Play Nice 2016 US Presidential Election - Trump vs Clinton? Part 2

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditionally sure, but not nowadays
The religious vote is one of the last elements the Republicans cling to. Hell its most of the reason Ted Cruz got as far as he did in the primaries.
The religious right is a funny one. A big % of Americans are religious, Obama says god bless America etc all the time.

I get that a reason a lot of people dislike the right is because they used to use their religion to take up stances against science. But now it has started to swing to the left now disregarding science in favour of feelings and supposed gender fluidity and trying to tell everyone that there are more than 2 genders even though science says otherwise.

The religious right is a funny one. A big % of Americans are religious, Obama says god bless America etc all the time.

I get that a reason a lot of people dislike the right is because they used to use their religion to take up stances against science. But now it has started to swing to the left now disregarding science in favour of feelings and supposed gender fluidity and trying to tell everyone that there are more than 2 genders even though science says otherwise.

Its become such a typical soundbite from Politicians that I doubt most even realise they are making it half the time.

Nope.

Wasn't a lady, it was a kid. That's pretty crucial to the opinion I expressed in the post.

Means nothing since you don't even know what my post was about going by your misunderstandings.

Please try and explain yourself then.

Because it looks like you were angry a young woman knew some things. Particularly because she might have learned those things at school.

Please try and explain yourself then.

Because it looks like you were angry a young woman knew some things. Particularly because she might have learned those things at school.

I said a girl, literally a 12 or 13 year old? Her appreciation of history seemed coached, rather than genuine, particularly due to her age and presumably her level of experience.

Speaking of history I wonder why so many conservative US presidents get assassinated?
Kennedy was one of the most progressive Presidents wasn't he? Likewise his brother who met the same fate :(

I said a girl, literally a 12 or 13 year old? Her appreciation of history seemed coached, rather than genuine, particularly due to her age and presumably her level of experience.

So a 13 year old is incapable of understanding that women never used to be allowed to vote? A 13 year old picks things up from the media, school, parents, friends - that's how people learn. It isn't coaching, its just an opinion. A pretty reasonable one that would only bother the weirdest of right wing weirdos.

At what age should we be teaching Australian children that it was still legal to rape your wife right up until the mid 1980's?

Never? When they're 50? When?

So a 13 year old is incapable of understanding that women never used to be allowed to vote? A 13 year old picks things up from the media, school, parents, friends - that's how people learn. It isn't coaching, its just an opinion. A pretty reasonable one that would only bother the weirdest of right wing weirdos.

If you're just going to attack strawmen, then there is no reason to even quote me. I said her enthusiasm seemed forced, and therefore coached, or just inherited off of others, and part of this is due to her age and presumably her experience. I'm also not saying that this is unusual, children do mimic their parents or other people, and when they do it comes off a little weird, as this did.

At what age should we be teaching Australian children that it was still legal to rape your wife right up until the mid 1980's?

Never? When they're 50? When?

Oh dear :$

That's what passes for education today. No critical thinking, just blind acceptance of the huge amunt of things you're told.
Its like that article that said 81%~ of young girls/women felt like they were at a disadvantage to men.

No actual statistics, just their feelings that were more than likely based on what they have been told by the media and famous people like Kirsten Bell and Lena Dunham.

If you're just going to attack strawmen, then there is no reason to even quote me. I said her enthusiasm seemed forced, and therefore coached, or just inherited off of others, and part of this is due to her age and presumably her experience. I'm also not saying that this is unusual, children do mimic their parents or other people, and when they do it comes off a little weird, as this did.

Oh dear :$

So you had a general feeling of thinking something felt forced, and that's it.

Strong argument.

Its like that article that said 81%~ of young girls/women felt like they were at a disadvantage to men.

No actual statistics, just their feelings that were more than likely based on what they have been told by the media and famous people like Kirsten Bell and Lena Dunham.

Come on. The alt right is literally based on feeling over reality. Emotions are hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you had a general feeling of thinking something felt forced, and that's it.

Strong argument.

Did I say forced? It seemed odd, that's for sure, and inherited rather than really learned and appreciated.

It's not an argument, it's just an observation. It seemed weird coming from someone who hasn't done the hard yards, and therefore I think she just learned the narrative from someone else and doesn't really have an appreciation for what she is talking about. It's not unusual coming from children, and empty rhetoric isn't unusual from adults either, particularly around election time.

2. The Second Amendment protects individual, not collective rights

The use of the word "militia" has created some confusion in modern times, because we don't understand the language as it was used at the time the Constitution was written. However, the Supreme Court states in context, "it was clearly an individual right" (p. 20). The operative clause of the Second Amendment is “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,” which is used three times in the Bill of Rights. The Court explains that "All three of these instances unambiguously refer to individual rights, not 'collective' rights, or rights that may be exercised only through participation in some corporate body" (p. 5), adding “nowhere else in the Constitution does a 'right' attributed to “the people” refer to anything other than an individual right" (p. 6).

4. Personal self-defense is the primary purpose of the Second Amendment

We often hear politicians talk about their strong commitment to the Second Amendment while simultaneously mentioning hunting. Although hunting is a legitimate purpose for firearms, it isn't the primary purpose for the Second Amendment. The Court states “the core lawful purpose [is] self-defense” (p. 58), explaining the Founders “understood the right to enable individuals to defend themselves ... the 'right of self-preservation' as permitting a citizen to 'repe[l] force by force' when 'the intervention of society in his behalf, may be too late to prevent an injury' (p.21). They conclude "the inherent right of self-defense has been central to the Second Amendment right" (p.56).

https://mic.com/articles/24557/9-things-you-didn-t-know-about-the-second-amendment#.Zj7wkVgvw
It's template is ~350 years old. Sweet Jesus.... How can it not be argued that it deprives a greater right, as say the wearing of seatbelts, which although should be the individuals choice, the result of dying in an accident creates a burden on the tax payer which is considered a more important right to protect.
It's all relative, and it is maintained in the modern day only by the boyish lust for machinery, and the money the lobbyists use to corrupt all levels of government.
Seriously, how can it be said that a child's right to live is less than my right to protect myself from my paranoia or even my real enemy.
History will judge this along with a few other things, as low points in America's history.
I find it hard not to see supporters of the 2nd as complicit murderers. Blight.

Its become such a typical soundbite from Politicians that I doubt most even realise they are making it half the time.
They have to say it. He tested the waters years ago and got pilloried for it.
Fortunately atheism is outpacing the other superstitions growth wise, and contrary to common belief, a huge number of Americans are non religious.
Obviously. Religion is banal. LOL
Religion flies men into buildings, science flies men to the moon. Boom tish.

It's template is ~350 years old. Sweet Jesus.... How can it not be argued that it deprives a greater right, as say the wearing of seatbelts, which although should be the individuals choice, the result of dying in an accident creates a burden on the tax payer which is considered a more important right to protect.
It's all relative, and it is maintained in the modern day only by the boyish lust for machinery, and the money the lobbyists use to corrupt all levels of government.
Seriously, how can it be said that a child's right to live is less than my right to protect myself from my paranoia or even my real enemy.
History will judge this along with a few other things, as low points in America's history.
I find it hard not to see supporters of the 2nd as complicit murderers. Blight.
The 2nd amendment being old doesn't mean someone doesn't have the right to self defense. Those founding fathers were pretty smart people you know.

If you take guns off of law abiding citizens you are just leaving more guns with criminals against a defenseless populace.

http://americangunfacts.com/

With just one exception, every public mass shooting in the USA since 1950 has taken place where citizens are banned from carrying guns. Despite strict gun regulations, Europe has had 3 of the worst 6 school shootings.

One of the safest cities in the US, El Paso, has some of the most lax gun laws in the country.

In 1982, Kennesaw, Georgia passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared to just 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole.

Today, the violent crime rate in Kennesaw is still 85% lowerthan Georgia's or the national average.

When seconds matter, the police are just minutes away.

That's what passes for education today. No critical thinking, just blind acceptance of the huge amunt of things you're told.
Yep agree, unless, as in this case, the young girl got it right. So if one can process info it means you are well informed. And considering her comment was factually based, she did this so good on her.
Although its hardly what passes for 'education' its more a case of people's inability to think critically and that is up to the individual. And the paucity and manipulation of real info in mainstream media means plenty remain uninformed.

Last edited:
The 2nd amendment being old doesn't mean someone doesn't have the right to self defense. Those founding fathers were pretty smart people you know.

If you take guns off of law abiding citizens you are just leaving more guns with criminals against a defenseless populace.

http://americangunfacts.com/

With just one exception, every public mass shooting in the USA since 1950 has taken place where citizens are banned from carrying guns. Despite strict gun regulations, Europe has had 3 of the worst 6 school shootings.

One of the safest cities in the US, El Paso, has some of the most lax gun laws in the country.

In 1982, Kennesaw, Georgia passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared to just 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole.

Today, the violent crime rate in Kennesaw is still 85% lowerthan Georgia's or the national average.

When seconds matter, the police are just minutes away.

So Americans are the safest people on earth?

You realise the Trump movement is just aggrieved mediocre whites who want someone to tell them "It's *someone else's* fault"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back