Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
As we are less than 24 hours away and nobody has posted it, I thought I'd do the honors.

It's Oakmont, it's going to be brutal (personally looking forward to 290 par 3, 8th). Lightning greens, tight fairways, punishing bunkers and dat rough.

Aside from the usual suspects, my dark horse is Matthew Fitzpatrick; hits its fairly long and straight and can roll them beautifully.

Should be fun!!!!!

So planned start ime is 7.30am USA time - assuming Day and Scott and Dusty and Mickelson and Rose and Koepka all get away on time they'll play the 1st 18 and finish by 2pm USA time - then have to front up again by 4pmish to play their 2nd 18.

Given the course and its difficulties that's an insane ask of anyone

Yeah, would be a mental drain. Hopefully Day and Scott are in the zone today.

Is a round ~5-6hrs? Sunset a little before 9. Early tee time on Sat morning would be death.

Yeah, would be a mental drain. Hopefully Day and Scott are in the zone today.

Is a round ~5-6hrs? Sunset a little before 9. Early tee time on Sat morning would be death.

depends on scores etc - but around Oakmont 5 hours would be a good pace

I mean why show play that's currently not in a rain delay and being televised in the U.S?

That would be madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the go with Jason Day? It's very stressful being number 1, the effort required to stay there is massive, can weaken your immune and make u sick a lot.
Didn't he say a while back being number 1 meant so much, I want to be a hall of famer.

Agreed

I pray he never wins a major

Last thing i wanna see is that style replicated by kids

I'm the exact opposite, there are many different ways to hit a golf ball, love to see something different like this.

Am wondering why I put my money on Johnson here....

Amazing golf by Day this morning too, needs to shoot another one to have a chance but at least he has a shot.

I'm the exact opposite, there are many different ways to hit a golf ball, love to see something different like this.

Am wondering why I put my money on Johnson here....

Amazing golf by Day this morning too, needs to shoot another one to have a chance but at least he has a shot.

If DJ could putt he'd win multiple majors

Pretty commanding lead for Shane Lowry going into the final round. Would be happy for him to win it but hopefully the final round still gets interesting, I reckon it will though!

Hard seeing anyone going low enough to do it as long Lowry plays any where close to decently. JD will no doubt rue his 76 on Friday when the greens were at their slowest.

Side note: Tough day for my boy Matty Fitz with a 79 :'(.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back