Play Nice 2016 US Presidential Election Part 3 - Trump d Clinton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the democrats make the same mistake they did in 2000 by putting up a candidate that was very meh after having a popular 2 term president?

If the DNC hadn't colluded with Hillary through Wasserman-Schutlz and the media to undermine and sabotage Bernie's campaign they would have had a viable candidate. They shot themselves in the foot due to the personal interests of a few politically motivated individuals.

I am confident that if it had been Sanders vs Trump today, Bernie would have won.

Plenty of knee jerk reactions, an absolute small fraction of his election promises will actually come to fruition.
Donald Trump was not put up as a candidate in the first place to be President, he was put up to win.

Ah the "he started it" defence.

Very grown up.

No, it was a direct response to what he was saying. If you talk badly of a minority, how can you not mention that? It is directly relevant and current to that campaign.

He's a NY liberal at heart.

That's the staggering thing about Republicans voting for him. He's a con man. He'll say whatever he needs to say to close the deal.

His proposals are big spending, big government, large deficits.

Blowing the racist dog megaphone is what he needed to do to get wrestling crowds to vote for him.

Why Republicans & especially evangelicals fell for it too will remain one of life's great mysteries.
I do know that, and the best possible outcome of this election would be if he simply rejects the GOP and focuses on Democrat ideals, but I reckon time has changed him. He's done the Mitt Romney, and I don't think he's going back.

Where are people coming up with this s**t about Trump being cut from a different cloth, not being part of the establishment?

I think it's because he isn't a career politician. It's the same here, the quality of politicians is on a long term downward spiral and they serve their party first and foremost

In terms of quality of politician the US might have just reached rock bottom with trump but part of his success is due to the fact he wasn't one of the political elite - even sections of his own party refused to back him

The democrats need to go back and understand how they just lost an election to quite possibly the most vile individual to run for office

People are tired of being talked down to by elites who never have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

So instead they decided to vote in a guy who has gone bankrupt, bragged about sexually assaulting women, called minorities rapists and criminals? What suffering has Trump experienced?

That's why Hillary was a terrible woeful candidate. Sanders would've talked policy and wiped the floor with Trump.

She did talk policy as much as she allowed. The constant stream of Trump scandals and sound bytes changed the questioning unfortunately.

and who is to blame for the predicament of the people in the rust belt?

they are stuffed mate and sick of being ignored by the political and financial elite.
Ironically, because of people like Trump. And isn't he the financial elite?

What is Trump going to implement. All I heard him say is they will get better healthcare at cheaper prices. Is he going to implement some sort of Medicare and how will they pay for it?

Is all healthcare going back to the employers (so the unemployed can still be turned away), cutting into their tax reduction which means the jobs won't come back?

I don't understand their system over there.
His plan is to make people pay for it themselves via tax credits or a Health Saving account but low income people look to be much worse off under Trump's system than they were under Obamacare

No it isn't. It's going to spread like wildfire to everywhere else.
It is human nature to destroy ourselves, that is not going to change. The "United" States of America will eventually collapse due to ideological and partisan differences regardless of who won the election. Trump will just make it collapse at a quicker rate and those who will be the most angry and disappointed are going to be the ones who believed in him the most. Neither Clinton or Trump deserved to run for POTUS, they're both deeply flawed candidates for different reasons. I can't say that I'll be shedding any tears if America goes down the crapper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's silly to claim armageddon and this "end of the world" nonsense.
Don't really think anyone is saying either of those but given his comments to date doesn't really inspire confidence for the future.
Very little flesh to the policies of importance.
Even when you don't share the same political beliefs as leaders from other countries, you can at least make sense of them. This guy just doesn't given you any confidence that he will have a handle on either domestic or international situations. (Was going to say 'affairs') .

I do know that, and the best possible outcome of this election would be if he simply rejects the GOP and focuses on Democrat ideals, but I reckon time has changed him. He's done the Mitt Romney, and I don't think he's going back.
He won't reject them unless his opinion polls start tanking.

The man is obsessed with polls and is the ultimate populist. That will dictate him on policy.

Just a natural response to the corruption and thieving of the elite classes.

People are tired of being talked down to by elites who never have to suffer the consequences of their actions. Sanders giving Clinton a scare in the Democratic primaries should have told you this.

It doesn't explan it fully.

There is a pushback by white working class uneducated people worldwide. Populist parties are capitalising on it (and fanning the flames). The 'political correctness gone mad' crowd who feel disempowered by liberal policies who they see as providing a voice for minorities and not a voice for them.

I mean * me, we have far right wing rallies on the streets of Berlin again, calling for the persecution of a religious minority.

Remains to be seen where it takes us. My sincere belief is 'War' (if history is any guide).

Just a natural response to the corruption and thieving of the elite classes.

People are tired of being talked down to by elites who never have to suffer the consequences of their actions. Sanders giving Clinton a scare in the Democratic primaries should have told you this.
The Billionaire Trump isn't an elite who has never suffered the consequences of his actions? Not paying tradesmen, sexual assaults

Don't really think anyone is saying either of those but given his comments to date doesn't really inspire confidence for the future.
Very little flesh to the policies of importance.
Even when you don't share the same political beliefs as leaders from other countries, you can at least make sense of them. This guy just doesn't given you any confidence that he will have a handle on either domestic or international situations. (Was going to say 'affairs') .
Pleeenty of people are saying it. Check out the MMOChampion forums. Or even better, reddit.

Regardless, it's going to be quite interesting to see what he actually does. Can he be any worse than Bush Jnr?

lol "writer"
lol "long"

she's a ******* idiot

misogynistic oppressor, typical white male yada yada yada

Maybe have a little look at how the markets have reacted then think what 4 years of that will look like
stock markets are always tumultous during elections, they soon correct.
Be interesting to see the US Market tomorrow

Election Winner Election Day % change day after Election Day
Barack Obama (D) 11/4/2008 -5.27
Harry S. Truman (D) 11/2/1948 -4.61
Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) 11/8/1932 -4.42
Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) 11/5/1940 -3.32
Barack Obama (D) 11/6/2012 -2.37
George W. Bush (R) 11/7/2000 -1.58
Jimmy Carter (D) 11/2/1976 -1.14
Dwight D. Eisenhower (R) 11/6/1956 -1.03
Ronald Reagan (R) 11/6/1984 -0.73
William Clinton (D) 11/3/1992 -0.67

Pleeenty of people are saying it. Check out the MMOChampion forums. Or even better, reddit.

Regardless, it's going to be quite interesting to see what he actually does. Can he be any worse than Bush Jnr?
Again, I have only been reading BF, don't go to other sites, this is extreme enough at times.
Will be very interesting four years. Fingers crossed.

Kim Beazley now talking on the ABC about the problem in Asia with the Yanks pulling out.

I expect a large surge in Australian military spending next budget.

Doubt it. We've been reliant on the US for military power for a long time, hence the immediate and embarrassing flip flop endorsements flooding out from our politicians today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back