Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2006
Tramland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Continued from Part 1 and Part 2.

As election day looms obviously this thread will be getting even more heated than it currently is. I've now added the Play Nice prefix which is exactly what it says on the label.

Keep it on topic, keep it civil and be respectful to people even if you don't agree with them. If you want to come in here and troll, name call etc. you're potentially facing an infraction and/or thread ban.

If there's any issues, please report the relevant post or if immediate/serious action needs to be taken directly contact myself or anyone else from the SRP mod team.

Remember: if you disagree with someone make sure you attack the argument not the poster.
Everything is clearly set out in the rules, so stick to them and there won't be any problems :thumbsu:

Update: After a discussion amongst the mods, we won't be tolerating alias accounts posting in this or any of the other election day threads. If your account has been made within the last month and most of your posts have been in this or the SRP board (which is how the usual suspects behave) you'll be presumed to be an alias.

Update #2: Please try and avoid making posts which are just pics and nothing else unless it's actually informative and relevant to discussion. A number of users have either been spamming them, shitposting them, or both. If you want to shitpost do it on /r/The_Donald or 4chan. This thread is for actual discussion.

Last edited:
Use the website http://www.270towin.com/ to put together your own map of how you think the electoral college will turn out and post it here, then send me a PM and I'll add it to the list!

(these are the only ones i found in a quick look, if you're already posted one again send me a link!)

Red for Trump win, Blue for Clinton win, Green for Stein, Yellow for Johnson ;)

EDIT: now in order of winning size

Big_Birdy - picture but no score

Wingard4Coleman - Trump 306 Clinton 232

Davo-27 - Trump 290, Hillary 248

Pedantic - Trump 270 Clinton 268

Ricardo - Trump 270 Clinton 268

rfctiger74 - Clinton 269 Trump 269

pjcrows - Clinton 293 Trump 245

happy_eagle - Clinton 304 Trump 234

funk44 - Clinton 307 Trump 231

deaneus - Clinton 308 Trump 230

Juddism - Clinton 323 Trump 213

GWBogan - Clinton 323 Trump 215

kirky - Clinton 322 Trump 216

Happy Mastenator - Clinton 323 Trump 215

Kynge of Begrem - Clinton 335 Trump 203

I'M WITH HER!

EDIT: GODDAMN there's a whole other thread doing this already, I'll whack this in there as well

Last edited:
Not even comparable. Watch the entire interview.

She's talking about what she would be prepared to do stop Iran from obtaining nukes and starting a nuclear war (you know, the thing you're terrified of).

Then as SoS, negotiated to prevent the war you're claiming she wants.

(you might want to check above your shoulders)

I actually saw the foreign minister of Iran speak when he came to Australia earlier this year.

He specifically talked about how Bush Jr's rhetoric meant they had to ramp up their centrifuge production, but that they never really wanted a nuclear weapon in the first place. Likewise he talked of how all America/Israel really wanted was to make sure Iran didn't have a nuke, they didn't want to punish them economically but it was the only option they felt they had.

And all this happened because there was practically no dialogue between the USA and Iran. So America/Israel wanted no nukes for Iran, and Iran wanted only nuclear power, yet both sides were actually getting the opposite of what they wanted (as well as crippling Iran's economy and hurting global trade more widely).

It wasn't until the US/Iran started talking that they could even fathom a proper deal, because negotiation kind of relies on excellent diplomats who are prepared to listen and not just make demands.

He was very positive regarding Obama in particular, but also Clinton.

Then as SoS, negotiated to prevent the war you're claiming she wants.
It's a little too late to be giving her concessions.

Okay, I'll give you another example of her warmongering: she voted for the war in Iraq.

Her involvement in the destruction of Libya as a state, of course, is the best example. One where you continuously stick your fingers in your ears and make loud, obnoxious noises.

Okay, I'll give you another example of her warmongering: she voted for the war in Iraq.

Her involvement in the destruction of Libya as a state, of course, is the best example. One where you continuously stick your fingers in your ears and make loud, obnoxious noises.

Libya was a huge screw up for Europe and the USA, so was Iraq and Syria is looking that way too.

But that's about 4 SOS's responsibility and two president's as well as countless European leaders.

Libya was a huge screw up for Europe and the USA, so was Iraq and Syria is looking that way too.

But that's about 4 SOS's responsibility and two president's as well as countless European leaders.
Suppose Al Gore got in office instead of Bush - what would have been different with regards to US foreign policy in your view?

Suppose Al Gore got in office instead of Bush - what would have been different with regards to US foreign policy in your view?

Hard to say, I mean did the US deliberately lie about WMD in Iraq? If it was accidental, then they probably still go to Iraq. But if it was specific to that administration they probably only go into Afghanistan, and instead of pulling resources from there to go to Iraq, they are probably a lot more succesful, get OBL much earlier in the piece and go home by 2006.

Yeah and as Cooldude said, 9-11 may have actually been prevented.

If trump loses, i predict he will lead the south to independance and the rebirth of the confederaceh

It will be fueled by s'more flavoured schnapps, and this letter:

Dear Ms. Nasty Woman President.
There are times when humans can no longer endure their government's authoritah. You must declare the Confederaceh its own nation so that we may enter into a new millennium of prosperitah. If you do not meet our demands, we will be forced to show the videotapes we have of your hubby with Marisa Tomei.

As I have explained before:

- she supported the war in Iraq primarily because she believes the Congress shouldn't second guess the president on such matters

- she (& the US) didn't start the conflict in Libya. They reluctantly got involved. Remember "leading from behind"?

You seem to want to place 50 years of foreign policy failures squarely at the feet of Hillary Clinton.

I can understand the objection to US foreign policy (who doesn't?) but I cannot fathom 1) the misrepresentations directed at her & 2) how Trump could possibly be any better.

As I said earlier, I'd vote for Bush before I'd vote for Trump. I never thought I'd ever say that about anyone.

If Al Gore took office then 911 probably would've prevented coz, ya know, he would've listened to prior warnings
south-park-s10e06c01-al-gore-is-super-awesome-16x9.jpg

He would've stopped manbearpig first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were there any candidates running (except for Sanders) who were against the war in Iraq?

I know Trump now says he opposed it, but earlier interviews contradict that statement.

Were there any candidates running (except for Sanders) who were against the war in Iraq?

I know Trump now says he opposed it, but earlier interviews contradict that statement.
If you think back to that time, it was pretty difficult to be against that war as politician, it had almost universal support. I pointed out a it would be a complete balls up at the time but nobody listened to me.

As I have explained before:

- she supported the war in Iraq primarily because she believes the Congress shouldn't second guess the president on such matters

- she (& the US) didn't start the conflict in Libya. They reluctantly got involved. Remember "leading from behind"?

You seem to want to place 50 years of foreign policy failures squarely at the feet of Hillary Clinton.

I can understand the objection to US foreign policy (who doesn't?) but I cannot fathom 1) the misrepresentations directed at her & 2) how Trump could possibly be any better.

As I said earlier, I'd vote for Bush before I'd vote for Trump. I never thought I'd ever say that about anyone.

Reasonable point to an extent.

As you said the US failures on the foreign policy front are numerous and longstanding. They regularly get themselves involved in conflicts with no real goal for victory, and as a result they lose and lose often. Their military is completely dominant, their intel is the best in the - and yet even with the best military and best intel in the world they continue to make poor foreign policy decisions.

But it arguably isn't an accident, war is big money even if you lose for a start, but also Americans have a lot more ideologues in their leadership positions in the military, spy agencies, congress and cabinet. You could make a strong argument that America's soft power has significantly weakened in the middle east and latin america ever since the war on terror began. That isn't just some fluke, they are routinely making poor "old school" emotion based decisions instead of being pragmatic.

They just aren't a very pragmatic nation. Australia is pretty similar except when it concerns our immediate region (where we are actually pretty clever for the most part).

If you think back to that time, it was pretty difficult to be against that war as politician, it had almost universal support. I pointed out a it would be a complete balls up at the time but nobody listened to me.

I'd have voted for you Gough.

The reality was, at the time, there was "hard" evidence of WMD's and links between Saddam and the Wahabbi's.

That has now since been shown to be a complete joke and the media did not do their job at the time.

Only Ron Paul

When Bush Jnr became president it wasn't a question of "if" it was a question of "when" in regards to Iraq.

Afghanistan was an unwanted distraction for his administration.

Only Ron Paul
Of course, say what you like about his philosophies but he's immaculately consistent and about as true a libertarian as one can get.

I'd have voted for you Gough.

The reality was, at the time, there was "hard" evidence of WMD's and links between Saddam and the Wahabbi's.

That has now since been shown to be a complete joke and the media did not do their job at the time.

The msm did there job and did it well thank u very much

Anyway, in the spirit of playing nice, moving away from pointing out how terrible some posters are.

Hillary wins Florida, North Carolina and Nevada. End vote looks like below (give or take an electoral vote or two based on split allocations in that a couple of states do). Wouldn't surprise me if she also wins Ohio and pushed Trump under 200 EV, which by anyones measure is smashing.

upload_2016-11-7_14-29-16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back