List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Daniel Crosses: The stayer, elite endurance and mental toughness. Can drink at a steady pace for 18 hours without breaking stride. Will still be on Coronas at 4am when everyone else has switched to spirits."

Savage last line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get that, seems it's just the weak cordial of beer. I imagine cats piss would signify something rather strongly repugnant tasting thing.
Can't provide direct experience but the smell isnt dissimilar. Never touch a beer that someone has stuffed a bit of fruit down the neck.

If we're going to talk beer, can we talk reasonable beer rather than urine forced out of a 12 year old Mexican farmhand?

According to Graham Cornes on 5AA Goodwin has contacted Scott Thompson with an offer of a one year deal in 2017 then moving into coaching in 2018.

Thoughts?

If they think he's a good coach and that's what it takes its not the worst, just tell him if a kid is playing to the same level then he will get his spot, if not it's his .. I'm not a huge believer in needing senior games to develop
There's plenty of examples of young blokes learning their craft at a lower level and coming I'm when they build their body up

Look at Kennedy from Sydney, reserves player at the hawks and explodes at the swans at 21/22

If you have to put fruit into a beer to enjoy that's the definition of cat piss
Maybe you blokes think this is some kind of semantic thing but I figure if you can put a bit of lemon in a drink to make it passable on a hot day then I'm going to assume actual cats piss would also pass that test. To me these distinctions are important otherwise you've run out of negative descriptors before you get to Tooheys new/blue.

Out of left field call:

Fact: we don't have enough leaders, competitors and example-setters.

Apparently Boomer Harvey has been on $200k a year at North...

I reckon we could do worse than to get an old guy to teach some of our spoiled little brats how to train, run, compete, kick goals, and earn their spot...

For $200k a year, I see a lot of positives..

Am I crazy???

According to Graham Cornes on 5AA Goodwin has contacted Scott Thompson with an offer of a one year deal in 2017 then moving into coaching in 2018.

Thoughts?
I'd rather have had him for the last 11 years, but not a bad call if he is willing to relocate

So I've got a theory. I think the club knows that if Grimes leaves through restricted free agency, we could get significant compensation for him (second round pick). Hear me out.

Grimes most recent contract was from 2013 (link to it below). A three-year deal during the Neeld era when Grimes was our captain and seen as a future star of the team. Now that hasn't panned out, but perhaps the figures in his contract don't reflect that. Restricted free agents are defined as "players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for restricted free agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least eight years with the club". Now I know compensation is also dependent on how much the club receiving him is paying, but I still think his wage within our team could be high, given his suspected trajectory from 2013, thus impacting on his compensation.

He's been getting numbers that deserved more games in the one's. Their reluctance to promote him was because they knew he didn't have a future with us. Right now if he was to be traded on the market we wouldn't get the same compensation for him then as we would through free agency. Taylor and co. know we're going to get a good pick for him.

Just a theory, and I admit I could be completely wrong.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-12/grimes-keeps-the-faith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back