still be a better player than White or Wagner if he plays like he did in 2015.

Better defensively, better in the contest and better skills.

I disagree, go back and watch his games in 2015. He turned the ball over constantly and he didn't tackle.

You guys are going to be in for a shock if he doesn't get back to his 2014 best, and let's face it, not many sportspeople around the world get back to their best after been found guilty of being a drug cheat.

We've already blown a good pick on one of the drug cheats, ffs Melbourne, don't do it again

I disagree, go back and watch his games in 2015. He turned the ball over constantly and he didn't tackle.

You guys are going to be in for a shock if he doesn't get back to his 2014 best, and let's face it, not many sportspeople around the world get back to their best after been found guilty of being a drug cheat.

We've already blown a good pick on one of the drug cheats, ffs Melbourne, don't do it again

I seem to remember Crameri playing bloody well for the dogs, Monfries playing good at the power etc
So the crux of your post is if he is s**t then your right because he is s**t

Players like Melksham and Hibberd will improve the side for their experience more than anything else. We're not going to win games with Wagner, Hunt, Salem, and OMac rotating around that back 6. Get in Melksham and Hibberd (and Hurley) and that's another 300-400 games.

I seem to remember Crameri playing bloody well for the dogs, Monfries playing good at the power etc
So the crux of your post is if he is s**t then your right because he is s**t

Do you actually think before you post?

Did Crameri and Monfries play well before or after they were banned for one year after being found guilty of being a drug cheat? It's not that hard

What is wrong with you? Why do you have to be an absolute a-hole when discussing different points of view? Clearly our opinions are different about this, which is fine. I argue my position and you should do the same, yet all you do is make pathetic personal comments. Your argument is basically 'you're s**t'.

How old are you? You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution, act like it.

Players like Melksham and Hibberd will improve the side for their experience more than anything else. We're not going to win games with Wagner, Hunt, Salem, and OMac rotating around that back 6. Get in Melksham and Hibberd (and Hurley) and that's another 300-400 games.

How do you propose we get Hurley on top of Hibberd?

For some reason there seems to be the belief on this board that Melksham and Hibberd are going to be the saviours of our defense and that they're going to instantly make us a finals side. The 2015 version of both players won't do it.

We should look at packaging our picks and going after another first rounder via an academy club, like we did last year. This draft is going to be a beauty, it would be disastrous to waste a good pick on a 27 year old with question marks over him. We already wasted a good pick on Milkshake

As for experience, Hibberd has only played 84 games, hasn't even cracked a century. That's hardly an improvement for experience.

Did Crameri and Monfries play well before or after they were banned for one year after being found guilty of being a drug cheat? It's not that hard

What is wrong with you? Why do you have to be an absolute a-hole when discussing different points of view? Clearly our opinions are different about this, which is fine. I argue my position and you should do the same, yet all you do is make pathetic personal comments. Your argument is basically 'you're s**t'.

How old are you? You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution, act like it.

a-hole comments countered with pompous condescension ......... this is going to ramp up fast......

Yet, he still performed better than any other flanker we currently have.

Well, one way or another in a bit over 12 months time I reckon there will be some bumping of posts :D

My 0.02 - Melksham and Hibberd aren't superstars, but they'll definitely improve our defence (Especially Hibberd). It should also allow Salem and Hunt to play on the wings, which gives us more pace and skill going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you propose we get Hurley on top of Hibberd?

For some reason there seems to be the belief on this board that Melksham and Hibberd are going to be the saviours of our defense and that they're going to instantly make us a finals side. The 2015 version of both players won't do it.

We should look at packaging our picks and going after another first rounder via an academy club, like we did last year. This draft is going to be a beauty, it would be disastrous to waste a good pick on a 27 year old with question marks over him. We already wasted a good pick on Milkshake

As for experience, Hibberd has only played 84 games, hasn't even cracked a century. That's hardly an improvement for experience.
It's really hard not to cry myself to sleep knowing that we lost out on superstars like Alex Morgan and Ryan Clarke because of the Melksham trade.

Word is we're after Hurley next year. So we'd either get him as a FA or with out 2017 first rounder.

I don't know why you add 'found guilty of being a drug cheat ' like it makes it so much more unlikely that he will play good footy again

How about missing a year with stress fractures or doing an ACL .. you know real physical impacts on your ability to train like Petracca missing all of last year and still looking like a future superstar this year
Nathan Krakouer walked away from AFL for 4 years and then just rolled back in and got games for port adelaide and is playing pretty well

The only personal vendetta seems to be you against the Essendon blokes

Do you actually think before you post?How old are you? You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution, act like it.
How dare you impose your science on us! Didn't you watch #qanda last night? This is a Christian country!

Not in 2016, and by next year our youngerplayets will be even better.

But the chance that Hibberd gets back to his best is remote

The chances of Hibberd returning to his best are not remote, they're completely unknown. There is as much chance that a year off to refresh mentally and physically coupled with a change of scenery where he can leave the baggage of the ASADA drama behind him, will see him back to top form. Or maybe that year off will see him left behind by the competition. Same for Hurley. We don't know. You don't know.

I don't know why you add 'found guilty of being a drug cheat ' like it makes it so much more unlikely that he will play good footy again

It's very relevant, or at the least it could be. All that I'm saying is that it's something that needs to be considered.
You look at international athletes around the world who are found guilty from being a drug cheat. Look at their records after they serve their suspension, not many get back to their best form, it's rare that any go on and improve themselves.

I really don't know why you get so angry just because I'm offering a different opinion. The majority of people think it's a great idea, I'm trying to provide an alternate argument, that is all, there is no need to act like a * knuckle. I may be wrong, I accept that no problems, but I don't think it's as clear cut as everyone is making it out to be. Essendon were still ordinary with Hurley and Hibberd both playing at their absolute best, why do we think that they will instantly make us a finals team?

The chances of Hibberd returning to his best are not remote, they're completely unknown. There is as much chance that a year off to refresh mentally and physically coupled with a change of scenery where he can leave the baggage of the ASADA drama behind him, will see him back to top form. Or maybe that year off will see him left behind by the competition. Same for Hurley. We don't know. You don't know.

True, this is the first time we've experienced this in the AFL so it's a massive unknown, which needs to be taken into account. Do you agree?

What we can do though is look at athletes from other sports who are in a similar situation. It's pretty rare for an athlete to return from their sport and improve on their earlier form, most come back and never get back to their best. Sure there's a handful that do but most don't.

It's really hard not to cry myself to sleep knowing that we lost out on superstars like Alex Morgan and Ryan Clarke because of the Melksham trade.

Word is we're after Hurley next year. So we'd either get him as a FA or with out 2017 first rounder.

We're not going to know what we missed out on for at least a couple of seasons. How has Milkshake gone so far?

Our first pick in 2017 for Hurley? Try suggesting that to Essendon fans. He is worth much more than that, we would have to give up a top 10 player to get him.

It's very relevant, or at the least it could be. All that I'm saying is that it's something that needs to be considered.
You look at international athletes around the world who are found guilty from being a drug cheat. Look at their records after they serve their suspension, not many get back to their best form, it's rare that any go on and improve themselves.

I really don't know why you get so angry just because I'm offering a different opinion. The majority of people think it's a great idea, I'm trying to provide an alternate argument, that is all, there is no need to act like a **** knuckle. I may be wrong, I accept that no problems, but I don't think it's as clear cut as everyone is making it out to be. Essendon were still ordinary with Hurley and Hibberd both playing at their absolute best, why do we think that they will instantly make us a finals team?

That's because they are on performance enhancing drugs .. get caught and then they aren't on performance enhancing drugs
Essendons players haven't been on anything since 2012 which means you have 3 seasons of data since

Now in the paragraph above me you suggest we should go after Hurley? Surely his career is in decline aswell being a drug cheat and all

You said he was good in 2014 as a clean athlete then there is no reason he can't get back to that in 2017
Who's getting angry and personal lol you called me a * knuckle an arsehole questioned my intelligence while I don't remember making a single personal comment
Harden up champ

That's because they are on performance enhancing drugs .. get caught and then they aren't on performance enhancing drugs
Essendons players haven't been on anything since 2012 which means you have 3 seasons of data since

Now in the paragraph above me you suggest we should go after Hurley? Surely his career is in decline aswell being a drug cheat and all

You said he was good in 2014 as a clean athlete then there is no reason he can't get back to that in 2017
Who's getting angry and personal lol you called me a **** knuckle an arsehole questioned my intelligence while I don't remember making a single personal comment
Harden up champ

Really? You've made it personal from the start.

I'm referring to whether he will be able to get back to his best mentally, not physically.

Hurley is a much better player and even though it would be a risk i think it would be worth it. I doubt that we would be able to satisfy Essendon with a trade though.

Really? You've made it personal from the start.

I'm referring to whether he will be able to get back to his best mentally, not physically.

Hurley is a much better player and even though it would be a risk i think it would be worth it. I doubt that we would be able to satisfy Essendon with a trade though.

He's spend a year travelling around Europe and holidaying .. i have no doubt they will come back better than they were last year next year
Ask any AFL would they rather miss a year banned or injured and they would say banned because those blokes can still train

He's spend a year travelling around Europe and holidaying .. i have no doubt they will come back better than they were last year next year
Ask any AFL would they rather miss a year banned or injured and they would say banned because those blokes can still train

Ok, you think an AFL footballer would prefer to be banned for being a drug cheat over having an injury.

I honestly didn't see that one coming. In fact I'm pretty amazed that anyone would even consider it as an option.

You just can't argue with that logic, you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back