List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawes contract is up at the end of the season, I say we put him on the table and take whatever pick we can get
If we can Brisbane's third rounder I'd take that and run but I'd be happy with their 4th 55/56

500k sounded ludicrous at the time but in hindsight we literally had no one to pay money to in 2012 we were horrible

Dawes contract is up at the end of the season, I say we put him on the table and take whatever pick we can get
If we can Brisbane's third rounder I'd take that and run but I'd be happy with their 4th 55/56

500k sounded ludicrous at the time but in hindsight we literally had no one to pay money to in 2012 we were horrible

I have an awful feeling we'll keep him over Pedo. Don't think we should keep both, I'd prefer Pedersen but feel like the club thinks otherwise.

I have an awful feeling we'll keep him over Pedo. Don't think we should keep both, I'd prefer Pedersen but feel like the club thinks otherwise.

Well next year is Goodwins list management strategy and not Roos so there might be some surprises

Before this season he had played 44 out of 66 games for 43 goals. He has played 4 of 16 possible games for the year.

Don't mind the money he got paid, but I honestly never thought he was going to be as bad as he has been. Think his ability was overrated by most and his body was stuffed.

Before this season he had played 44 out of 66 games for 43 goals. He has played 4 of 16 possible games for the year.

Don't mind the money he got paid, but I honestly never thought he was going to be as bad as he has been. Think his ability was overrated by most and his body was stuffed.

I'll cut him a little slack on the basis when we recruited him he was supposed to be second fiddle to Mitch Clark who never ended up playing which ment Dawes had to play underdone often and was never fit, when we finally got him Hogan to be the go to guy while he was second fiddle Hogan missed a season which ment Dawes pushed through again as the player he wasn't ment to be
He finally got himself right this season just as Watts has come good wish has pushed him to a 3rd role and then out of the side

Sure he's still s**t but it's not all been clean sailing for him

That's not the question I was asking tho Marc_Remillard has turned this into an argument over a technicality because he refuses to answer the question
Forget about being labeled a drug cheat, the question was would you rather miss a season in perfect health but unable to go to the club or miss a season with a severe injury which leaves you unable to train

The drug cheat stigma is irrelevant to the argument at present

Of course it's relevant, why else would an AFL player get banned for a whole season?

Pointless argument, i've already conceded, there is no way to counter your logic.

Next time you speak to an AFL player ask them which they would prefer.

Of course it's relevant, why else would an AFL player get banned for a whole season?

Pointless argument, i've already conceded, there is no way to counter your logic.

Next time you speak to an AFL player ask them which they would prefer.

Everyone would prefer to be able to train rather than sit on the sidelines with an ACL or stuffed back

Why don't you answer questions properly instead of arguing technicalities of wording in posts

What are you talking about?

Your argument is that Hibberd would prefer to miss a season because of being banned over having an injury.
What did he get banned for?! It's not a technicality, why else would an AFL player get banned for a whole season?
There is no AFL player, past or present, who would prefer to have the stigma of being a drug cheat for the rest of their lives over an injury.

Go to the next Melbourne training session and ask the players which they would prefer.

Everyone would prefer to be able to train rather than sit on the sidelines with an ACL or stuffed back

Now you've changed the wording of your argument because you've finally realised how ridiculous it was.

Notice how he has dropped the word 'banned' and now he's trying to make it just a matter of being able to train. This is how people try and win an argument on bigfooty when they've lost, they flip flop around as much as they can.

Now you've changed the wording of your argument because you've finally realised how ridiculous it was.

Notice how he has dropped the word 'banned' and now he's trying to make it just a matter of being able to train. This is how people try and win an argument on bigfooty when they've lost, they flip flop around as much as they can.

Haha you can't use my original argument against me
The question was never about the stigma of course no one wants to get banned the point is the players can use this year off to their advantage where as a bloke with an ACL can't do anything

That's not the question I was asking tho Marc_Remillard has turned this into an argument over a technicality because he refuses to answer the question
Forget about being labeled a drug cheat, the question was would you rather miss a season in perfect health but unable to go to the club or miss a season with a severe injury which leaves you unable to train

The drug cheat stigma is irrelevant to the argument at present

You're not really talking about a ban then but rather a paid gap year which of course everyone would prefer. But they're not the same thing. The stigma goes hand-in-hand with the ban.

If you asked Christian Petracca whether he's rather have missed last season for his acl or for a drugs ban, I'm sure he'd take the injury, even if just because it can't be avoided rather than a needlessly wasted year as well as the hit to his reputation and integrity. I think the Hibberd would rather that as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha you can't use my original argument against me
The question was never about the stigma of course no one wants to get banned the point is the players can use this year off to their advantage where as a bloke with an ACL can't do anything

Of course it is about being banned for being a drug cheat. That's how the argument started, we were discussing Hibberd and you made the comment that a player would prefer to be banned for a year over having an injury.

Look, i may be wrong about Hibberd, but i think we should consider our options instead of jumping into a trade. I also think we have other pressing needs that need to be addressed prior to rebounding hbf, such as a ruck or key defender.

Of course it is about being banned for being a drug cheat. That's how the argument started, we were discussing Hibberd and you made the comment that a player would prefer to be banned for a year over having an injury.

Look, i may be wrong about Hibberd, but i think we should consider our options instead of jumping into a trade. I also think we have other pressing needs that need to be addressed prior to rebounding hbf, such as a ruck or key defender.

Agree to disagree then cause we obviously aren't changing each others arguments
Poster on the Dee's board said we were looking at Tom Campbell plus we are supposedly interested in Nathan Vardy
I don't see why we can't get both

I get the feeling we will keep one of Dawes or Pedersen. Personally I'd keep Pedersen. That's purely based on his body probably having a few more years in it. Unfortunately for Dawes he appears to have had too many injuries. On talent he is the better player. But reality is we need someone to play a forward ruck role and Pedersen is also capable of playing back. We really need to keep Watts forward with Hogan.

If we can get something for Dawes I'd trade him.

I get the feeling we will keep one of Dawes or Pedersen. Personally I'd keep Pedersen. That's purely based on his body probably having a few more years in it. Unfortunately for Dawes he appears to have had too many injuries. On talent he is the better player. But reality is we need someone to play a forward ruck role and Pedersen is also capable of playing back. We really need to keep Watts forward with Hogan.

If we can get something for Dawes I'd trade him.
Pedo is greater than Dawes. But Pedo is old now in football years

Dawes contract negotiations with the club have stalled, reportedly.
Admittedly I read this on a Trade page on Facebook but they more often than not have some pretty good mail
Mahoney said he would put pen to paper as soon as Dawes clunked a contested pack grab. That was in 2013...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back