List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised I don't know a whole lot about Hibberd so I went online and did a spot of research and discovered that he pleaded guilty to an assault of a guy in Mornington once. Also he used to have a pedigree blue Staffy called Koota that was stolen from his home in 2011 which I'm sad about because I like dogs. Disturbingly in the pictures I looked at, he doesn't look anything like what I thought he looked like - so I've obviously had some other player mixed up there and now I have no idea what to expect at all. I hope he doesn't persist with the moustache I noticed in a few pics - it's dodgier than Dean Kents effort and I didn't think that was achievable.

I just realised I don't know a whole lot about Hibberd so I went online and did a spot of research and discovered that he pleaded guilty to an assault of a guy in Mornington once.
Ugh, that's right. The Herald-Sun article was awful reading.

I guess everyone deserves a second chance etc. but I'd prefer that we didn't have players guilty of violent crimes.

He would be great for them. I ran this rumour past my partner who is an ex demon under 17s and 19s plus reserves for the Dees in early 1900s etc - so essentially has forgotten more football then I could ever know. And while he's reluctant to consider it because we're talking about our Dunn, he thought it made excellent sense from Brisbane's POV and a marked upgrade on Merrett. Brisbane would do well to ask Dunn to consider them. Stuff the Lions supporters online - once Dunny has flattened a few forwards they will come around. And I rate his leadership - the man is never silent on field, and he encourages young guys and takes a bit of biff away from them. Assuming he is willing to consider a move, it's a very believable trade, and if he grabbed at it nobody could begrudge him.
You type like someone who is very hip and with it considering you have a partner who is over 100 years old.

Dunn rumoured to be heading to Brisbane :(

I just realised I don't know a whole lot about Hibberd so I went online and did a spot of research and discovered that he pleaded guilty to an assault of a guy in Mornington once. Also he used to have a pedigree blue Staffy called Koota that was stolen from his home in 2011 which I'm sad about because I like dogs. Disturbingly in the pictures I looked at, he doesn't look anything like what I thought he looked like - so I've obviously had some other player mixed up there and now I have no idea what to expect at all. I hope he doesn't persist with the moustache I noticed in a few pics - it's dodgier than Dean Kents effort and I didn't think that was achievable.
Top bloke who was a bit loose as a youngster is the reports I've gotten.

I just read some comments on a Lions Facebook page ... fair to say the consensus on them taking Dunn was negative. Although what was also clear is how little any of them knew about him ... there were comments about his mo, and his lack of leadership.

I'll be sad to see him go, but he's unfortunately become depth, and if he can fetch a price, I'll get over it. Plus he'll be up my way, we can catch up for a beer!

Not sure if you can take comments made on the Lions facebook page too seriously. People were still whinging on that page after our win vs Ess.
However, most of the BigFooty Lions' posters have been very positive on the possibility of recruiting Dunn. He will certainly add grunt and experience to our young group of defenders.
Would assume that if he agrees to come to the Lions, that a suitable deal will be done.

Not sure if you can take comments made on the Lions facebook page too seriously. People were still whinging on that page after our win vs Ess.
However, most of the BigFooty Lions' posters have been very positive on the possibility of recruiting Dunn. He will certainly add grunt and experience to our young group of defenders.
Would assume that if he agrees to come to the Lions, that a suitable deal will be done.
He's been an absolute general at casey and he's a natural leader. When he's not there the voice and leadership is lacking. I'm sad to see him go

Oh man! Did he ever get his dog back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A more selfish version of Matt Jones. Also a campaigner and one-way runner. Pass.

Also a much, much better version. I don't get why we hold prejudice against a player because we didn't like his attitude so we say 'I don't want him in the team'. Wtf? Bugg is a huge campaigner and everyone loves him.

Last edited:
Whispers on Twitter among Norf fans that we are signing Boomer
wouldn't put it past us.

Lumumba and Dawes were my least favourite pies players when we traded for them and boomer is my least favourite norf player, if not my least favourite afl player besides Scully and Clark.

Ugh, that's right. The Herald-Sun article was awful reading.

I guess everyone deserves a second chance etc. but I'd prefer that we didn't have players guilty of violent crimes.
We're the club that put up with Colin Sylvia beating up his gf, it's not like we have a great record.

He openly said he didn't adapt to the zone game plan.

Dunn seems to be getting better at the zone judging by the amount of intercept marks he took for Casey on the weekend :) Was awesome!! And pretty sure Casey are running the same game plan as us? Could be wrong?

He seems to be boosting trade value or working his way back towards playing some AFL football for us next year.

If he can play like he did for Casey on the weekend consistently I definitely think there is still a spot for him in certain games when we need to lock down a strong bodied KPF like Hawkins.

I'd personally rather trade Garland (who I have always been a fan of) because I think we have him covered with Hibbered coming in and Wagner and Hunt developing defensively and already ahead of Garland as attacking defenders in my opinion.

I'm all for Boomer. Costs nothing to get him in terms of a trade, and a minimal hit to the salary cap. He's a spot on the list, but this is a list that currently has Dean Terlich on it ...

Id love to have a Boomer clone that wasn't Boomer! Great footballer, but I just don't know if I can make myself like him!

Dunn seems to be getting better at the zone judging by the amount of intercept marks he took for Casey on the weekend :) Was awesome!! And pretty sure Casey are running the same game plan as us? Could be wrong?

He seems to be boosting trade value or working his way back towards playing some AFL football for us next year.

If he can play like he did for Casey on the weekend consistently I definitely think there is still a spot for him in certain games when we need to lock down a strong bodied KPF like Hawkins.

I'd personally rather trade Garland (who I have always been a fan of) because I think we have him covered with Hibbered coming in and Wagner and Hunt developing defensively and already ahead of Garland as attacking defenders in my opinion.
Yeah you're right, Casey and Melbourne have the same game plan, it's been something they've had a strong focus on. And Dunn has been playing like that all year at Casey, he literally runs the zone, he's always yelling out for players to get to their positions and guiding them where to go. He is one of the best backline "generals" i've seen. The bloke knows how to zone. I think he got pissed off at melbourne because other players were letting the zone down, and he let it affect how he played. His head dropped and he started cracking the shits, and got dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back