List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we could lure Jon Patton down? Been thinking this for a few weeks and he's really come on recently. Probably don't have the trade capital unless Hogan goes but if he does Patton would be my ideal target.

For anyone who has said that we need outside speed and class ( what a wank statement that is) Motlop is the perfect man to get
Although we haven't completely fixed Garletts inconsistency Motlop is only coming to the prime of his career and If we can turn watts into a consistent player then why not Motlop

Nathan Vardy is probably the only realistic ruck forward on the market and our pick 45 could well get the job done

I also 100% agree with re contracting trenners, personally I don't think he will get back to anything near his best but I have no dramas giving him another full pre season

I wonder if we could lure Jon Patton down? Been thinking this for a few weeks and he's really come on recently. Probably don't have the trade capital unless Hogan goes but if he does Patton would be my ideal target.

If Hogan goes I'd love Patton, we will need a ready made replacement as Weid is still 2-3 years off it IMO

For anyone who has said that we need outside speed and class ( what a wank statement that is) Motlop is the perfect man to get
Although we haven't completely fixed Garletts inconsistency Motlop is only coming to the prime of his career and If we can turn watts into a consistent player then why not Motlop

Nathan Vardy is probably the only realistic ruck forward on the market and our pick 45 could well get the job done

I also 100% agree with re contracting trenners, personally I don't think he will get back to anything near his best but I have no dramas giving him another full pre season

Why is that a wank statement? There is such a thing as outside speed and class. They are players who are fast with nice skills.

Why is that a wank statement? There is such a thing as outside speed and class. They are players who are fast with nice skills.

Because every single fan every trade period asks for it likes it's easy to find but it's not
No team has ever been like 'we have too much outside speed and class'
It's as simple as the analysts after game saying the team who lost needed to 'run and gun' and move the ball quicker

Ed Langdon anyone?

Has broken into Fremantle's side, apparently wants to return home to Victoria, brother of Collingwood's Tom. Endurance freak, has showed some promising signs this year.

I have no idea who he is, next year's first

Ed Langdon anyone?

Has broken into Fremantle's side, apparently wants to return home to Victoria, brother of Collingwood's Tom. Endurance freak, has showed some promising signs this year.
Don't know much about him but I've seen a little bit of him; would be interested.

Ed Langdon anyone?

Would love him but don't know what the price would be. Would give up a 3rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because every single fan every trade period asks for it likes it's easy to find but it's not
No team has ever been like 'we have too much outside speed and class'
It's as simple as the analysts after game saying the team who lost needed to 'run and gun' and move the ball quicker

Yes but that doesn't mean we can't see it as a need for us if we can either trade for someone or develop from within.

Your point is like saying 'there's only a few genuine gun power forwards so don't ever bring up needing one because it's unlikely Buddy, Lynch or Kennedy will come to us'.

I might sound crazy but I'm not against getting Vickery (at a cheap price). He's a more reliable kick than most of our forwards. Any forward would struggle with the way Richmond play.
I actually agree with you, i think Topkent is our boat too. Vickery is greater than Dawes

I actually agree with you, i think Topkent is our boat too. Vickery is greater than Dawes

He will probably continue to spud it up because frankly who gets better as a melbourne player but he's cheap hes available and there's something disgustingly ironic about Melbourne having watts and Vickery

I might sound crazy but I'm not against getting Vickery (at a cheap price). He's a more reliable kick than most of our forwards. Any forward would struggle with the way Richmond play.
I floated this idea a while back and got howled down. I still think he'd be a good addition. Is an UFA so will only cost $. We can't sustain Watts as second ruck next year if we're aiming for finals.

I floated this idea a while back and got howled down. I still think he'd be a good addition. Is an UFA so will only cost $. We can't sustain Watts as second ruck next year if we're aiming for finals.
I reckon playing Watts was a basic admission by the club that they need to go out and get someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back