Match Discussion 2016 - VAFA Premier B Round 12 : 2 Jul - Fitzroy v Hampton Rovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Mobbenfuhrer,

I reckon your idea of putting thing up is a good one BUT I cannot text, type or spell.

Could I send you a phone message that you could digest and then post? Maybe a minute, or possible two, spoken.

Today Claire and I went past the church, in Vienna, where Mozart's Requiem was first performed. Went to Haydn's house in the arvo.

Just another thought: can we put up an audio file say on the Tramconductors on facebook? You could then paraphrase it as very little is said at the ground that is sensible or printable.

Watching the second quarter on a very slow download doobywacker.

Go the Roys

Today Claire and I went past the church, in Vienna, where Mozart's Requiem was first performed. Went to Haydn's house in the arvo.

I didn't know Mathew Hayden had a house in Vienna. Did he turn a barbie on for you? Is there a strong cricket culture in Austria?

Great to see Roys in TOP FOUR. The trick is to stay there. Looks like our last home game against Scotch is shaping as a mini final.,

Hey Mobbenfuhrer,

I reckon your idea of putting thing up is a good one BUT I cannot text, type or spell.

Could I send you a phone message that you could digest and then post? Maybe a minute, or possible two, spoken.

Unsure what you mean by this.

Went to Haydn's house in the arvo.

Regaled in our household as the only world-renowned composer who's name is pronounced in an Australian accent ;)

Was wondering if you'd start stalking Mozart when you got to Vienna. Good stuff!

What I mean is could I leave a phone message, you listen to it and then either you put something up or post the phone message as some sort of audio file?

It is possible to put links to youtube doobywackers (or more accurately you can ) so can we put a link to somewhere that has an audio link thingo.

Went to the Wien Mozart Orchestra and listened to all the usual suspects. The soloist playing the first part of Mozart's third violin concerto buggered up the solo bit, missing two notes. Went to Mozarthaus and played on my ipod whatever music that the exhibit in front of me mentioned. The Hills are alive to the sounds of Mozart.

What I mean is could I leave a phone message, you listen to it and then either you put something up or post the phone message as some sort of audio file?

It is possible to put links to youtube doobywackers (or more accurately you can ) so can we put a link to somewhere that has an audio link thingo.

Went to the Wien Mozart Orchestra and listened to all the usual suspects. The soloist playing the first part of Mozart's third violin concerto buggered up the solo bit, missing two notes. Went to Mozarthaus and played on my ipod whatever music that the exhibit in front of me mentioned. The Hills are alive to the sounds of Mozart.
Ahh yeah you can link youtube easily here, just copy the video's page address and paste it.
With sound files, I believe Soundcloud can do it, and Bigfooty supports it, but I've only ever tried that once and it didn't work (Hard Rock Cafe from 'Footy Favourites').

At the very least, you can add a link to wherever a file is uploaded, and even if it doesn't convert to some neat watchable/listenable thing here (that's called 'embedding'), it would still be a link that readers can click on, and go to watch/listen.

All the AFL clubs have a 'podcast', it's like a recorded weekly radio segment, where fans chat about their club. Maybe Fitzroy could do the same! (need someone who knows about podcasts, though).

What about Rackthatmanoff?
Ooh not bad, and I like Rachmaninov.

We listened to De Falla at an MSO sidney myer bowl concert once, and all I could think of was that the conductors probably thinks "I am De Falla, De Falla starter, I am Manuel De Falla starter".

Chopin's playing here at the moment, I'd prefer Sibelius right now but the missus thinks his music is too dreary and 'dramatic'. pfft

I love listening to the stuff, but I don't know it so well that I'd pick up an error from the orchestra!
I listened to Mozart's five violin concertos on the plane. Sometimes the plane has some classical music that I have on my ipod so I play both of them and compare and contrast. It's a great way to kill time.

The mistakes were in the solo part so she had no where to hide and no where to run. I didn't think she played the rest all that well either.

Getting back to the recording, so there is a way to record something at the ground (phone?), upload it somewhere and then put a link to it?

Maldonald Trumpbull or Billary Shorton - any difference?

Saturday produced a good win for the Club (Fitzroy 23.18.156 V Hampton Rovers 7.10.52) but remarkably there was no difference, margin wise (104pts), on the home fixture victory over Hampton Rovers last year (2015 R15 Fitzroy 24.16.160 V Hampton Rovers 8.8.56).The second political forum was the pregame President’s program before last year’s match against HR and this year we all had politics on our mind with the double dissolution compulsorily drawing us to the polling booths. The first goal kicker on both occasions was the ever hard working Jack Dalton. No wonder then that opposition coach Owen Lalor, who had stood at the after match in 2015 listening to then HR coach Guy Martyn heap praise on Fitzroy’s performance, felt an eerily strange sense of déjà vu when he came to the lectern to do likewise this year.

Hampton Rovers, presently, are a relatively young side being guided on field by a superb veteran captain in Leigh Fletcher whom the Tram Conductors cannot fault. He would have had more possessions leading to second possessions than most, if not all, players on the ground on Saturday and was double tagged, in the backline, by two of our players in the last quarter! Added to this he took the majority of the 18 kick outs owing to his undimmed accuracy by foot and hand. We cried ‘elder abuse’ in a vain effort to give him a fair go but the Roys were ruthless. We note that he is to play his 200th VAFA game next time out and like all who have had the privilege to watch him play, even irregularly, over many years the Roys send their own “well played” accolades.

Sam and Luke Baker like their namesake patronym rose early again and contributed 4 goals, two each, before halftime; (Sam added another in the last quarter incorrectly attributed to another). Luke then retired with a knock to the injury he suffered last week when he copped friendly fire from Dan “The Real Man“ Bisetto. Dan and Rory had some of the Tram Conductors singing, interchangeably, “oh Danny/Rory Boy” or “Daniel/Rory my brother” in an attempt to garner some of the reflected glory they are showering on the club. Lively Ligris lancing the lines with lethal left-footed litheness lapped up plaudits from the pleased populace in the peoples palace as did Jacob “Vinnie Cattogio” Long. Julian Turner was good but too generous; we want a 10 goal game from another of our left footers.

Awareness of déjà vu and how to avoid it is the aim when next the Roys play. An inglorious loss to Old Brighton Grammar in R16 last year at their Beach Road Oval followed the Hampton Rovers comprehensive victory mentioned above and snuffed out our finals chances. Next game same bat opponent same bat ground the sons of Kings (fils du Roi corrupted from French to Fitzroy in English) should aim to win all four quarters again, as we did this week, and prove their legitimacy against Brighton’s sons of the Beaches.

Go fils

Last edited:
I listened to Mozart's five violin concertos on the plane. Sometimes the plane has some classical music that I have on my ipod so I play both of them and compare and contrast. It's a great way to kill time.

The mistakes were in the solo part so she had no where to hide and no where to run. I didn't think she played the rest all that well either.

Getting back to the recording, so there is a way to record something at the ground (phone?), upload it somewhere and then put a link to it?
There are certainly ways to upload files, but when it comes to recording stuff in the first place, I'm as much in the dark as anyone. Progress has passed me by. Mobile phones probably record audio these days, I heard they can take pictures. But I don't know how to do it.

Hey Mobbenfuhrer,

Was he in ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I attended this game on the way to the MCG for the Collingwood/Carlton game (missus is a pies fan). First Fitzroy game I've been to and I have to say I was extremely impressed by just how far you guys have come as a club.

I'm not old enough to remember the Roys in the AFL, but standing at Brunswick Street oval and seeing all the Fitzroy colours in the crowd and just soaking in the atmosphere of the game was awesome. Good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsu:

I attended this game on the way to the MCG for the Collingwood/Carlton game (missus is a pies fan). First Fitzroy game I've been to and I have to say I was extremely impressed by just how far you guys have come as a club.

I'm not old enough to remember the Roys in the AFL, but standing at Brunswick Street oval and seeing all the Fitzroy colours in the crowd and just soaking in the atmosphere of the game was awesome. Good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsu:

Great feedback for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back