BradWCE -- 4+1 (previous score 36) = 41
Bkozican -- 3+1 (previous score 36) = 40
Ross -- 4+1 = (previous score 35) = 40
Stevi_Tigers -- 2+1 (previous score 34) = 37
D-mac3276 -- 2+1 (previous score 33) = 36
MMAPride Scott -- 2+1 (previous score 33) = 36
Nickos66 -- 3+0 (previous score 33) = 36
Gigantic -- 4+3 (previous score 29) = 36

Congrats to Ryz and phantom13 for being joint winners of the tipping comp for this quarter. Great tipping guys! Ryz, I do have to say though that the the gig is up... you keep saying you're relatively new to the sport, but the tipping numbers don't lie! :p

Congrats also to Gigantic for saving his best until last and dominating the scoring this round.

The next quarter starts with a bang... three cards in three days! Given that we are starting fresh in a few weeks, did anyone have any suggestions on improvements for the comp? I thought that we could look at tipping for the fightpass and undercard main event fights as both of those usually have well known fighters in them. Any other thoughts/comments?

Pretty sure me and Ryz were tied up for like 3 cards.

Honestly ive preferred the main cards only, maybe if you want to chuck a feature Fight Pass or prelim fight but not the whole thing, they can just be so hard to keep track of.

Other option would be to have a weighted thing, either you pick one fight (thats really close) and assign it double points or each tipster picks a lock which is worth double points (mind you thats alot more work for you).

Honestly Guy Threepwood youre doing a bang up job and i wouldnt change a thing.

Pretty sure me and Ryz were tied up for like 3 cards.

Honestly ive preferred the main cards only, maybe if you want to chuck a feature Fight Pass or prelim fight but not the whole thing, they can just be so hard to keep track of.

Other option would be to have a weighted thing, either you pick one fight (thats really close) and assign it double points or each tipster picks a lock which is worth double points (mind you thats alot more work for you).

Honestly Guy Threepwood youre doing a bang up job and i wouldnt change a thing.

That was the idea, just add the main event of each of the undercard and fightpass prelims rather than the full card.

The weighted idea could be interesting. Are you talking about a fight where both fighters are around even money or where a particular type of win (ie KO) is by far the most likely outcome?

Should have gone with my gut and tipped Calderwood for 5 :p

Also, I swear I'm a newbie to MMA, combination of beginners luck hammering Sherdog :p

As far as the comp itself, pretty perfect set up but has anyone looked at the UFC 'Pick Em' site? Looks like you can create league similar to footy tipping but not sure whether you can tip on the undercards though.

No dont add full cards. Main cards only maybe add feature bouts but not full cards, wind up with no name 1 (with a record of 12-0 in Peru) vs no name 2 (with a record of 75-1 in china).

Weighted tips, example on the weekend. Gout was like $4.75 to win, so if you tipped him and he got up you get like double points or something. I'll be honest i havent really considered this... heres two options
1- You can (but dont have to) nominate an upset tip and get double points if you get it right (or even get market value for it, so in Goutis case 4 points instead of 1)
2- You have to pick a "lock" and if it gets up you get double points but if it loses you lose a point.

I just throwing ideas out here, any variations of that would be fine. Just means if youre way back you can have a ping at some hail marys and maybe get back in it (UFC 189 would have seen Tate and Diaz score alot, UFC 199 could have gotten you Hendo and Bisping)

Congrats Ryz and phantom13 on winning thia round and a thankyou to Guy Threepwood for doing the numbers.

Dont mind the idea of changing it up but at the same time I think this set up is ok. It was close throughout and only a handful of tips between last and first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDIT: Deleted my league because none of you flogs joined up :p

Will still do the comp here which also agree is perfect as is.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back