2016 US Presidential Election - Trump vs Clinton? - Part 1

Who will win the election??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at Crooked Hillary's rally turnouts. Her latest alt-right focused rally was real high energy. :drunk:

Cqu0D9WW8AAF0Ql.jpg:large

Couldn't pay me enough to sit through only 30 minutes of lies. Wonder how cheap those actors were to hire.

Lol at Crooked Hillary's rally turnouts. Her latest alt-right focused rally was real high energy. :drunk:

Couldn't pay me enough to sit through only 30 minutes of lies. Wonder how cheap those actors were to hire.
Lol at Donald Trumps's poll numbers. His latest alt-right focused campaign manager was real high energy. :drunk:
upload_2016-8-26_9-17-16.png

Lol at Donald Trumps's poll numbers. His latest alt-right focused campaign manager was real high energy. :drunk:
View attachment 280935

Couldn't care less about polls at this stage. 3 months of breakdowns to be had for either candidate along with the debates.

No brakes on the Trump Train while Hillary is slowing down big time. It's going to be fascinating viewing.

kGhIjsP.gif

She sure likes her 'funny poses'.

In what world is that a sincere reaction?

In the world where you have children or grandchildren.
Maybe not scripted, but late night talk shows are definitely planned. It's not like Clinton had no idea that they had a jar of pickles prepared for her and she is not natural enough to just offer her arm to get her pulse checked on a whim without it being planned.

That is why she only does interviews where she knows what is coming and can be prepared for it, which is a factor in why she has not held a press conference this year.
She has done press conferences, but the people who want to say that she hasn't think of reasons to discount them (I think the last reason why it didn't count was because it was exclusively reporters from minority representation groups?). She's also done debates and many public appearances where the questions aren't vetted. People are selling you a pup. And your claim that "she is not natural enough" is just plain stupid. If the 'read my pulse' thing was set up do you really think she'd be happy with Kimmel saying she has no pulse (i.e. is undead?)??

This stuff is pathetic politics at best and paranoid delusion at worst.

Ryan described Trump and his base not as conservative but as "alt right". He unequivocally said this is not the GOP stump. They will cut him and his loonies loose, David Duke and the like, and get back to basics. If they don't move left on social issues they will never win. They can retain their economic views, but the bile needs to stop. And that is where we are. Trumps support is not significant. It is however loud and dangerous and headline grabbing. So it seems bigger than it really is. Mano e Mano with the Bern, and he'd go down 90:10...
Poor form to quote yourself... but, today the pronouncement has been made... yeah, it's from some leftie rag, Vox.... but it highlights the delay in what's happening, to when it becomes a discussion point. This was relevant several weeks if not months ago. Hence the self aggrandizement. At least a couple more sublime events and strategies have manifested in the meantime. I'll tell you'll bout em if yer want. One piece of intel points to the health issue as being trumps weakness, and not Hillary's, as its being promoted or reported in the mainstream media. Wait and see. Wait and see. (Twice for gravitas).

The day the alt-right went mainstream.
http://www.vox.com/2016/8/25/12652922/vox-sentences-alt-right-mainstream

Oh, and word is he's got a penchant for the booger sugar. I don't know if it's true, but a lot of people are saying it. A lot of people. Probably. Possibly. I don't know. But they are saying it.
High flying NY Business man that came up in the 80's has a penchant for nose candy? knock me over with a feather.

David Duke, Donald Trump and the dog whistle

Authors:
Kirby Goidel
Professor of Communication, Texas A&M University

Charles S. Bullock III
Professor of Political Science, University of Georgia

Keith Gaddie
Professor of Political Science, University of Oklahoma

David Duke, the blow-dried wizard of Louisiana politics, is back. This time he is running to represent Louisiana in the U.S. Senate.

When asked by journalist Tyler Bridges if he appealed to the same voters as Donald Trump, Duke replied:

“He’s getting the same kinds of votes that I have gotten in Louisiana. He’s getting the same kinds of votes that [Pat] Buchanan got. He’s getting the same votes as George Wallace.”

As scholars of southern politics, political campaigns and public opinion, we thought Duke’s time had come and gone. His reemergence during the deeply divisive Donald Trump presidential campaign gives testament to William Faulkner’s observation in “Requiem for a Nun” that “the past isn’t dead, it isn’t even past.”

The seeds for Duke’s reemergence as a candidate – ironically enough, we contend – were sown by the election of the nation’s first African-American president. Rather than bridging racial divides, those divides have deepened over the course of Barack Obama’s administration. Issues not traditionally associated with race, such as health care, have become racialized. Old-fashioned and outspoken racism has replaced the softer, coded and unspoken symbolic racism that has defined the past several decades.

What Duke represented and still represents – the lingering stain of racial resentment – remains an unfortunate but resilient strand of American political thought. In the America of 2016, racists can put down their dog whistles and just yell for their dogs.

Or, they can run for the U.S. Senate.

From racist to representative

Duke spent his college days at Louisiana State University from 1968 to 1974, preaching white supremacy while recruiting for the Ku Klux Klan. He was dismissed by journalists as one of those asteroids following its own orbit in the lunatic fringe. Throughout the 1970s and ‘80’s he was active in white supremacist circles, creating his own civil rights group, the National Association for the Advancement of White People, and running as a perennial Democratic candidate for offices ranging from the state legislature to the presidency. Then in 1989, running as a Republican, he won a special election to the Louisiana House of Representatives, where he served from 1989 to 1992.

Success fueled Duke’s ambition and provided the springboard for two serious bids for statewide office. Foreshadowing the Trump campaign, the GOP establishment disavowed Duke. Nonetheless, he won 43 percent of the vote in his 1990 Senate race against incumbent U.S. Senator Bennett Johnston. Then, he won 39 percent in an encore performance in the gubernatorial election against the ethically challenged Edwin Edwards in 1991.

In both contests, Duke won the bulk of the white vote while running against experienced and well-known officeholders. Edwards won thanks to high turnout, especially among African-Americans motivated by the call to “vote for the crook, it’s important.” Perhaps ironically, both the crook Edwin Edwards and the Klansman David Duke would later spend time in a U.S. penitentiary: Edwards for bribery and extortion and Duke for “bilking his supporters and cheating on his taxes.”

In 1996, his novelty having worn off, Duke won only 11 percent of the vote in his second run for the Senate. In 1999, he took 19 percent in a special U.S. House of Representatives contest.

Duke and Trump: Overlapping voters?

Duke’s relative success spawned a small cottage industry of academic research as scholars grappled with what the electoral viability of a Klansman meant to democratic governance.

The research uncovered that long before Trump entered the nation’s consciousness as a reality show host, Duke honed a message that resonated with white working-class voters struggling economically, angry at an economic and political system that had grown callous to their needs, resentful of establishment career politicians, and ready to scapegoat emerging minorities. When asked in early August if Trump voters were also his voters, Duke observed:

“Well, of course they are! Because I represent the ideas of preserving this country and the heritage of this country, and I think Trump represents that as well.”

Duke’s claim has merit. Looking at votes cast for Trump in the 2016 GOP primary by county, what Louisiana calls “parishes,” shows that Louisianans voted similarly to how they voted for Duke in the gubernatorial primary in 1991. In 40 of Louisiana’s 64 parishes, Trump’s actual support in the 2016 presidential primary is within five percentage points of an estimate from a statistical model based only on Duke’s percentage of the vote in 1991. This is not just partisanship at work, as Louisiana uses a closed presidential primary system, which prevents strategic Democratic voting.

Why is this the case?

Both Duke and Trump received larger shares of the vote in parishes where the population is mostly white, rural and less educated. They both did relatively poorly in more urban parishes like New Orleans, East Baton Rouge and Caddo with large African-American populations and more college-educated residents.

Using statistical models based on these data, we found that relative to David Duke’s vote, Trump’s vote is more closely associated with education, meaning he pulls more strongly from less educated voters. Duke’s vote is more closely associated with race. But, if there are differences in their bases of support, the similarities are even more striking, especially given that a quarter of a century has passed since Duke’s 1991 campaign.

image-20160824-30246-ywv6ij.jpg

Given the similarities in their support, it is not surprising that Duke endorsed Trump. Trump, as has been his pattern, reacted in multiple ways – feigning ignorance of Duke and his past before shying away. Regardless, they share the same base of racially resentful voters.

As political scientist Phil Klinkner recently concluded, racial resentment, even more than economic anxiety, was driving voters to Donald Trump. David Duke was smart enough to read the tea leaves. If Trump was winning nationally, Duke’s message might once again find resonance locally in Louisiana.

While this explains Duke’s decision to run, we have our doubts about his ability to run competitively or win statewide in 2016. Duke’s days as the messenger of racial resentment are hopefully long gone. Twenty-five years have passed since we thought of him and his message as an echo. The Trump campaign serves as a reminder that Duke’s message still finds resonance with voters, and voice from ambitious, unscrupulous politicians. Donald Trump is only the latest and most visible example tapping into this undercurrent of American political thought.

https://theconversation.com/david-duke-donald-trump-and-the-dog-whistle-64041

inb4 "these Southern academics are cucks"

Some fascinating stuff in this 'pivot' footage. Trump basically coaxing his audience along to a more reasonable position and you can see them slowly take the hints, but even by the end of it he can't quite get the language right (saying "who doesn't want them thrown out?") and so most of the audience doesn't commit either way, although he does get enough clapping for the proposal that mass deportation is no longer going to happen:

And this was Hillary's speech where she tied together a few things to point out how white nationalist the 'alt-right' movement is:

Taken together I think you basically see how Trump is just a product of the Internet's echo-chambers, and others are trying to bring him into a more electable position, whether it be his own daughter at the convention, or the RNC with his economic speech, or whoever is behind this current supposed 'pivot'. Is it the Breitbart guy? I don't know much about that website, but could he be savvy enough to know he will look like a bad operative if he lets Trump continue in the narrow alt-right echo-chamber?

Rather than policy on the run, this whole campaign is politics on the run. And at times he has apparently polled well nationally... I can't help feeling that's from people not paying attention perhaps, or someone tapping into that common idea that 'all politicians suck', before people get a bit more serious and go 'well actually Trump definitely sucks too'.

Some fascinating stuff in this 'pivot' footage. Trump basically coaxing his audience along to a more reasonable position and you can see them slowly take the hints, but even by the end of it he can't quite get the language right (saying "who doesn't want them thrown out?") and so most of the audience doesn't commit either way, although he does get enough clapping for the proposal that mass deportation is no longer going to happen:

And this was Hillary's speech where she tied together a few things to point out how white nationalist the 'alt-right' movement is:

Taken together I think you basically see how Trump is just a product of the Internet's echo-chambers, and others are trying to bring him into a more electable position, whether it be his own daughter at the convention, or the RNC with his economic speech, or whoever is behind this current supposed 'pivot'. Is it the Breitbart guy? I don't know much about that website, but could he be savvy enough to know he will look like a bad operative if he lets Trump continue in the narrow alt-right echo-chamber?

Rather than policy on the run, this whole campaign is politics on the run. And at times he has apparently polled well nationally... I can't help feeling that's from people not paying attention perhaps, or someone tapping into that common idea that 'all politicians suck', before people get a bit more serious and go 'well actually Trump definitely sucks too'.

Trump doesn’t have policy positions that are locked in place. He has emotions that change depending on the time of day, hence he can go from build a wall mass and mass deportation to, pay taxes and they can stay, we can’t mass deport, back to we’ll deport all the “bad guys” then we’ll talk about deporting the rest, and once they’re deported they can come back in and pay taxes and have a pathway to citizenship, all in the space of about 48 hours. He’s a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably worth reading Breitbart's articles on the alt-right to learn about them, then.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/25/hillary-clinton-alt-right-embarassment/

Yeah the alt right is the ugly fringe. Nazis, basically. Breitbart is the Luke Hodge, to Trump's Sam Mitchell. Breitbart lives and breathes the dream, and has several "solutions". Trump is just the face... media whore who channels the bile. (No offence to Sam Mitchell.). Trump floats away, Breitbart foments. If as some say, trump is a demagogue, he will surely go down in history as the dumbest demagogue ever. The dems have mountains of s**t on trump... never had to use it though. They will when required, indiscretions and dodgy Panama deals aplenty. Assange hates Hillary, but he's got loads on Trump. Impossible not to. Both candidates are abhorrent.

High flying NY Business man that came up in the 80's has a penchant for nose candy? knock me over with a feather.

Can't help thinking about that scene from wolf of wall street when he looks at his car in the morning after driving home on the ludes. Yuge Roflmao.

Sure, Hillary and the whole civilized world calls out Brietbart for being racist, by quoting their own articles, but Brietbart responds saying alt-right misunderstood they aren't racist.

For not being racist they certainly print a lot of explicitly racist things...

Lol, people flock to Trump so they can be in the same space as a celeb, Clinton's rally's have no need for large turnouts because most are already voting for her...if you think Trump is going to win then you're batshit crazy, follow the money...that'll lead you home.

Trump doesn’t have policy positions that are locked in place.

he has one position locked in place, Trump..that's all he's interested in.

Lol, people flock to Trump so they can be in the same space as a celeb, Clinton's rally's have no need for large turnouts because most are already voting for her...if you think Trump is going to win then you're batshit crazy, follow the money...that'll lead you home.

he has one position locked in place, Trump..that's all he's interested in.

People "flocking" to Trump rallies is a myth. He blabs on about "the place is heaving with thousands outside trying to get in". The reality is, over and over, that there are often thousands (5000+) of empty seats inside. It's BS. If you say it enough times at least you (alone) might believe it. It like most other Trumpisms are false. He's not worth a billion dollars, let alone his magical "if I feel it kinda" 10 billion. The list literally, oddly is nearly endless. That's why the Dems have not had to "pivot" in any way. When Trump "pivots", his Ebay GPS auto-corrects him back to the failed course he was on... it's beautiful and strange at the same time. We are blessed as observers to witness and appreciate such an event. I'd put it up there with the mighty Lion's three-peat, and the asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs. No specific order.

People "flocking" to Trump r
I didn't make claim about numbers. I know his supporters have posted pics of other events and claimed them as his own though.
allies is a myth. He blabs on about "the place is heaving with thousands outside trying to get in". The reality is, over and over, that there are often thousands (5000+) of empty seats inside. It's BS. If you say it enough times at least you (alone) might believe it. It like most other Trumpisms are false. He's not worth a billion dollars, let alone his magical "if I feel it kinda" 10 billion. The list literally, oddly is nearly endless. That's why the Dems have not had to "pivot" in any way. When Trump "pivots", his Ebay GPS auto-corrects him back to the failed course he was on... it's beautiful and strange at the same time. We are blessed as observers to witness and appreciate such an event. I'd put it up there with the mighty Lion's three-peat, and the asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs. No specific order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back