List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree to disagree then cause we obviously aren't changing each others arguments
Poster on the Dee's board said we were looking at Tom Campbell plus we are supposedly interested in Nathan Vardy
I don't see why we can't get both

Would we be a desirable destination for those blokes though? They'll never be a number one ruck with Gawn around and we already have a senior 2ic ruckman signed up in Spencer. Would be good to add one of them for depth but just not sure we'd be attractive to them finally for a different reason than because we're a basket case!

Would we be a desirable destination for those blokes though? They'll never be a number one ruck with Gawn around and we already have a senior 2ic ruckman signed up in Spencer. Would be good to add one of them for depth but just not sure we'd be attractive to them finally for a different reason than because we're a basket case!
Campbell no, as he's just a ruckman. However, Vardy, being more a ruckman/forward, we'd be a good fit for.

Actually I don't think we have interest in Vardy that's just who I thought we should get but someone here did say out recruiters were looking at Campbell

Yeah I'm assuming we are after someone to play with Gawn... the hale role at the Hawks

I think if somebody is willing to give up a 2nd rounder for Trenners we take it. Or package him in a deal involving a big fish. Sad to say but he is slow and not best 22. Crazy that Richmond offered us pick 12 a few years back, which I think turned out to be Lennon

Correction - It was Corey Ellis. Lever, Goddard and Lachie Weller were all available

I think if somebody is willing to give up a 2nd rounder for Trenners we take it. Or package him in a deal involving a big fish. Sad to say but he is slow and not best 22. Crazy that Richmond offered us pick 12 a few years back, which I think turned out to be Lennon

That deal fell through due to him failing the medical, not because we knocked it back.

Correction - It was Corey Ellis. Lever, Goddard and Lachie Weller were all available

It wasn't pick 12 on its own - we had to give up our second (I think).

Also, no one will give up a 2nd rounder for Trenners. A third, maybe. I'd be more inclined to give him one more season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it that we were either aiming to package 12 and 3 up for Josh Kennedy of the Swans, or just draft Jake Lever with pick 12.

Lever with pick 12 would have been a nice result.

Mitch Clarke?

I hate him for a few reasons, but one of them is definitely that a fit campaigner would be perfect for us.

Rumour has it that we were either aiming to package 12 and 3 up for Josh Kennedy of the Swans, or just draft Jake Lever with pick 12.

Lever with pick 12 would have been a nice result.

Was Lever with 12. We were EXTREMELY keen on him, even considered taking him at 3.

We would have to give up the pick (20 which became 23 I think) that we ended up trading to GWS for Frost and the picks that we drafted ANB and OMac with it. Not that any of those three will be better than Lever but it's a more complicated trade history than it appears.

I'm not convinced Trenners will be on the senior list next year. Really looked like the injuries have taken their toll. Looked off the pace. Hopefully he can get back as at his best he would be an absolute gun. Can't see anyone trading a decent pick for him would probably not get a third rounder at this point.

I'm not convinced Trenners will be on the senior list next year. Really looked like the injuries have taken their toll. Looked off the pace. Hopefully he can get back as at his best he would be an absolute gun. Can't see anyone trading a decent pick for him would probably not get a third rounder at this point.

Id be happy to Delist him and rookie list him again
I'm not convinced that he's finished but also not convinced he has anything to offer
If he was to be picked up by another club before we could get him then I wouldn't begrudge him that

Grimes will net us a second simply because there will be a bidding war. Anyone who needs defensive assistance will look at him.

Grimes will net us a second simply because there will be a bidding war. Anyone who needs defensive assistance will look at him.
Um... We need defensive assistance - and I don't think we should be looking at him.

Bidding war? I can't think of many clubs being interested in a half back flanker with poor decision making and disposal

Bidding war? I can't think of many clubs being interested in a half back flanker with poor decision making and disposal
I can think of at least two who also don't have draft picks and will thus have to chase FAs. Future trading has meant that sides have shot their loads and will now spend time perusing what's left of the free agent pool.

I can think of at least two who also don't have draft picks and will thus have to chase FAs. Future trading has meant that sides have shot their loads and will now spend time perusing what's left of the free agent pool.

Your thinking Collingwood and Geelong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back