List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it from someone who works at the club- I wouldn't believe much of what you read on demonland
I don't, but this guy said we were drafting Josh Wagner 30 minutes before the draft (nobody else had even heard of him) and said Weideman would debut several days before teams were selected. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I don't, but this guy said we were drafting Josh Wagner 30 minutes before the draft (nobody else had even heard of him) and said Weideman would debut several days before teams were selected. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
He rarely ever posts but his strike rate is 100%.

Something tells me he is definitely someone from right within the footy club.

Sorry for intruding just wondering, would Jack Grimes have any potential as a 3rd tall in defence?!
Not really tall enough to be a 3rd tall per se, but I rate Grimes as the 3rd man up player in the backline. Reads the ball well and is solid as a spoiler or intercept marker and can lock a player down. Iffy with the ball at times but I think could still be a dependable small/medium defender.

On the Parish debate: he's a very solid player. Yes, you can argue he doesn't have any noticeable 'weapons' like Oliver, Brayshaw etc. but overall he's good at most things and doesn't have any big weaknesses. He had a very impressive first year as a young mid without much support around him.

I'd be disappointed if we weren't sniffing around both Shane Kersten and James Stewart. Regardless as to whether we lose Jesse this year, next year, or keep him for 10, we need more than just him and Weid moving forward and there's no guarantee that Hulett would make it.

I'd be having a good crack at these two before we make any moves to re-sign Pedo or Dawes.

I'd be disappointed if we weren't sniffing around both Shane Kersten and James Stewart. Regardless as to whether we lose Jesse this year, next year, or keep him for 10, we need more than just him and Weid moving forward and there's no guarantee that Hulett would make it.

I'd be having a good crack at these two before we make any moves to re-sign Pedo or Dawes.

100%

+1 ... I quite like the physical attributes on Stewart, tho I think he needs to get harder at the contest, being close to Watts and McCartney could do wonders for that.

I'm less enthused about Kersten, but I'm unsure if its because of my intense dislike of Geelong and his exceedingly punchable face, or his actual playing ability.

We were right into Stewart 2 years ago but GWS wouldnt budge as they had no idea Lobb could do what he has.

EDIT: Very off topic, but does anyone think it might be time for me to change my profile pic or is that a jinx waiting to happen?

Last edited:
+1 ... I quite like the physical attributes on Stewart, tho I think he needs to get harder at the contest, being close to Watts and McCartney could do wonders for that.

I'm less enthused about Kersten, but I'm unsure if its because of my intense dislike of Geelong and his exceedingly punchable face, or his actual playing ability.
All three issues with Kersten are valid issues I think - I would put them in order of 1) punchable, 2) playing ability and 3) Geelong but its close and all are concerning.

We were right into Stewart 2 years ago but GWS wouldnt budge as they had no idea Lobb could do what he has.

EDIT: Very off topic, but does anyone think it might be time for me to change my profile pic or is that a jinx waiting to happen?

Change it! No need to go too far... something along the lines of "You can do it!"

I'm hoping he's not. Certainly don't need people from the footy department leaking that kind of stuff and I certainly can't think of anyone who would have any interest in doing that. There's no stopping a friend of a player or something like that though.

Anyway I'm more referring to rumours such as that Oliver one or Boomer Harvey..

What Oliver rumor? The one where we didn't decide to pick him until 24 hours before the draft?

Sorry for intruding just wondering, would Jack Grimes have any potential as a 3rd tall in defence?!
You reckon he could still play in stilts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Change it! No need to go too far... something along the lines of "You can do it!"

So cover winkler in bees or kick him in his hairy balls?
69a796f1f31ea0a3e5a89798864300c2.png
8934d5307205fd26be03a49f87c5ca7d.jpg

Right you are about Kersten m8, he is soft as butter, cant take a contest mark to save himself, no thanks.

Interested enough in Stewart but i dont want to pay overs for a guy who has only shown flashes, none of this Frost for a second rounder stuff thanks. A 3rd rounder as far as i would go for a draft pick.

I like the bits of what I've seen from Hulett in the VFL. I reckon we have something to work with there.

I'm honestly not that keen on trading much this year.

Right you are about Kersten m8, he is soft as butter, cant take a contest mark to save himself, no thanks.

Interested enough in Stewart but i dont want to pay overs for a guy who has only shown flashes, none of this Frost for a second rounder stuff thanks. A 3rd rounder as far as i would go for a draft pick.
It was a second rounder for Frost and picks that got us ANB and Oscar Mc. We nailed that trade (should have taken Daniel ): )

It was a second rounder for Frost and picks that got us ANB and Oscar Mc. We nailed that trade (should have taken Daniel ): )

yea, i remember getting late swaps also, very good trade in hindsight, you dont nail late picks as well as that very often though, id also love us to pick in the second round at some stage this century, i stand by my original statement, 3rd round pick on for Stewart or GTFO. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back