List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hungover s**t i did in the toilet bowl this morning would be an upgrade on Chris Dawes. Chris Mayne would be a slight step above that. No thanks.

Why dont we offer 2 meter Peter some serious $$ to come back to Vic? Surely we have $$ to spend. I know we need to keep some $ for Hogan and our kids with potential, but surely we have some 'lure' $ for someone? Hurley would be my first target, but Peter Wright would be high up the list as well. I'm not suggesting Tom Boyd $, but offer some big $ and see what happens.

Mayne's got six rounds to kick 12 goals to get to 30, no certainty to get there as he's currently averaging just over one a game.
I also doubt your suggestion that he's accurate.

He may statistically look an upgrade on Dawes but he would take a spot from someone else we could develop to be a 50-100 game player for us.

I watch a fair few Freo games and the amount of times he goes missing, or does something mind bogglingly stupid, outweighs a 1 goal a game output. Even if he was 'free' (which he wouldn't be, opportunity cost and all that)

Never mind I must have read someone else's stats by accident, thought I saw that he had kicked 30 3 times and was looking like doing it again but now I see he's never kicked 30 before

Comment rescinded

We are into Tom Campbell from the dogs. Decent back up ruck and will come cheap.

He's a very good mark of the footy, someone maybe Striker475 said he can't kick but he's a beautiful contested mark .. if he can do what David Hale did at the Hawks that's good enough

We have enough Inside mids.. infact too many
We have Grimes Trenners ANB and Michie playing regular reserves this year, we need some more players who are smart around goal or are brilliant intercept markers .. We need to find our own Matthew Suckling and Puopolo .. Someone who can kick us out of trouble and someone who works twice as hard without the footy than with it
A key back would be nice aswell who doesnt go for stupid low passes he cant achieve
Agree, I was thinking more outside class mid that can rack them up, not more extractors. I don't know what kind of mid Jack Steele is, but was more raising the point that despite a decent crop of young mids, the Saints are looking to add more quality mids to their rotations. I'd love to add a Seb Ross, Lachie Hunter accumulator type that has good ball use. Half backline would be my first priority, followed by a few more outside mids that can win their own ball. Should be an interesting draft/trade period again for us anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we could draft a mature age fwd ruck * knows where from but we seem to be able to find what we need.. if not Vardy for our 3rd at most is worth it IF he can get on the park.. maybe Straight swap Dawes for Casboult atleast he can take a contested mark..wont happen but would take Casboult over Dawes any day of the week

With all the talk of a need for a forward/ruck - two other possibilities who are out of contract.

Ben Griffiths and Majak Daw. Both hardly setting the world on fire but should come reasonably cheap (Griffiths third rounder, Daw fourth perhaps?) ... I think they're better prospects than Vickery, Casboult, Vardy and of course, Dawes and probably Pedo too.

Any thoughts on Zac Clarke from Freo. There was talk he wanted to come home last year but signed a 1 year deal. Out of contract again. Looked like he was going to be a star a few years ago but has been in and out of the side . If we could get him cheap I think he's worth a shot at the forward/ruck role

Any thoughts on Zac Clarke from Freo. There was talk he wanted to come home last year but signed a 1 year deal. Out of contract again. Looked like he was going to be a star a few years ago but has been in and out of the side . If we could get him cheap I think he's worth a shot at the forward/ruck role
Think his knee is stuffed

With all the talk of a need for a forward/ruck - two other possibilities who are out of contract.

Ben Griffiths and Majak Daw. Both hardly setting the world on fire but should come reasonably cheap (Griffiths third rounder, Daw fourth perhaps?) ... I think they're better prospects than Vickery, Casboult, Vardy and of course, Dawes and probably Pedo too.

Surely the Tigers wouldn't let Griffiths go? I reckon he goes Allright and I'd pay our 3rd easily for him.. but they wouldn't accept that

Surely the Tigers wouldn't let Griffiths go? I reckon he goes Allright and I'd pay our 3rd easily for him.. but they wouldn't accept that
I wouldn't have thought so, but if they do plan to make any impactful change on their list in a short timeframe, they have to surely trade something of value to someone. I mean just because their supporters have a notion that they would be happy to have Ty and a few spuds leave without regrets, another team isn't suddenly going to pay for these potatoes in such a way that would allow Richmond to upgrade?

I've lost contact with your point I think. I agree... I don't think they would take a 3rd rounder for Ben Griffiths. I personally think we should stay well away from Daw.

We're a bit short on picks this year and i'm not sure how we'll get them back. The guys who will leave us at the end of the year can either leave for free (e.g. Grimes), or don't have trade currency and will likely be out of the AFL system.

Yeah probably. Next year's second rounder?

Or this year's second for their fourth?

I know I'd prefer Griffiths than Hibberd, just because we need his type imo.

Daw will have a few suitors and he'll go somewhere that he's a chance to be first ruck, i.e. not Melbourne. He's a much better ruck than forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back